ADVERTISEMENT

I Need An Update on The 50 State Attacks

How many people have to be killed in the name of 'racial injustices - which is a made-up term for getting played by CNN and MSNBC for political reasons - before you MIGHT just be somewhat critical of their methods?

I

How many people WERE killed ? Mcmurtry claimed 23 and when I asked him for a link he demurred. I'd say that's because he knows that number likely included more protestors than non-protestors. But I don't really know, because as usual, he didn't supply a link for his "facts", just a snarky reply...

Does evidence of fraud supercede the right to free speech and assembly?

There was evidence of fraud, if you are paying the least bit of attention. 6,000 votes being shifted from Trump to Biden in one Michigan county being only 1 example.

Blocking Republican observers is another. Claiming a seweage line break for slow vote counting in Atlanta, when there was none, is another. Tranches of votes coming in with 100% for Biden are another.

The problem is, the courts wouldn't even hear the evidence. There is plenty of evidence, but the Democrats aren't the final word about who has the right to determine who is justified for exercising their rights.
You seriously ask, "Does evidence of fraud supercede the right to free speech and assembly?"

The correct answer is of course it does.

For example, you and Bernie Madoff have absolutely no right to conduct an investment seminar for the purpose of recruiting and swindling investors and then claim you can't be prosecuted because you are just exercising your "right to free speech and assembly." You've surely seen other similar examples of limitations on free speech throughout your life. This is nothing new -- don't play coy.

for sure. and you know everyone of those rednecks has an arsenal of weapons at home that they could have brought. the people who say this was a coup are the same hyper partisans whose opinions come as no surprise. that said, i do believe that "some" of the demonstrators could have been incited on an impulse thought that they could interfere/delay the vote. regardless, if this was a coup as some here are so certain of there's a federal statute right on point with severe consequences for same upon conviction
Wait a minute -- are you suggesting that only a few of the thousands of people that came from all over the United States, wearing Trump and Qanon garb, at exactly the same time as each other and the same time Congress was processing the EC votes were acting on an "impulse" thought that they could interfere/delay the vote?

Damn, McMurtry. That's a pretty complicated "impulse."

Wait a minute -- are you suggesting that only a few of the thousands of people that came from all over the United States, wearing Trump and Qanon garb, at exactly the same time as each other and the same time Congress was processing the EC votes were acting on an "impulse" thought that they could interfere/delay the vote?

Damn, McMurtry. That's a pretty complicated "impulse."
they weren't at the capitol. that's not where they went. trump told them let's walk to the capitol. so that's where they went. then a few lost their shit and acted impulsively. most took selfies with the cops. then they left and had dinner somewhere. entire thing lasted at best an hour? p.s. the left is back to rioting ;) wonder how long it'll last...and who is it? the blm silence = violence cult? antifa cult? who? what lefty cult?

there's a percentage on the left that's nuts. there's a percentage on the right that's nuts. to think one side is worse than the other is to ignore reality. the anomaly in that equation was trump. and he's out

Last edited:
Do you expect law enforcement to share freely their evidence relating to an ongoing investigation?

You say that no supporting evidence exists. You simply don't know that. It just fits your agenda in your Q world.
You're the one who said it can be verified.

Verify away!

No, they brought nothing like rope at all (according to your rambling).
GettyImages-1294932395-scaled.jpg
Those are plastic ties.

Get your eyes checked.

You seriously ask, "Does evidence of fraud supercede the right to free speech and assembly?"

The correct answer is of course it does.

For example, you and Bernie Madoff have absolutely no right to conduct an investment seminar for the purpose of recruiting and swindling investors and then claim you can't be prosecuted because you are just exercising your "right to free speech and assembly." You've surely seen other similar examples of limitations on free speech throughout your life. This is nothing new -- don't play coy.
You dumbass. An investment seminar isn't free speech.

they weren't at the capitol. that's not where they went. trump told them let's walk to the capitol. so that's where they went. then a few lost their shit and acted impulsively. most took selfies with the cops. then they left and had dinner somewhere. entire thing lasted at best an hour? p.s. the left is back to rioting ;) wonder how long it'll last...and who is it? the blm silence = violence cult? antifa cult? who? what lefty cult?

there's a percentage on the left that's nuts. there's a percentage on the right that's nuts. to think one side is worse than the other is to ignore reality. the anomaly in that equation was trump. and he's out
As I think about "impulse," I say so what.

If someone carried a gun constantly for two weeks without firing it, and then suddenly walked up to a stranger and shot him on "impulse," that's still intentional. I don't see any difference between impulse and intent.

How many people WERE killed ? Mcmurtry claimed 23 and when I asked him for a link he demurred. I'd say that's because he knows that number likely included more protestors than non-protestors. But I don't really know, because as usual, he didn't supply a link for his "facts", just a snarky reply...
OK, you don't know the exact number. I'll repeat the question: How many people have to be killed in the name of 'racial injustices - which is a made-up term for getting played by CNN and MSNBC for political reasons - before you MIGHT just be somewhat critical of their methods?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
As I think about "impulse," I say so what.

If someone carried a gun constantly for two weeks without firing it, and then suddenly walked up to a stranger and shot him on "impulse," that's still intentional. I don't see any difference between impulse and intent.
dude stop. portland and seattle are under fire with lefty riots! i can't tell what lefty cult is behind it. but we've got cops injured. stores destroyed. all the good stuff!!! it's january 22. january 6 is old news...

oh and ps the proud boys HATE trump now. so these lefty cults won't have to worry about much interference as they wreck shit and hurt cops

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
DANC you're impossible when you pop off like that. Commercial speech is in fact protected speech.

Here, be open minded for once and read this:

DANC you're impossible when you pop off like that. Commercial speech is in fact protected speech.

Here, be open minded for once and read this:
Really? Is that why Trump was kicked off Twitter?

You're the one who said it can be verified.

Verify away!
You lie so much that maybe you don't even realize it.

What I said, verbatim: It will be verifiable if his claim is true or not, that "we had been seizing guns all day”

It indeed will be verifiable. We will have a record of police gun confiscations, with time and place. It will be in the public record. To my knowledge we cannot verify it right now, because the evidence is part of an ongoing criminal investigation.

Is truth really THAT hard for you?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
The overwrought mob that stormed the Capital Building never had the slimmest of a chance of actually "overthrowing the government". Anyone who tells you they did is either working for CNN or MSNBC or a fool...

Never thought they had a chance. Doesn't make it not insurrection.

Do we know if the "fools" who invaded the Capitol knew they didn't have a chance? It seems like to me they went in armed for capture or, worse, kill.

The whole "I don't approve, but..." crowd is how we got to this point.

This was planned. It was poorly conceived and even more poorly executed. The Gravy Seals are part of Trump's legacy.

Reactions: cosmickid
Never thought they had a chance. Doesn't make it not insurrection.

Do we know if the "fools" who invaded the Capitol knew they didn't have a chance? It seems like to me they went in armed for capture or, worse, kill.

The whole "I don't approve, but..." crowd is how we got to this point.

This was planned. It was poorly conceived and even more poorly executed. The Gravy Seals are part of Trump's legacy.
you can go to the justice department's website and see exactly what charges are pending against everyone of these individuals. that'll give you an idea of what the gov construed it to be - or just keep on with your feelings....

People like you are a big part of the problem - you’d rather tell stories that suit your narrative than look at the data. There’s a reason Russia, China, Iran FLOOD social media about racism, elections being stolen, guns getting taken away, etc. Because there are goons like you waiting to lap it up, dying for something to be outraged about, desperate for a “cause” to make them feel like they’re fighting the good fight. Is there racism? Absolutely. Is it because there is a system built around it? Ridiculous. There are shitty people out there, & there is plenty of ignorant people out there to gobble up what they’ve been fed. What has changed as a result of the protests & riots? If it’s not been fixed, why did they stop? Why is there so little discussion about it now?

The problem is some of the "shitty people" have authority, and they over steps their bounds, even their duty, without consequence.

What has changed? I'd say a good amount has been changed, including rules of engagement for the police. We'll see if punishments fit the crimes.

"People like you" use statements like "people like you" to pigeonhole anyone who disagrees with you. You can't do that with me, and I don't care to engage with you long enough to help you out. I don't agree with all the motives behind the protests this summer, but as I have noted here, they go way beyond what happened over the summer.

BLM is an established organization protesting for equal protection under the law.
The Gravy Seals have been around for a few months and were protesting a "stolen election".

There is a massive difference between those two ideas, and it's not just in the story telling.

You conveniently forget the continued nightly violence when the BLM folks were not around. Look Sport, violence destruction and murder are violence, destruction and murder. The post Jan 6 response has been appropriate...the post all summer response...not so much.

Bias and selective response has no place. And yet...

I didn't forget about anything. I absolutely noted the rioters.

Reactions: bawlmer
you can go to the justice department's website and see exactly what charges are pending against everyone of these individuals. that'll give you an idea of what the gov construed it to be - or just keep on with your feelings....

Sure, people get charged for what they actually do, or what can be proven they were planning to do. That will play itself out over time. That's why it's called an investigation.

Sure, people get charged for what they actually do, or what can be proven they were planning to do. That will play itself out over time. That's why it's called an investigation.
ahhhhhh otherwise it would be a...................................................rush to judgment?;)

I didn't forget about anything. I absolutely noted the rioters.

Only those that were active during the peaceful protests which are not the ones I was referring to.

Don't be lazy. You are too smart for that...or at least you used to be.

Only those that were active during the peaceful protests which are not the ones I was referring to.

Don't be lazy. You are too smart for that...or at least you used to be.

Three references to rioters.

We're talking about rioters out of the BLM protests. If you have some sort of side issue, start a new topic.

There is a difference between a movement (small percentage of rioters) over equal justice under the law and the Gravy Seals who stormed the Capitol with guns and wrist bindings because they believe a lie the (p)resident and several other GOP legislators and pundits were feeding them.
Sure, just ignore what the two reasons that led to rioting. Rush to judgment? You think it was just about what happened during the summer. Awwww...you're so cute.

And yes, a small percentage, considering how widespread the protests were.
Well, one set of nut jobs was using responding to police violence in real time. During that time, others were using the protests as cover to do damage.

Meanwhile, the other set of nut jobs thinks an election was stolen, and that they're actions could, at worst, over throw our government, at least, kidnap or kill legislators.

There is a difference between a movement (small percentage of rioters) over equal justice under the law and the Gravy Seals who stormed the Capitol with guns and wrist bindings because they believe a lie the (p)resident and several other GOP legislators and pundits were feeding them.
This post Is like watching Bagdad Bob say “Fiery but Peaceful” protests as the country burned and looted for months. Organized protests and looting into the suburbs for months. Siege on federal buildings In Portland while the Autonomous zone thrived and was characterized as a summer of love. The duplicity demonstrated with this post is what led to the VERY unfortunate behavior at at our capital. We need one yardstick, not the one that becomes convenient for you to support your narrative. If you cheered the protests last summer and condemned the DC riots, you are not part of the solution.

Three references to rioters.

We're talking about rioters out of the BLM protests. If you have some sort of side issue, start a new topic.

What a convenient and predictable response as you know damned well I am not talking about the largely peaceful BLM or or Me Too protests.

The only difference between the violent destructive hate-based riots I refer to are the locations and the relative ends of the nutjob spectrum the criminals belong to.

Nice try though.

Here you go Sport, I have stayed on topic as you continue to flounder around here. Perhaps you aren't lazy as much as you have difficulties with reading comprehension? I will allow you to choose.

Gotta love a place where "moderators" are active trolls.

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
Rural Indiana?
Rural?
I live in a city of 100K next to a city of 800K.

If you think the protests last summer were just about what happened last year, you're too prejudiced to be part of this discussion.

Stick to whatever it is your balls stick to.
Why don’t you tell them you live in fking Carmel, Mr Roundabout!

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
We need one yardstick, not the one that becomes convenient for you to support your narrative. If you cheered the protests last summer and condemned the DC riots, you are not part of the solution.

I start with the difference between protest and riot. You seem to start with whether or not you agreed the guiding force behind it.

Now, do you want to compare riots and the basis for acts of violence? That's a discussion. I thought that was THE discussion, not you comparing my post to Baghdad Bob then rebutting against things I didn't say or imply.

Protests are fine. Riots aren't.

One group rioted over equal justice under the law. Most of which weren't protesters.

One group rioted because they've told by their defeated hero an election was stolen. All of whom marched down from listening to their fearless/feckless leader encourage them.

Act like you know the difference between protest and riot. Then you can talk about Baghdad Bob.

I start with the difference between protest and riot. You seem to start with whether or not you agreed the guiding force behind it.

Now, do you want to compare riots and the basis for acts of violence? That's a discussion. I thought that was THE discussion, not you comparing my post to Baghdad Bob then rebutting against things I didn't say or imply.

One group rioted over equal justice under the law. Most of which weren't protesters.

One group rioted because they've told by their defeated hero an election was stolen. All of whom marched down from listening to their fearless/feckless leader encourage them.

Act like you know the difference between protest and riot. Then you can talk about Baghdad Bob.

But we have equal justice under the law. If there is a systemic miscarriage of justice in this country, it is based on wealth not ethnicity.

So what can we do to make poverty stricken communities more prosperous?

It starts by making them safer so people and entities are willing to invest capital in them. That will require more police not less.

The protests last summer were not solutions oriented in any way.

Last edited:

both were based on faulty assumptions. one did hundreds of millions in damage and lasted months and months with double digit deaths and injuries to cops nearing a thousand

But we have equal justice under the law. If there is a systemic miscarriage of justice in this country, it is based on wealth not ethnicity.

So what can we do to make poverty stricken communities safer and more prosperous?

It starts by making them safer so people and entities are willing to invest capital in them. That will require more police not less.

The protests last summer were not solutions oriented in any way.

There is validity to this, as poor people get the shaft on most things, except when it comes to consequences upon police officers for overstepping their authority. Ultimately those decisions aren't up the actual police. That's up to prosecutors, judges and their superiors. In some cases, it's about legislating change in terms of engagement of suspects.

One unintended (I hope) consequence of gentrification of neighborhoods has been the pricing people out of market places. Indianapolis is going through this. As neighborhoods have been revitalized, many (not all) previous tenants no longer can afford to live there. Those who are effectively forced to move have found much fewer options in neighborhoods, which aren't that safe and are now less safe.

Protests last summer were solution oriented, certainly at the top, and some changes have been made.

both were based on faulty assumptions. one did hundreds of millions in damage and lasted months and months with double digit deaths and injuries to cops nearing a thousand

One invaded our nation's Capitol with guns and bindings, intent on confining legislators or worse. Regardless of how ill-conceived and poorly executed the invasion of the Capitol was, it was still an invasion and a coup attempt.

One invaded our nation's Capitol with guns and bindings, intent on confining legislators or worse. Regardless of how ill-conceived and poorly executed the invasion of the Capitol was, it was still an invasion and a coup attempt.
So you didn’t read what they’ve been charged with I see. Not surprising. You have lots of strong feelings. Not much else....

So you didn’t read what they’ve been charged with I see. Not surprising. You have lots of strong feelings. Not much else....

I have no intention of digging that up just for a discussion on a basketball board. LOL

Besides, charges change as an investigation grows, and as I understand it, it takes proof of intent to charge someone with crimes of intent. If it exists that will come later. We may even see some legislators get nabbed over it.

Good lord, even the White House "investigation" of Watergate took two months. We're just 2.5 weeks out.

I have no intention of digging that up just for a discussion on a basketball board. LOL

Besides, charges change as an investigation grows, and as I understand it, it takes proof of intent to charge someone with crimes of intent. If it exists that will come later. We may even see some legislators get nabbed over it.

Good lord, even the White House "investigation" of Watergate took two months. We're just 2.5 weeks out.
The charges are out. It’s largely garden variety trespass and civil disorder. Not sedition/treason. Bc that’s what it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and 76-1
There is validity to this, as poor people get the shaft on most things, except when it comes to consequences upon police officers for overstepping their authority. Ultimately those decisions aren't up the actual police. That's up to prosecutors, judges and their superiors. In some cases, it's about legislating change in terms of engagement of suspects.

One unintended (I hope) consequence of gentrification of neighborhoods has been the pricing people out of market places. Indianapolis is going through this. As neighborhoods have been revitalized, many (not all) previous tenants no longer can afford to live there. Those who are effectively forced to move have found much fewer options in neighborhoods, which aren't that safe and are now less safe.

Protests last summer were solution oriented, certainly at the top, and some changes have been made.

Policing like all professions can be improved and should continually strive to do so. The evidence that their use of force is racially discriminatory is pretty scant, which made the racial implications of the protests a non starter. Add in that they were based on flawed examples like Breonna Taylor and George Floyd and you lose people that might be sympathetic to your cause.

As to gentrification/ revitalization. When those things take hold the majority of people in those communities will be lifted economically. Some will be priced out and I don't think that is necessarily an inherently bad thing. There seems to be a Democratic vision of utopia where all people live in middle class or wealthy communities. Utopia can never be achieved under a capitalist system but capitalism can get us closer than just about any other method.

There will always be those on the lower end of the economic spectrum and we shouldn't try to fight against that reality, it's a path to hell. The best we can do is try to make sure they live without fear of violence and provide equal opportunity for advancement. It often requires generational sacrifice to try and help your kids and grand kids be better off than you were, there is nothing more noble or quintessentially American than that.

The charges are out. It’s garden variety trespass and civil disorder. Not sedition/treason. Bc that’s what it was.
Several charged with conspiracy this week, so it's too early to tell where this may go. There was a mishmash of motives, but it's clear some were looking for members of Congress. And all wanted to put their guy in office rather than the guy who won. I consider that treason, but IANAL.

Several charged with conspiracy this week, so it's too early to tell where this may go. There was a mishmash of motives, but it's clear some were looking for members of Congress. And all wanted to put their guy in office rather than the guy who won. I consider that treason, but IANAL.
There’s fed stats on point for sedition/treason. Personally, and unpopular on this board, I don’t care much about this band of rednecks. I don’t believe for a second this was a coup. There was probably some puffing and getting each other fired up but from the videos I saw of selfies with cops and people looking like they were on a field trip I think the left media over exaggerated it.

I’m more interested in learning what role gov officials played. This Lauren Boebert got her ged last year. I don’t mean to sound elitist but wtf!

Things are moving into new areas, McMurtry. You should start being cautious in use of the monolithic "they."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT