ADVERTISEMENT

I must be getting old because it took me 100 minutes to walk around seven

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
miles this afternoon. I also walked 18 holes Saturday, but I have no idea how many miles I walked yesterday. The reason is that I was all over the course and shot in the 90s.

No offense, but when I googled your pace, a bunch of "fat women can jog too" websites came up.

I wish I could jog. However, I have a knee injury that prevents me from doing so. I'll also be 65 in less than four months.

miles this afternoon. I also walked 18 holes Saturday, but I have no idea how many miles I walked yesterday. The reason is that I was all over the course and shot in the 90s.
Buy a fitbit or track your steps on your phone. My work insurance company reduces my rates if I walk so many steps per year. Great incentive to be active, not that as a Firefighter I need incentive, but it's still a cool perk.

So you can walk 4.25 miles per hour (14 minute miles which adds up to roughly 7 miles in 100 minutes pace) and you can't jog? Most people say between 4 to 5 mph is a light jog. Something isn't adding up here.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Buy a fitbit or track your steps on your phone. My work insurance company reduces my rates if I walk so many steps per year. Great incentive to be active, not that as a Firefighter I need incentive, but it's still a cool perk.

We had a simple pedometer type device 2 years ago. They'd deposit money into your HSA or FSA based on your activity level. Riding a snowmobile from bar to bar while wearing it got a co-worker 19K steps one day. At that point it was on. Wrap it in a sock and throw it in the dryer on the fluff setting for an hour = 8K steps.

We had a simple pedometer type device 2 years ago. They'd deposit money into your HSA or FSA based on your activity level. Riding a snowmobile from bar to bar while wearing it got a co-worker 19K steps one day. At that point it was on. Wrap it in a sock and throw it in the dryer on the fluff setting for an hour = 8K steps.
lol so true!!! One of the firefighters put it on his dog for a day and got 12K steps. There's definitely some interesting ways to cheat the system there.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
So you can walk 4.25 miles per hour (14 minute miles which adds up to roughly 7 miles in 100 minutes pace) and you can't jog? Most people say between 4 to 5 mph is a light jog. Something isn't adding up here.

In 1979, I ran a 5k race in under 20 minutes. If I kept up that pace, I would have run seven miles in about 40 minutes. Surely, I could walk seven miles in 100 minutes. I can play 18 holes by myself in about 140 minutes.

I haven't needed to see a 'Nutt post for 2 years to know things aren't adding up!

Reactions: largemouth
In 1979, I ran a 5k race in under 20 minutes. If I kept up that pace, I would have run seven miles in about 40 minutes. Surely, I could walk seven miles in 100 minutes. I can play 18 holes by myself in about 140 minutes.

But didn't you have your knee injury in 79'?

18 holes in straight lines from tee to green is 7,000 yards, give or take. That's a little less than 4 miles. How bad do you spray it to get 7 miles in during a round?

But didn't you have your knee injury in 79'?[/QUO
18 holes in straight lines from tee to green is 7,000 yards, give or take. That's a little less than 4 miles. How bad do you spray it to get 7 miles in during a round?

You also have to walk from the green to the next tee and walk from the 18th green to the parking lot after the round. In addition to looking for my errant shots, I help my playing partners search for their lost golf balls. I seriously doubt if I walk seven miles while playing 18 holes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT