ADVERTISEMENT

I Love Watching Option Football!

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
(As long as it's being run against anyone but IU;)).

Army just took it 99 yards against "the" ohio $tate...

Now Army won't win unless Ohio State just totally melts down but Army is illustrating my point that you can't relax against an Option team. I guarantee you Georgia Southern has talent equal or better then that of Army...

Reactions: MrBing
Ohio State is fortunate to have so much more talent because they are breaking a cardinal rule in defending against the Option by not stopping the Dive first...

Last edited:
Reactions: crossfire74

Now Army won't win unless Ohio State just totally melts down but Army is illustrating my point that you can't relax against an Option team. I guarantee you Georgia Southern has talent equal or better then that of Army...
I use to really like watching Oklahoma was running the wishbone

Reactions: 76-1

Most years I'd agree with you, but I don't believe that's currently the case and the coaching staff at Army is far superior to that of Georgia Southern.

Most years I'd agree with you, but I don't believe that's currently the case and the coaching staff at Army is far superior to that of Georgia Southern.

My biggest concern is that the current Georgia Southern staff is literally coaching to keep their jobs (and they know it). With the bye week they've just had (yes, they had one scheduled already) they've had time to package a couple of well practiced specials along wth working to fix some problems they've encountered to date.

Like everyone else, I think we "should" win, I just don't believe that it will be as easy as the pregame spread would imply, and I hope our team realizes we could lose this game if they approach it as a walkover...

Well here is hoping my nervous Nelly attitude concerning this game is way off base...:rolleyes:

Those that did not come out to watch ARE run the option missed a real treat. He was as good as anyone with his skills. That was fun to watch.
Here you go, although you might want to turn the sound down if you don't like uncensored rap:

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
The option I loved to watch was Alabama's when it did the counter option. That was when the entire team would start to turn in one direction, but then reversed it and went the other way. The defense could never tell which way the Tide would turn!

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT