ADVERTISEMENT

I like Mike. If you don't, step back and give him a chance and your support.

I don’t think there’s any question that Woodson wasn’t the top choice. If he was this would have been done sooner. I think what this really does is cement the reality of where the IU program is at this point in time. Frustrating as it may be, the national media pegged it pretty well. We probably had no shot at an established, successful head coach at a major program. This is a roll of the dice. Let’s see where it goes. I am an IU fan and will support the program. But was really hoping for a hire that would get everybody fired up.

I will say this.....Dolson has balls. Can you imagine having to fire an IU legend if this doesn’t work out??

Reactions: nes125 and Birnk403
Nba credibility? He was fired twice as a head coach and even fired as an assistant. That's credibility to you?
Frank Vogel got fired. Rick Carlisle got fired. Both then won NBA championships with another team.

I don’t think there’s any question that Woodson wasn’t the top choice. If he was this would have been done sooner. I think what this really does is cement the reality of where the IU program is at this point in time. Frustrating as it may be, the national media pegged it pretty well. We probably had no shot at an established, successful head coach at a major program. This is a roll of the dice. Let’s see where it goes. I am an IU fan and will support the program. But was really hoping for a hire that would get everybody fired up.

I will say this.....Dolson has balls. Can you imagine having to fire an IU legend if this doesn’t work out??
It’s not frustrating to me. I think it is a great hire. Stevens would have been the home run. But I’ll take Woodson over all of the others mentioned.

There’s a pretty good chance the guy everyone on here wanted will be fired from an NBA team at the end of this season.
I know sherlock and I wouldn't base my hiring on his nba record. Seriously, this forum has the same iq level as when peegs was here. I'm going back the football board you guys stay here.

Yeah, we've spent 20 years hiring coaches with impressive records, and what have we got to show for it? Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Woodson combined with Matta is a BOLD move on Dolson"s part. Bravo!

Change your name to sparkyleaves and take a hike.
Southbendjim? Does that reference your reversible jacket? Only people calling this a bold move are the leftovers from the bob knight brigade.

Loved him as a player but just don’t think he’s the answer as a coach but hell what do I know?
Archie needed to go for sure,that situation just never clicked.
Hopefully he can retain a few of the current kids and add some shooting and some height.
Watching the tourney makes you realize just how far behind we are the best teams.
Hoping Woodson can bridge that gap and at least make us competitive.

Prediction after 3 years Woody will retire at the age of 66 with 20 million in his pocket with a sub 500 record and live happily ever after. FUBAR!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT