ADVERTISEMENT

I like Fred Glass.

I love what he's done to upgrade facilities for all sports. The football stadium is something to be proud of now, it's outstanding, and the addition to the iconic Assembly Hall is incredible. Redoing the soccer stadium and golf course were long overdue and he's getting it done. The swimming and diving team are back on top of the Big Ten where they were back in the day, and the soccer team is a national championship contender every year. The baseball team is good every year now rather than an after thought. I also believe that his selection of Allen and Miller to coach the football and basketball teams respectively are extremely solid. I haven't been as optimistic as I am now for either sport for years. The future is so bright I need to wear sunglasses.

This thread will get the trolls all hot and bothered. :)

Are you in my mind? I was at the local Wal-Mart, picking out a kiddie pool, and a nice gentleman struck up a conversation about how good the swimming and diving team is going to be this year. We both agreed, Surfer Fred, is a great A.D. I was going to post it on the swimming forum, but was unable to locate it?

I use to think he was a terrible A.D., but you've changed my mind. Only idiots would expect him to be able to hire coaches who make the NCAA tourney consistently (may god have mercy on the souls of those morons who think IU should be a top 10 program), or a coach who wins a bowl game. Also, I love his strategy of signing coaches to extensions and then firing them. Brilliant! Get their hopes up and then kick them in the balls. What a bada#$!

Also, I can't believe he was able to pry Allen away from Ben Davis. For most high school coaches that is a destination job, but somehow Surfer Fred pulled a rabbit out of a hat with that hire. Don't get me started on Archie. Ok, I can't help myself. Best.Hire.Of.The.Century! #fredf$ckingrocks! When is the last time a mid-major coach didn't turn into the next Coach K or Tony Bennet? Just look at Dayton's previous coach Brian Gregory. He moved on to Georgia Tech and was awesome. I think he made the NIT quarterfinal, once. Speaking of NIT's, Archie has already made one!

Now, I know some of you fans might think, but wait snarlcakes, Archie, is 33-30 and Allen is 10-14, to that I say pish posh. Facts are for losers. What matters is the fairy tales in Aloha Hoosier's head.

Last edited:
Are you in my mind? I was at the local Wal-Mart, picking out a kiddie pool, and a nice gentleman struck up a conversation about how good the swimming and diving team is going to be this year. We both agreed, Surfer Fred, is a great A.D. I was going to post it on the swimming forum, but was unable to locate it?

I use to think he was a terrible A.D., but you've changed my mind. Only idiots would expect him to be able to hire coaches who make the NCAA tourney consistently (may god have mercy on the souls of those morons who think IU should be a top 10 program), or a coach who wins a bowl game. Also, I love his strategy of signing coaches to extensions and then firing them. Brilliant! Get their hopes up and then kick them in the balls. What a bada#$!

Also, I can't believe he was able to pry Allen away from Ben Davis. For most high school coaches that is a destination job, but somehow Surfer Fred pulled a rabbit out of hat with that hire. Don't get me started on Archie. Ok, I can't help myself. Best.Hire.Of.The.Century! #fredf$ckingrocks! When is the last time a mid-major coach didn't turn into the next Coach K or Tony Bennet? Just look at Dayton's previous coach Brian Gregory. He moved on to Georgia Tech and was awesome. I think he made the NIT quarterfinal, once. Speaking of NIT's, Archie has already made one!

Now, I know some of you fans might think, but wait snarlcakes, Archie, is 33-30 and Allen is 10-14, to that I say pish posh. Facts are for losers. What matters is the fairy tales in Aloha Hoosier's head.

Snarlycakes, you're just another punk internet tough guy calling people idiots on here over and over again. You've said before here that you have young kids. What a great example you're setting for your kids the way you carry on here. I think the kiddie pool you say you bought for your kids today at Walmart, you probably really bought for your own use. How much money did you save? You must be a smart shopper?

Snarlycakes, you're just another punk internet tough guy calling people idiots on here over and over again. You've said before here that you have young kids. What a great example you're setting for your kids the way you carry on here. I think the kiddie pool you say you bought for your kids today at Walmart, you probably really bought for your own use. How much money did you save? You must be a smart shopper?

Generally, I refrain from calling anyone names unless they call me names. Let's take for example, you. I don't think I've ever responded to you before and your first post to me is calling me a punk. I don't care if you call me punk or idiot, but save me the righteous indignation if I return the favor.

Also, I've never seen fpeaugh call one person a name and almost every thread he posts in people call him all sorts of names and even tell him to die. Of course you will never chime in then. Why don't you call out those posters and call them punks?

As for my children. I do hope I set an example of the importance of having high standards for things you are passionate about and to speak truthfully if those standards aren't achieved. You might think what has transpired the past 15-20 years is ok, but you can kiss my a@# if you think I am going to agree with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Upset Alert
Generally, I refrain from calling anyone names unless they call me names. Let's take for example, you. I don't think I've ever responded to you before and your first post to me is calling me a punk. I don't care if you call me punk or idiot, but save me the righteous indignation if I return the favor.

Also, I've never seen fpeaugh call one person a name and almost every thread he posts in people call him all sorts of names and even tell him to die. Of course you will never chime in then. Why don't you call out those posters and call them punks?

As for my children. I do hope I set an example of the importance of having high standards for things you are passionate about and to speak truthfully if those standards aren't achieved. You might think what has transpired the past 15-20 years is ok, but you can kiss my a@# if you think I am going to agree with you.

Go back and read your posts. I could give a shit what you think of me. You are the definition of a punk. Sitting at your computer calling people idiots. I could also care less what people call Fpeaugh. It's not my job to defend him. I don't care whether you agree with me or not, you are an ass!

I love what he's done to upgrade facilities for all sports. The football stadium is something to be proud of now, it's outstanding, and the addition to the iconic Assembly Hall is incredible. Redoing the soccer stadium and golf course were long overdue and he's getting it done. The swimming and diving team are back on top of the Big Ten where they were back in the day, and the soccer team is a national championship contender every year. The baseball team is good every year now rather than an after thought. I also believe that his selection of Allen and Miller to coach the football and basketball teams respectively are extremely solid. I haven't been as optimistic as I am now for either sport for years. The future is so bright I need to wear sunglasses.

This should be used in the Fred Glass apologists thread, Mr. McRobbie.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Go back and read your posts. I could give a shit what you think of me. You are the definition of a punk. Sitting at your computer calling people idiots. I could also care less what people call Fpeaugh. It's not my job to defend him. I don't care whether you agree with me or not, you are an ass!

You have been on here a month. You don't have any idea what people have posted towards me. I do think you're somewhat weird, but you could just be having a bad day. I'd give you a big hug if I could. Hopefully, it would make you feel better.

P.S. You're the only one acting like an internet tough guy

This is why some of you are dumber than a bag of hammers - you think salary is the most important thing going. ;) Allen, like Miller, was an up and coming coach. We're lucky to have both.
IF these people had been on a board like this when IU hired Bob Knight they'd have been screaming bloody murder for the AD's head. "Hire some kid from Army? We could have any coach in the country. Fire the AD right now." And they'd have been as wrong then as they are now.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I'll admit I'm a Purdue alum and fan. I know Fred Glass. I'm glad he's not our AD! Nuff said!

You got that right. feepsy is a gentlemanly liar. Lol

Your teaching your kids to post bullshit on the internet every 5 minutes? Cool standards, bro!

Reactions: Rakkasan29

Also, I can't believe he was able to pry Allen away from Ben Davis. For most high school coaches that is a destination job, but somehow Surfer Fred pulled a rabbit out of hat with that hire. Don't get me started on Archie. Ok, I can't help myself. Best.Hire.Of.The.Century! #fredf$ckingrocks! When is the last time a mid-major coach didn't turn into the next Coach K or Tony Bennet? Just look at Dayton's previous coach Brian Gregory. He moved on to Georgia Tech and was awesome. I think he made the NIT quarterfinal, once. Speaking of NIT's, Archie has already made one!

You could have saved yourself a lot of time by posting, “I really enjoy hating IU.”

Reactions: Rakkasan29
IF these people had been on a board like this when IU hired Bob Knight they'd have been screaming bloody murder for the AD's head. "Hire some kid from Army? We could have any coach in the country. Fire the AD right now." And they'd have been as wrong then as they are now.
No they wouldn't he went to the final four his second year. LEarn some history.

You got that right. feepsy is a gentlemanly liar. Lol

Your teaching your kids to post bullshit on the internet every 5 minutes? Cool standards, bro!

I apologize if your feelings are hurt, but Glass and Archie have been terrible at IU. It's called reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
I don't hate IU. I do hate Kentucky fans and Duke fans that live in Indiana.
You post like you hate the IU basketball players and coaches. You post like a person that enjoys it when IU loses. I think you’re probably a PU fan who’s trolling this board.

Reactions: MrBing
You post like you hate the IU basketball players and coaches. You post like a person that enjoys it when IU loses. I think you’re probably a PU fan who’s trolling this board.

No, again. I actually stand up for the players, more than most posters. I didn't advocate one time for running off Green, Smith, or whichever player was the scapegoat, that day, for Archie. I give fella alums (players) the benefit of the doubt and don't think they should be ran off because they aren't playing well. It's another reason why I couldn't stand Crean.

I am highly critical of coaches and the A.D, because they are paid millions (Glass 600kish) of dollars to have a great basketball program. I've also only ever posted that I like Archie. Stating someone isn't good at their job, isn't hating them. I do get annoyed and make fun of maudlin fans.

Don’t hold back, please share with Fred how you really feel.

https://iuhoosiers.com/staff.aspx?staff=1

Sounds like he is doing a great job if you read all that link.

"Fan Experience Glass can often be found attending competitions and interacting with fans in and around the stands. As a result of his relentless focus on improving the game day football experience, football attendance in Glass’ first year as athletic director (2009) increased by 32%, the third largest one year percentage increase in average attendance in the country that year and the highest IU attendance since 1992. This increase has not only been maintained, but increased, over the ensuing eight years. Also focusing on preserving and improving the game atmosphere in Simon-Skjodt Assembly Hall, IU has finished in the top ten nationally in attendance for men’s basketball in each of the last seven years and boasts the nation’s largest student section. In women’s basketball, IU has more than doubled its average home attendance during Glass’ tenure, highlighted by a school-record average of 4,102 during the 2017-18 WNIT Championship season. Indiana’s 165% increase in average attendance at women’s basketball over the last decade is easily the best in the Big Ten, more than double its closest competitor."

This is a nice example of how numbers and statistics can be used to show anything. If 10 people went to football games and 14 went the next year and you only mentioned the 40% increase it can be a bit misleading....lol

Is Tom Crean posting on here now? Another Fred bromance developing. Facilities are nice- last 10 years in hoops and football, not so much.
The podcast interview mentioned that the BB facilities and player amenities at IU were in the stone age before CAM arrived and he has been trying to fix that from day one.

My wife could have done at least as good. She is great at spending money! Anybody can do that. She would probably have done a better job picking coaches though.
She didn't pick a very smart husband, so I'd doubt that.

Also, I can't believe he was able to pry Allen away from Ben Davis. For most high school coaches that is a destination job, but somehow Surfer Fred pulled a rabbit out of a hat with that hire. Don't get me started on Archie. Ok, I can't help myself. Best.Hire.Of.The.Century! #fredf$ckingrocks! When is the last time a mid-major coach didn't turn into the next Coach K or Tony Bennet? Just look at Dayton's previous coach Brian Gregory. He moved on to Georgia Tech and was awesome. I think he made the NIT quarterfinal, once. Speaking of NIT's, Archie has already made one!

You've lost your way . . . I hope your inner GPS clicks on and brings you back home . . . ;)

Reactions: snarlcakes

Hi fred

"As a result of his relentless focus on improving the game day football experience, football attendance in Glass’ first year as athletic director (2009) increased by 32%, the third largest one year percentage increase in average attendance in the country that year and the highest IU attendance since 1992. This increase has not only been maintained, but increased, over the ensuing eight years".

FG learned how to increase IU's football attendance early, and how to further increase it over time.

you take the actual attendance, then inflate that figure by 32%.

then increase the amount you inflate the attendance every yr, to ensure continued growth.

the beauty in having a political operative in charge of athletics.

FG learned how to increase IU's football attendance early, and how to further increase it over time.

you take the actual attendance, then inflate that figure by 32%.

then increase the amount you inflate the attendance every yr, to ensure continued growth.

the beauty in having a political operative in charge of athletics.
There was an article linked a year or so ago - maybe even on this site - about the discrepancy in actual attendance vs. announced attendance in college football. The results showed that butts-in-the -seats were overstated pretty much everywhere. IIRC, PUke was number two on the list of worst liars. Full disclosure, that was before Brohm, but Fred wasn't hedging any more than other programs, including the powers in the SEC.

There was an article linked a year or so ago - maybe even on this site - about the discrepancy in actual attendance vs. announced attendance in college football. The results showed that butts-in-the -seats were overstated pretty much everywhere. IIRC, PUke was number two on the list of worst liars. Full disclosure, that was before Brohm, but Fred wasn't hedging any more than other programs, including the powers in the SEC.

some other schools do hedge the numbers, and like IU, not just a little bit.

that said, seems like FG was a pioneer of the practice, and the first AD at IU i noticed doing it.

if not, he certainly hedges way more.

imo, FG is the 1st IU AD where the reported numbers just don't match the eye test.

Solid post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT