ADVERTISEMENT

I just Spoke With the Capper.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
He is at the Gault House in Louisville, Churchill Opens Thursday. I asked him what he thought of the Indiana Cincinnati game. He said that we have been the worst D1 football team in the history of the sport. He has seen most of the last 56 years and we are never going back to the days of 3 win seasons. He said he would take Indiana and the points at home. He always likes to take points especially at home. He also asked me when was the last time we had a sellout that wasn't Ohio State? Buck up, we got ourselves a football program. The Capper Doesn't work, hangs out at the track and can cash a check in any bar in three states.

He is at the Gault House in Louisville, Churchill Opens Thursday. I asked him what he thought of the Indiana Cincinnati game. He said that we have been the worst D1 football team in the history of the sport. He has seen most of the last 56 years and we are never going back to the days of 3 win seasons. He said he would take Indiana and the points at home. He always likes to take points especially at home. He also asked me when was the last time we had a sellout that wasn't Ohio State? Buck up, we got ourselves a football program. The Capper Doesn't work, hangs out at the track and can cash a check in any bar in three states.

Ordinarily wouldn't ask..., but since this is such a pivotal game for the program going forward...:
Any chance you could ask the Capper to head over to the north side of the river and meet with his contacts at Arnold's on East 8th 🍺 or Club 38 🍹at Belterra Park and get the lowdown on the trainer scuttlebutt concerning the Bearcats new Left Tackle...???

Knowing what kind of "supplements" he's being fed could mean the difference between going at him with a Speed Rush versus a Bull Rush...

As one old River Downs man to another, tell him I promise to keep whatever is found out just between us 😉...

Forget the points, we Need the W... 😉😎🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockport Zebra
Good to see Capper again. He usually makes good calls. The Iowa loss does not look so bad after they beat a good Iowa State team last Saturday. But something is wrong with Indiana's offense. I doubt 3 points is enough. I hope I am wrong but take Cincy and give the points.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Ordinarily wouldn't ask..., but since this is such a pivotal game for the program going forward...:
Any chance you could ask the Capper to head over to the north side of the river and meet with his contacts at Arnold's on East 8th 🍺 or Club 38 🍹at Belterra Park and get the lowdown on the trainer scuttlebutt concerning the Bearcats new Left Tackle...???

Knowing what kind of "supplements" he's being feed could mean the difference between going at him with a Speed Rush versus a Bull Rush...

As one old River Downs man to another, tell him I promise to keep whatever is found out just between us 😉...

Forget the points, we Need the W... 😉😎🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

The Capper needed a late-night (0130 hours) Skyline hit. So, the Clifton (UC area) Skyline it was. Had to bring a bottle of Buffalo Trace Straight. Said to take IU and the Bengals as all the bears (Bears and Bearcats) are in for a rough weekend around the country this weekend.

"Dalton will seize up playing his old team and Justin Fields is not ready, like other OSU QBs. "Forget the 'Cats; they're still blinded by unfounded giddiness brought about by being "accepted" by the Big 12, another conference they'll ruin."

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
I believe in the Bell Curve.

2% of football players are elite. That's not enough for AAC teams to get many. IU has gotten more than ever before. I watched the Cincy QB play in high school. Nobody wanted him. Cincy media touts may be built on shifting sand.

The Iowa "debacle? Lost to a Top 5 team on the road in a season opener, first-post-Covid game first-post-Penix-knee, working in some newbies and Portal guys, etc. Like a bad horse race, you can throw one out. Idaho? We took them out in 3 possessions. But ... one was an 18 play drive. Should we need 18? Would need to ask Sheridan in private, but I think were banging the ground game with a first-time-set OL, still working I. the RB's.

Take the 4. Yell like hell. Beat Cincy outright. Buy a hot dog with the winnings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT