ADVERTISEMENT

I just spoke with the Capper.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
He is in Lexington hanging out at the track. I asked him what he thought about Indiana being favored at Maryland. Without hesitation he stated that we are in a position to go 5 and 2 and after 54 years of being a fan from the Knot Hole Gang for 1 dollar a game we have seldom be in this position. He then looked away and quoted Odd Ball, " have a little faith baby". The Capper doesn't work, hangs out at the track and can cash a check in any bar in three states.

He is in Lexington hanging out at the track. I asked him what he thought about Indiana being favored at Maryland. Without hesitation he stated that we are in a position to go 5 and 2 and after 54 years of being a fan from the Knot Hole Gang for 1 dollar a game we have seldom be in this position. He then looked away and quoted Odd Ball, " have a little faith baby". The Capper doesn't work, hangs out at the track and can cash a check in any bar in three states.

I’m liking the Capper

Reactions: vesuvius13

The Capper has fallen off the wagon again. Sorry to see him drinking after his progress.

The Capper knows Vegas has only been wrong a couple times in B10 games this year - one of those times being favoring MD at Purdue last week. They won't make that mistake again.

Reactions: vesuvius13
knothole gang salutes the capper’s 54 year membership in our section!!

I first attended the knothole bleachers in ‘73 during the early Corso years

go Cappsr!
That was my first time as well. Our YMCA football league brought players up to watch IU. I believe the opponent was NW. We sat in those endzone bleacher seats. I'll never forget my first view of Memorial stadium as a 3rd grader taking my first road trip without my parents. I also remember Quinn Buckner playing that day.

That was my first time as well. Our YMCA football league brought players up to watch IU. I believe the opponent was NW. We sat in those endzone bleacher seats. I'll never forget my first view of Memorial stadium as a 3rd grader taking my first road trip without my parents. I also remember Quinn Buckner playing that day.
Tell the truth, now -- did you watch the game, or play on the hill with all the other kids?

Tell the truth, now -- did you watch the game, or play on the hill with all the other kids?

For me - it was both.

the cheerleaders would throw those little plastic/rubber footballs into the stands and we’d scramble for them. If successful, we’d then mimic our hero’s on the big hill behind the bleachers.

Great memories. Lucky days.

Hooked me as a fan for life.

For me - it was both.

the cheerleaders would throw those little plastic/rubber footballs into the stands and we’d scramble for them. If successful, we’d then mimic our hero’s on the big hill behind the bleachers.

Great memories. Lucky days.

Hooked me as a fan for life.
As a kid, I was in the knothole section a handful of times. I always tried to get right in the middle upper rows directly behind the goalpost. Always ready for the extra point kicks to come my way. There wasn't proper netting in those days and I got lucky and caught a few kicks, but of course had to throw the ball back, unlike baseball.

As a kid, I was in the knothole section a handful of times. I always tried to get right in the middle upper rows directly behind the goalpost. Always ready for the extra point kicks to come my way. There wasn't proper netting in those days and I got lucky and caught a few kicks, but of course had to throw the ball back, unlike baseball.
Yeah, I remember some of the kids trying to keep the ball but some big burly manager would go up in the bleachers and take it away. Booing ensued...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT