ADVERTISEMENT

I just spoke with the Capper.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
He was damn near despondent. I asked him what the thought about Indiana -10.5. He paused for a very long time and said, "I have been a Indiana fan for 53 years, if you think I am going to lay 10.5 on the road in Florida you are nuts". If this is our break through season then there will be several Saturdays where we can make some money but this week isn't one of them. Pass. The Capper doesn't work, hangs out at the track and can cash a heck in any bar in three states.

He was damn near despondent. I asked him what the thought about Indiana -10.5. He paused for a very long time and said, "I have been a Indiana fan for 53 years, if you think I am going to lay 10.5 on the road in Florida you are nuts". If this is our break through season then there will be several Saturdays where we can make some money but this week isn't one of them. Pass. The Capper doesn't work, hangs out at the track and can cash a heck in any bar in three states.

This may be a good sign, though. The Capper has not had his finger on the pulse of the team for quite a while and had some predictions go sideways last year. This could be reverse mojo working here. How much money does the Capper owe to the mob?

This may be a good sign, though. The Capper has not had his finger on the pulse of the team for quite a while and had some predictions go sideways last year. This could be reverse mojo working here. How much money does the Capper owe to the mob?

Enough that I've heard (from 7 sources) that he's gone incognito..., posing as a former football ref...

Things are difficult right now for the Capper. My bet is that he makes all his losses back when we play M$U...;)

Reactions: vesuvius13

I feel relatively good about a W, but a first game is never much of a known quantity.

Add in a roadie and it’s one to just watch.

I sure do want to see an IU machine hitting on all 4 cylinders.

I eagerly anticipate the Capper's insights each year.

I believe we will win the game and certainly COULD cover the spread, but I'm not willing to put money on that proposition.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
It is now OFFICIALLY IU football season! See you before the UVA game I hope!

Reactions: 76-1
I heard the Capper was dead or in jail for passing bad checks.

Reactions: 76-1
Rumor has it that this is a depiction of the first horse race the Capper ever saw

images

At the Rockport Fairgrounds track.

598d46f7d505a884abb1d4431d8f766f.jpg

Just remember that the Capper is a Pooka. He is Harvey the rabbit, only existing the Zebra's mind. If you want to place a c note on Indiana playing a road game against a Florida team have at it. I started this theater years ago advising posters not to bet. It has grown into sage gambling advice. Gambling is ugly. It is hard to be the Capper if you take his advice seriously. The Capper doesn't work, hangs out at the track and can cash a check in any bar in three states. He told me he could envision a day when you could bet on games at the stadium.

Just remember that the Capper is a Pooka. He is Harvey the rabbit, only existing the Zebra's mind. If you want to place a c note on Indiana playing a road game against a Florida team have at it. I started this theater years ago advising posters not to bet. It has grown into sage gambling advice. Gambling is ugly. It is hard to be the Capper if you take his advice seriously. The Capper doesn't work, hangs out at the track and can cash a check in any bar in three states. He told me he could envision a day when you could bet on games at the stadium.

Now you've broken my heart... First went Santa Claus..., then the Easter Bunny... Now the Capper too!!!
:confused::confused::confused:

Now I'm despondent!

Only a Win will be able to cheer me up..,

The Cappers not real... To think I've wasted close to 12 years searching the Louisville Lounges for the fabled bookie so I could get some inside info...:confused::( :D;):D

Well, Zebra, with the loosened gambling rules, you and the Capper have to be careful with the gambling advice...lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT