ADVERTISEMENT

I just noticed something... but I'm to lazy to backcheck the past...

Tscurlo

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
tournaments. Did anybody notice that the committee seems to put....
Kansas, Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky in different regions every year?

At least this year.... they put Kansas and Duke in the same region.

I know that any team can be beat on any given game... but it's like they
organize it to protect the Blue Bloods from the beginning... so they don't
have to meet until the end of the tourney.

With the Seeding Numbers so varied this year.... you would thought that
these fours teams would have been playing each other pretty early in the
tournament.

tournaments. Did anybody notice that the committee seems to put....
Kansas, Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky in different regions every year?

At least this year.... they put Kansas and Duke in the same region.

I know that any team can be beat on any given game... but it's like they
organize it to protect the Blue Bloods from the beginning... so they don't
have to meet until the end of the tourney.

With the Seeding Numbers so varied this year.... you would thought that
these fours teams would have been playing each other pretty early in the
tournament.
A couple of years ago they had UK and UNC in the same region but we beat UK so they did not get to play in the sweet 16.

A couple of years ago they had UK and UNC in the same region but we beat UK so they did not get to play in the sweet 16.

Yep.... I went back and looked at the 2017, 2016 and 2015 brackets and they did have them placed in some of the brackets. So it's not all the time, but there was one year where UNC was a 1 seed and Duke was a 2 seed... and they didn't put them on the same side of the bracket. I guess that could go back to the rule of trying to separate the conference teams.

Geezzzzz..... Kentucky is now the Highest Seeded team (#5) in the South Region.

Talking about catching the breaks!!!!

Not meaning to disrespect all the teams that won to get to where they are at.

Reactions: nafdu1984

I know. Couldn’t draw it up any easier for them. And they seem to really be clicking right now. I don’t see any way they’re not in the FF again.

Who would you rather play UK? UMBC or Kansas St coaches by our favorite coach Bruce Webber. Please dear baby Jesus, have the Wildcats lose please.

What I can say for sure is that we will probably see IU against Georgia sometime if Cream gets that program going. And the winner will face Kentucky.

You may be too young to remember but a similar thing happened to IU in ‘81. All the other top team lost coming in and we played St Joseph and Boston College. Made for a pretty easy road into the final four.

You may be too young to remember but a similar thing happened to IU in ‘81. All the other top team lost coming in and we played St Joseph and Boston College. Made for a pretty easy road into the final four.
UAB, not BC. Playing at AH didn't hurt either.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
UAB, not BC. Playing at AH didn't hurt either.
That's right. St. Joseph beat Boston College to get to the final game of the regional against Indiana that year. Old age memory fails me.

I was at those games and I remembered Dr. Tom Davis coaching the BC team against SJ, which is why I thought it was against IU. He went on to coach many years at Iowa. Anyway, with those games at IU it was a pretty easy cake walk into the final four.

Look how happy you are.
Not happy. Now I have to listen to employees and clients who are UK fans brag about it for at least another week. Probably longer.

No one hates UK more than I do, but I do really respect Cal for how good of a coach he is. Always has his team ready come tournament time.

That's right. St. Joseph beat Boston College to get to the final game of the regional against Indiana that year. Old age memory fails me.

I was at those games and I remembered Dr. Tom Davis coaching the BC team against SJ, which is why I thought it was against IU. He went on to coach many years at Iowa. Anyway, with those games at IU it was a pretty easy cake walk into the final four.
He still lives in Iowa City. Great guy.

Not happy. Now I have to listen to employees and clients who are UK fans brag about it for at least another week. Probably longer.

No one hates UK more than I do, but I do really respect Cal for how good of a coach he is. Always has his team ready come tournament time.

Sure thing, Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT