ADVERTISEMENT

I just looked at the schedule, 15-15 is a possibility

ufo33

Hall of Famer
Jul 7, 2005
3 more wins on the schedule?
BTT could determine NIT bid?
I just dont see any wins on the road in the B1G with the current shooting last night.
Which team is 2020 IU?
Wins vs Ohio State and Florida State at home?
or
Losses vs Rutgers, Wisconsin?

I just dont see any wins on the road in the B1G with the current shooting last night.
Which team is 2020 IU?
or
We won't shoot 11% from 3 in every road game. If we can handle OSU at home, we can handle anyone at home.

But it will take a transcendent performance for IU to win a road game other than Nebraska. We occasionally drop one of those, like Smith last year in Breslin. Last night, obviously, was not our night.

It's a shame, because we played a decent defensive game. If we just shoot an average percentage from 3 we coulda snuck out with a win. But, it wasn't there--and we couldn't draw fouls either. The refs won't let RU play D like that in Assembly.

The BIG road games this year have been brutal. Seems like worse than normal--but I probably feel like that every year the Hoosiers are middling in conference.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
Which team is 2020 IU?
or

What an overreaction.

Every single one of IU's 4 losses have come against current NET Top 25 teams. It's every bit as likely that we win 8 or 9 more games than it is 3. Personally I see 7 more wins, but that's just me.

We won't shoot 11% from 3 in every road game. If we can handle OSU at home, we can handle anyone at home.

But it will take a transcendent performance for IU to win a road game other than Nebraska. We occasionally drop one of those, like Smith last year in Breslin. Last night, obviously, was not our night.

It's a shame, because we played a decent defensive game. If we just shoot an average percentage from 3 we coulda snuck out with a win. But, it wasn't there--and we couldn't draw fouls either. The refs won't let RU play D like that in Assembly.

The BIG road games this year have been brutal. Seems like worse than normal--but I probably feel like that every year the Hoosiers are middling in conference.
We shot 22% at maryland so not a whole lot better. Nebraska is our best and maybe only good shot at a road win.

This post could have been written by a fan of any B10 program (about their team).

Any team can win a game by 30, or lose one by 30.

From espn Link at bottom):
"the Big Ten could end the season with a number of NCAA tournament teams sporting .500 records in league play. Teams not named Nebraska or Northwestern entered the weekend with just 10 home losses combined, but Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota and Indiana had all failed to win a road game. Whether the Big Ten's chaos is a sign of its depth or proof of a lackluster talent pool, it's obvious we won't know much about the final pecking order for weeks."

There isn't a single B10 team that strikes me as being a great team. The league could have a crazy number of bids, but perhaps the highest seed could be a 4 seed. Who knows. There isn't a ton of difference b/t a team that's 15th or 40th.

There was a Bilas story that I posted a couple of weeks ago and he made two main points:
1. Talent across CBB was way down
2. Officiating was a huge problem.

Those 2 factors are certainly playing out now. The officiating in the B10 is a joke. I am not sure if we will see everyone bunched in the league, or if a few teams will get separation by winning on the road. All I know is so far, everyone has looked bad on the road.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...ons-top-conferences-college-basketball#BigTen

We shot 22% at maryland so not a whole lot better. Nebraska is our best and maybe only good shot at a road win.
I agree that Nebraska is our best shot. We don't go to Northwestern this year, which is bad luck.

The middle ten BIG teams are going to be road dogs everywhere but Evanston and Lincoln this year. And even those games won't be walkovers. Last year the BIG was insanely deep. There were 8 tourney teams plus a team in the first four out. This year the league is even deeper. 12 teams are in the top 40 on kenpom.

We will probably win some road game we shouldn't either because Green or someone else goes nuts. Hopefully we don't lose a home game for the same reason. We will see.

Which team is 2020 IU?
or

you mean projected 9-seed Rutgers and projected 7-seed Wisconsin? but i get it. we are a wildly flawed team.

I agree that Nebraska is our best shot. We don't go to Northwestern this year, which is bad luck.

The middle ten BIG teams are going to be road dogs everywhere but Evanston and Lincoln this year. And even those games won't be walkovers. Last year the BIG was insanely deep. There were 8 tourney teams plus a team in the first four out. This year the league is even deeper. 12 teams are in the top 40 on kenpom.

We will probably win some road game we shouldn't either because Green or someone else goes nuts. Hopefully we don't lose a home game for the same reason. We will see.
I disagree. Nebraska is our only shot at a road win imo.

Thinking this team will start shooting well is like thinking Crean's teams would get better at defense, aint' happening.

So is 27-5, do you think that'll happen? Rutgers and Wisconsin (like 11 teams in the B10) are top 40 teams nationally. When did our fanbase quit paying attention to college basketball and switch to the NBA mentality?

Which team is 2020 IU?
or

Thinking this team will start shooting well is like thinking Crean's teams would get better at defense, aint' happening.

this team will never shoot well but it can shoot well enough to win. We’ll see if Archie can get enough out of them and then really fix that next year. But of course you knew all of this and just like to post the same dumbshit things over and over again because you are a gigantic douche. Keep up the great, if lonely, work!

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Which team is 2020 IU?
or

3 more wins gets us to 16.

We better win at least 5 more so I can get paid.

this team will never shoot well but it can shoot well enough to win. We’ll see if Archie can get enough out of them and then really fix that next year. But of course you knew all of this and just like to post the same dumbshit things over and over again because you are a gigantic douche. Keep up the great, if lonely, work!
Did I say they couldn’t win? No I said they won’t ever shoot well. Archie won (a little bit) at Dayton but never had a team shoot great.

Did I say they couldn’t win? No I said they won’t ever shoot well. Archie won (a little bit) at Dayton but never had a team shoot great.

what did his teams "shoot" at Dayton? Or are you confusing that with offense efficiency/ rankings? while i'm pretending you are a human being, i have another question. what's it like to be a pariah even among the folks who have moved on completely from Archie? follow-up: who hurt you?

You I have said this more than once but it's just not true. His teams were decent shooting teams at Dayton. You're talking out of your ass.

His last four teams at UD, who all made the tournament, were ranked 54th,116th, 182nd, and 38th in 3 pt% . So in their their worst year they were about middle of the pack, and their best year in the top 10% of all college teams. Nothing like the horrendous shooting since he's been at IU.

Last edited:
You I have said this more than once but it's just not true. His teams were decent shooting teams at Dayton. You're talking out of your ass.

His last four teams at UD, who all made the tournament, were ranked 54th,116th, 182nd, and 38th in 3 pt% . So in their their worst year they were about middle of the pack, and their best year in the top 15% of all college teams. Nothing like the horrendous shooting since he's been at IU.
That’s not good that’s average at best thanks for playing

2013-14 better than 85% of teams from 3pt.
2014-15 better than 67% of teams from 3pt.
2015-16 better than 49% of teams from 3pt.
2016-17 better than 90% of teams from 3pt.

One of those years was average the other three were well above average. I do not think that word means what you think it means.
Go back to math class.
Thanks for playing.

Last edited:
Which team is 2020 IU?
or
lol ..

so is 14 and 16 .. and 13 and 17 .. and even 12 and 18 .. and so is 17 -13 .. and even 26 and 4.. or maybe 4 and 26..

so many possibilities ..

Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT