ADVERTISEMENT

I hope that Coach can hold this staff together...*

DeBoer and Ballou/Rhea are the main three I'm worried about.

Anyone else would hurt but they'd be replaceable, and with the early signing period it shouldn't kill recruiting.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I think Allen should bring in some new secondary coaches. Both the safeties and corners looked like they were not well coached. Taking bad angles, grabbing at receivers causing PI, not looking back for the ball.

Would also hate to lose Hart, and we almost did to ND last year.

Agree think he is a great recruiting asset as well.

I also like the TE coach. Formerly QB coach, think he’s smart, relates well to players and can also recruit.

Inge seems like a great recruiter. Any way he’d move to that role 100%?

Just my recommendation...I would recommend a in depth review on the defensive side of ball. This should include scheme, coaching & players.

My impression is that we have a better quality of player than we had 4-5 years ago. Therefore, the answer may be scheme . Have BIG OC's figured out CTA's defensive system to the point they can exploit it or is it the level of coaching. A lot of bad angles taken by LB's and especially our safeties. A lot of self scouting is in order during the off-season. We will need a better level of play from our defense next year in order to build upon current season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT