ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Romeo enjoyed himself

I think Green will transfer as well and being at the game against NW he played horrible. He took some very bad shots and was careless with the ball.
I noticed one point in second half when he made a bad pass that lead to a turnover he was taken out. Miller was saying something to him as he walked to the bench. Green tried to walk around him and Miller stepped into his path blocking his way to have him listen to him. Seemed obvious that Green wasn't going to stop and listen on his own.

I noticed one point in second half when he made a bad pass that lead to a turnover he was taken out. Miller was saying something to him as he walked to the bench. Green tried to walk around him and Miller stepped into his path blocking his way to have him listen to him. Seemed obvious that Green wasn't going to stop and listen on his own.
I noticed that as well. Archie was putting his finger in Devonte's chest and Devonte was tuning him out. Friend with me predicted that he won't be around next year. I do not necessarily agree with that but time will tell. Archie seems to be trying to break him down to build back up with better habits. Hope he succeeds.

Replacing Newkirk and Johnson with Romeo and Phinisee is like me trading in my wife for Rachel McAdams or Katheryn Winnick. My wife is a babe but........
She could question your character but sure couldn't question your taste.

I noticed that as well. Archie was putting his finger in Devonte's chest and Devonte was tuning him out. Friend with me predicted that he won't be around next year. I do not necessarily agree with that but time will tell. Archie seems to be trying to break him down to build back up with better habits. Hope he succeeds.

I hope he does as well. DG was a favorite for me day one. I really like his defensive footwork at this stage and he has very quick hands. Clearly needs a lot of work on his shot and his at-speed decision making.

Reactions: eddy4iu
I noticed that as well. Archie was putting his finger in Devonte's chest and Devonte was tuning him out. Friend with me predicted that he won't be around next year.
I hope he does as well. DG was a favorite for me day one. I really like his defensive footwork at this stage and he has very quick hands. Clearly needs a lot of work on his shot and his at-speed decision making.
Dunno if this applies, but I do recall that RMK would be the hardest on the players he thought had the most potential. They keep talking about how DG is their best practice player, and so maybe CAM knows what he's capable of and is demanding that from him.

Reactions: IUgradman
Dunno if this applies, but I do recall that RMK would be the hardest on the players he thought had the most potential. They keep talking about how DG is their best practice player, and so maybe CAM knows what he's capable of and is demanding that from him.
could you have imagined how Knight would have reacted if one of his players tried to side step him?

I'm interested in two things: 1) Is Archie confident enough in Phinisee to name him the starting point guard next season? 2) If the answer to #1 is no, I'd wonder what the grad transfer market for point guards will look like after the season.

I'm interested in two things: 1) Is Archie confident enough in Phinisee to name him the starting point guard next season? 2) If the answer to #1 is no, I'd wonder what the grad transfer market for point guards will look like after the season.
I think a lot of that has to do with what Romeo does. I have a bad feeling about where he is headed but with Romeo in the back court too it would mean one less scholarship to hand out. Plus Romeo can handle the ball well too.

Watch yesterday's game again. He has without a doubt bought in on D. CAM seems to disagree with on him quite a bit. Yes, he still makes some wild plays and takes some bad shots, but that takes breaking habits....and to be honest, what players on this team can hit those shots? His only problem is learning to play within himself, and as coach has said, working some of the "playground" out of his game (even coach doesn't want him to lose all of that). If you think he is gonna be pushed out, you really haven't paid attention to Archie or the types of players he has worked with. Again, glad you aren't the coach...and pushing players out the door has worked great for us. Let's be honest, unless there is a really good grad transfer or recommit Archie was already recruiting, that last schollie will be Romeo or McRoberts and Green leaving would mean McRoberts probably would get it. Green isn't going anywhere unless he thinks he won't be playing, and he will get better.
I commented to my wife about Greens body language trying to push past coach when coming out of the game. Archie put up his arm to stop Green and gave him an earful of...something. Then he was dismissed to sit down. Nope, things could be better.

ADVERTISEMENT