ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Romeo enjoyed himself

I did forget about him, but I just never try to expect too much from freshmen bigs. Would be great if he could contribute.
We will need guards badly. JOHNSON and newkirk is the only two that can score and get their own shot off. Green is terrible and dont look for him to be back.

Reactions: kkott and IUgradman
Yeah I’m just not sure that I believe that. If he was announcing that soon then it would be out all over the place by now. Also if true then doesn’t sound good that he made that decision before deciding to come to IU tonight? Or maybe he was coming to get reassurance? Who knows. We can all wish.

Reactions: IUgradman
I'm excited for Romeo and his family if he is announcing...regardless of
Yeah I’m just not sure that I believe that. If he was announcing that soon then it would be out all over the place by now. Also if true then doesn’t sound good that he made that decision before deciding to come to IU tonight? Or maybe he was coming to get reassurance? Who knows. We can all wish.

Or maybe he was coming to enjoy a basketball game in Assembly Hall.

If he announces this week then I'll be pulling for IU. God bless Romeo and his family.

Go Dawgs! Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: cryano
Replacing Newkirk and Johnson with Romeo and Phinisee is like me trading in my wife for Rachel McAdams or Katheryn Winnick. My wife is a babe but........

Phinesse and Romeo would fix that.

Don't like counting on a freshman PG. I think we can get by with our frontcourt but a solid 5th year grad transfer that can run a team at the college level and make an open shot I think is our greatest need. Allow Phinisee some time to develop and a little protection if we have an injury. Roster depth... what a concept!

Reactions: BigMobe
Don't like counting on a freshman PG. I think we can get by with our frontcourt but a solid 5th year grad transfer that can run a team at the college level and make an open shot I think is our greatest need. Allow Phinisee some time to develop and a little protection if we have an injury. Roster depth... what a concept!
RP will run the point from day one.

Reactions: echs86
This is not true.

This reminds me of the Zeller recruitment. The "experts" outside of Washington, Indiana were always saying stuff different then the people around the Washington basketball program.

Do I think Langford announces this weekend? No.

Do I think IU is in VERY good shape? Yes.

Again, not saying its IU, but if you don't think IU is in serious contention for Langford and he is just listing IU to be "nice".....you are wrong.

This reminds me of the Zeller recruitment. The "experts" outside of Washington, Indiana were always saying stuff different then the people around the Washington basketball program.

Again, not saying its IU, but if you don't think IU is in serious contention for Langford and he is just listing IU to be "nice".....you are wrong.
Not to mention that he drove the 1hr40min to come up and watch the game...seems silly if he had no interest

Pretty remarkable intellectual leap you just made.

I was simply saying he won't be announcing on Friday.

We will need guards badly. JOHNSON and newkirk is the only two that can score and get their own shot off. Green is terrible and dont look for him to be back.
Glad you aren't the coach. Green has more potential than any other guard on the team and is a sophomore.....a full off-season in the system should help him immensely.

Glad you aren't the coach. Green has more potential than any other guard on the team and is a sophomore.....a full off-season in the system should help him immensely.

Very low b-ball IQ. This probably isn't the best system for him.

Green hasn’t bought in..I doubt he is here next year
Watch yesterday's game again. He has without a doubt bought in on D. CAM seems to disagree with on him quite a bit. Yes, he still makes some wild plays and takes some bad shots, but that takes breaking habits....and to be honest, what players on this team can hit those shots? His only problem is learning to play within himself, and as coach has said, working some of the "playground" out of his game (even coach doesn't want him to lose all of that). If you think he is gonna be pushed out, you really haven't paid attention to Archie or the types of players he has worked with. Again, glad you aren't the coach...and pushing players out the door has worked great for us. Let's be honest, unless there is a really good grad transfer or recommit Archie was already recruiting, that last schollie will be Romeo or McRoberts and Green leaving would mean McRoberts probably would get it. Green isn't going anywhere unless he thinks he won't be playing, and he will get better.

Watch yesterday's game again. He has without a doubt bought in on D. CAM seems to disagree with on him quite a bit. Yes, he still makes some wild plays and takes some bad shots, but that takes breaking habits....and to be honest, what players on this team can hit those shots? His only problem is learning to play within himself, and as coach has said, working some of the "playground" out of his game (even coach doesn't want him to lose all of that). If you think he is gonna be pushed out, you really haven't paid attention to Archie or the types of players he has worked with. Again, glad you aren't the coach...and pushing players out the door has worked great for us. Let's be honest, unless there is a really good grad transfer or recommit Archie was already recruiting, that last schollie will be Romeo or McRoberts and Green leaving would mean McRoberts probably would get it. Green isn't going anywhere unless he thinks he won't be playing, and he will get better.
Ok. We will see. You could be right but I don’t think so.

I don't know if you just don't like the kid or what, but Green has made massive strides since last year (with the only regression being in shooting). Ya, he makes mistakes, but he is a Sophomore who played in an extremely undisciplined system. If you don't see the progress he has made, you aren't watching. I guess I don't know behind the scenes stuff, but listen to the coach's show and you will see Miller loves the kid's potential and work ethic.

I don't know if you just don't like the kid or what, but Green has made massive strides since last year (with the only regression being in shooting). Ya, he makes mistakes, but he is a Sophomore who played in an extremely undisciplined system. If you don't see the progress he has made, you aren't watching. I guess I don't know behind the scenes stuff, but listen to the coach's show and you will see Miller loves the kid's potential and work ethic.

I think the question with Green is will the freshman pass him up next year?

Just heard some things that lead me to believe it will happen. Attitude and things like that the casual fan isn’t privy to

Reactions: IUgradman
Miller has mentioned on more than one occasion that he like Green's game, and sometimes you have to turn him loose to do what he does best. He wants Devonte to show better judgment at times. Such as, not coming right off the bench and jacking a three with no ball movement or after 4-5 seconds of dribbling. I think Green fits with what CAM wants to build with the kids coming back. We heard for three years that Watford was transferring and never left. If Green leaves, it will be, in my opinion, too bad for us.

I think Green will transfer as well and being at the game against NW he played horrible. He took some very bad shots and was careless with the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT