ADVERTISEMENT

I hope IU wears chrome helmets tomorrow....

Have we seen the chrome hats at all this year? (Excuse this reply if they wore them this year)
I remember something about IU and special safety helmets at the beginning of the year. The chrome helmets might not be an option

Have we seen the chrome hats at all this year? (Excuse this reply if they wore them this year)
I remember something about IU and special safety helmets at the beginning of the year. The chrome helmets might not be an option
Don't think we've worn them this year.

Reactions: BayernFan

No they haven't worn them and I'm guessing its because of the new helmets.

I love Oregon’s uniforms in all sports and their endless combinations...I think kids love seeing all that.

Tonights are ugly as hell...looks like an armed forces team.

Coach Allen shut down the chrome helmet questions early in the season, "Our colors are Cream and Crimson" end of story. I do not expect to see the chrome helmets today. That said, I liked the chrome helmets too.

I believe this is the second year for the "new" helmets which are supposed to be tailor made for each player's safety. Each player has a crimson and a white helmet. My understanding is the chrome helmets are, at least unofficially, retired.

I, for one, can't stand chrome. But a friend of my brother-in-law played at IU and spent a few years as a GA at some other P5 schools and said that it's sad how much recruiting is done based on silly things like how cool uniforms look or which brand they are. Makes zero sense to me, but #KidsTheseDays.

My favorite helmet the last few years is the one that uses the Indiana flag emblem and wish they'd make a comeback. I prefer it in white w/ the red emblem. But I didn't care for the broad red center stripe when they did that.

IUlibertyhelmet.jpg
6dfc5aa9b607fc40f7954290b362024c_crop_north.jpg

Like minny is today and UK did yesterday.

That would be cool for a national audience to see.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hated that helmet - especially the white one. Nobody outside of Indiana knows that design is from the state flag, and who cares about the state flag anyway?

Go with the IU brand - the interlock. Block I as an occasional alternate.

I, for one, can't stand chrome. But a friend of my brother-in-law played at IU and spent a few years as a GA at some other P5 schools and said that it's sad how much recruiting is done based on silly things like how cool uniforms look or which brand they are. Makes zero sense to me, but #KidsTheseDays.

My favorite helmet the last few years is the one that uses the Indiana flag emblem and wish they'd make a comeback. I prefer it in white w/ the red emblem. But I didn't care for the broad red center stripe when they did that.

IUlibertyhelmet.jpg
6dfc5aa9b607fc40f7954290b362024c_crop_north.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT