ADVERTISEMENT

I have this bet

Tegray1

Senior
Sep 18, 2015
During our great losing streak this year I bet another alum whether that Tom Allen gets 6th win before Archie gets in the NCAA tournament at IU. He was excited because he thought we would beat OSU and get in the NCAA. He isn't a Tom Allen guy. What do you think?

During our great losing streak this year I bet another alum whether that Tom Allen gets 6th win before Archie gets in the NCAA tournament at IU. He was excited because he thought we would beat OSU and get in the NCAA. He isn't a Tom Allen guy. What do you think?
I think you have 2 more seasons to try it

Tough call. They’ve put as many cupcake games on the football schedule as they can. However , I think they will squeak out a 6th win this year. And I’m going to be optimistic that Archie pulls off a good season and goes to the tournament as well. A tie unless you’re friend gets technical about the date.

Reactions: Indianaftw
Tom Allen wins if he gets there first.

Tough call. They’ve put as many cupcake games on the football schedule as they can. However , I think they will squeak out a 6th win this year. And I’m going to be optimistic that Archie pulls off a good season and goes to the tournament as well. A tie unless you’re friend gets technical about the date.

I honestly think both get 4 years and neither happens. So I vote push. But if I had to pick one I’d take Archie. He’s better than Allen.

I think they get 6 next year. They practically schedule to get 6 wins just haven't been able to pull it off yet.

You've got 4 for sure wins. 3 maybes. And really should pull off one upset a year somewhere.

I honestly dont know what the uproar is with Allen. Hes basically done in his first 2 years what Wilson did in his best 2 years minus wins against a much better Purdue team. If Wilson had to face a Brohm coached Purdue then he would likely been at 5. Hopefully Allen can get to 6,7 or 8 wins and people can get off his back. Archie rights the ship hopefully with an NCAA berth and a sweet 16 run.

Some people can find any way to hide their vitriol and anger behind supposed humor....which is not funny to most. Just pathetic. Try what my mom said every day....if you cant say something nice, say nothing at all..or you'll just come off as an ignorant a**. Nice work...you have anything to say that isnt moronic? We're listening...

Tom Allen will be likely be fired before IU football goes to a bowl game. You get what you pay for. Allen was a hire on the cheap by an AD that does not care if IU football has a winning program. Fred wants to lure them in with nicer stadium and gimmicks, not a winning football team. I am just horribly disappointed in the football coaching and program. IU Basketball is nowhere close to being as poorly funded and disorganized as IU football.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Wah!

Some people can find any way to hide their vitriol and anger behind supposed humor....which is not funny to most. Just pathetic. Try what my mom said every day....if you cant say something nice, say nothing at all..or you'll just come off as an ignorant a**. Nice work...you have anything to say that isnt moronic? We're listening...

Tom Allen will be likely be fired before IU football goes to a bowl game. You get what you pay for. Allen was a hire on the cheap by an AD that does not care if IU football has a winning program. Fred wants to lure them in with nicer stadium and gimmicks, not a winning football team. I am just horribly disappointed in the football coaching and program. IU Basketball is nowhere close to being as poorly funded and disorganized as IU football.

All 3 will be without jobs at the end of next year, is my prediction.

That said, I think Allen’s teams probably play more to their potential. They were never really good and have basically stayed the same level.

They play hard, at least.

In contrast, Archie’s teams are a massive fail. Kids standing around, not giving effort and he just sits there and takes it.

I think that Fred and both coaches get run out of B-town after next season, so this coming season is do or die for all 3.

I'm very high on last year's freshman football class.

That said, I think Allen’s teams probably play more to their potential. They were never really good and have basically stayed the same level.

In contrast, Archie’s teams are a massive fail. Kids standing around, not giving effort and he just sits there and takes it.

I think that Fred and both coaches get run out of B-town after next season, so this coming season is do or die for all 3.

I'm very high on last year's freshman football class.

It’s perplexing that he is recruiting as well as he has. The Minnesota game was terrible preparation last year. A repeat of Maryland the year before. Time for Allen and crew to win. They have enough bodies that they should be able to get to 6 wins minimum. They cannot do that, then he isn’t the right guy for the job.

Reactions: fpeaugh
I will be thrilled if IU football goes to a bowl under Allen. Butvi think IU basketball goes to the NCAA Tournament before IU football goes to a bowl. Archie is a better coach than Allen.

Do you realize that TA's winning percentage in his first two years compared to other coaches first two years, is the second highest since world war 2?

Reactions: IndyAuthor and 76-1
I honestly dont know what the uproar is with Allen. Hes basically done in his first 2 years what Wilson did in his best 2 years minus wins against a much better Purdue team. If Wilson had to face a Brohm coached Purdue then he would likely been at 5. Hopefully Allen can get to 6,7 or 8 wins and people can get off his back. Archie rights the ship hopefully with an NCAA berth and a sweet 16 run.
So Allen has done everything besides what’s most important...win?

And hopefully Archie does a 180 and actually coaches a team well?

I love the wishful thinking.

Do you realize that TA's winning percentage in his first two years compared to other coaches first two years, is the second highest since world war 2?
And do you realize he took over the best situation IUFB has been in decades and has completely run it in the ground?

You gotta get rid of Mcrobbie along with Fred and Shoulders if you ever want an elite basketball program again. Otherwise nothing good will ever happen. Those 3 imbeciles are committed to keeping IU basketball down. They don't ever want the basketball program to be the shinning light of the University again. Ever.

So Allen has done everything besides what’s most important...win?

And hopefully Archie does a 180 and actually coaches a team well?

I love the wishful thinking.
Allen has won as many games as Wilson did minus Purdue which is a totally different team. If you say Allen sucks then its fair to say Wilson sucked as well. He coaches a good defense, just needs to get the offense going a little more. Hes doing a good job recruiting.

Allen has won as many games as Wilson did minus Purdue which is a totally different team. If you say Allen sucks then its fair to say Wilson sucked as well. He coaches a good defense, just needs to get the offense going a little more. Hes doing a good job recruiting.
Winning or losing to Purdue is a pretty big deal. It’s the biggest game of the year. The difference in 5 and 6 wins is everything for IUFB.

And do you realize he took over the best situation IUFB has been in decades and has completely run it in the ground?

Well, I disagree with the notion that he "has completely run it in the ground."
This year is critical for him.

You gotta get rid of Mcrobbie along with Fred and Shoulders if you ever want an elite basketball program again. Otherwise nothing good will ever happen. Those 3 imbeciles are committed to keeping IU basketball down. They don't ever want the basketball program to be the shinning light of the University again. Ever.

I find it hard to believe that Glass in particular want to keep ANY sport down including basketball. He is an IU grad and fan, why would he want to keep basketball down.

Now McRobbie is a different case. I have no idea what his agenda might be.

I am not a fan of the Allen hiring but this is IU football we're taking about. Saying that taking a team that finished 6-7 and going 5-7 the next two seasons is "running it in the ground" is a bit hyperbolic. But that's common from you since you have to make everything IU sound terrible.

Reactions: Al Bino
That says how awful IU football history has been.

Allen was hired cheaply after being an assistant coach. Is that something that you do if you want to win?

Allen was hired cheaply after being an assistant coach. Is that something that you do if you want to win?

And do you think Glass, an IU grad and lifelong fan, doesn't want to win?

And exactly how do you know he was hired because he as cheap?

We will see if it was the right call. As of now, in general, I like what he has brought to the program.

ADVERTISEMENT