ADVERTISEMENT

I have never seen anything like this.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
This is the worst shooting team in Big Ten history. How do you accumulate this many bad shooters on one team? Northwestern has a team full of 3 star guys outside the top 250 and still have guys that can shoot. Take a guy from New Albany, Floyd Central, or Silver Creek if you have to. Geez.

Reactions: indy1203
This is the worst shooting team in Big Ten history. How do you accumulate this many bad shooters on one team? Northwestern has a team full of 3 star guys outside the top 250 and still have guys that can shoot. Take a guy from New Albany, Floyd Central, or Silver Creek if you have to. Geez.
lol it is a head scratcher

Not that I'm counting, but I believe our light's out 5* shooter (at least hyped to be a shooter) Lander is 1-8 in his early IU career.

Do you give up on everything right after it starts?

Stanford is showing what hitting 3 pointers can do. It's the only thing keeping them in the game. Glad to see Leal get some time but he seems afraid to even look at the basket now.

Reactions: mk23
Message board posters who know nothing about it. I've been here long enough to know who to listen to and not. Critical stretch here in the game. up 10 with 7:30 to go.

not sure which is confusing me more...how they almost beat UNC or how we got rolled by TX. One thing I do believe is that Providence must really suck.

And yet Providence took out Davidson, who was within a basket of beating UT. Yesterday was disappointing, but that is why these tournaments are so important. You can't get a big head and have to refocus every game. UT probably recognized they almost got beat by a mid-major and Shaka probably tore them a new one, and scared and motivated to come out and get after it against us. Our guys came off a 20+ pt win vs what is supposed to be a top 3 Big East team (and likely still will be) and got a big head, then ran into a motivated and athletic UT team who got us discombobulated and whipped us. Glad to see how they bounced back, especially missing Durham. I expected this to be a pretty good team and season, so yesterday's results shook my confidence, but I still think we can be top half in the B10 and Archie better coach his butt off and get the players to respond and play like it. Durham out hurts, but injuries happen and this should give our freshman and Franklin the experience to figure things out. So, maybe when Durham comes back, we have another couple pieces to play with. Yesterday looks to have been a learning opportunity; let's hope we took advantage of it. I remember all the way back to around 1989ish when we were dismantled by UCLA in the first game of the season I think (it was like a 25 pt loss) and then we faced and beat them in the tourney. Already hoping we see UT in the tourney... and that there is one! Go Hoosiers!

Im really not trying to be an annoying broken record, but I just don’t get it. Leal, Franklin, and Galloway can’t shoot very well. But the guards that Purdue and Louisville have pulled out of Indiana are good shooters. I don’t think Archie really cares about 3 point shooting TBH. Neither does his brother or his cousin CAL.

Overreact much? Lots of new pieces to this team that are getting heavy PT. I thought it was positive that Leal played. My thought was Archie is searching for players who can hit some shots and ways to get the right guys in position. We are taking mostly really good shots and they will start falling more often. We are 3-1 with a loss to a Top 15 team. It will be Ok...

Reactions: travlinhoosier
If you've never seen anything like this I am thinking you missed the IU vs Michigan game in Bloomington two seasons ago. I thought they might have to have a fan contest to come down and get IU their first bucket at halftime.

ADVERTISEMENT