ADVERTISEMENT

I have an idea regarding Independence Day. Why don't we make it the first

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
Friday in July every year? Labor Day and Memorial Day always are on Monday, while Thanksgiving always is on Thursday.

If Independence is always on a Friday, we can sleep later that Saturday after being kept awake by the fireworks the night before. We also will have a three-day every year.

Do one of you have connections so you can get our government to change Independence Day to a Friday every year?

Well, for one thing it commemorates an actual historical event rather than an idea. Funny thing is, though, most of the founders thought July 2nd would be celebrated, since that is when they voted yeah on independence. July 4th, IIRC, was when they approved the document outlining their reasons for the July 2nd vote. Then I think July 6th was when it was widely distributed and publicly read in many cities.

Well, for one thing it commemorates an actual historical event rather than an idea. Funny thing is, though, most of the founders thought July 2nd would be celebrated, since that is when they voted yeah on independence. July 4th, IIRC, was when they approved the document outlining their reasons for the July 2nd vote. Then I think July 6th was when it was widely distributed and publicly read in many cities.

July 6th is when I was born, outside shooter. I will be 64 on Thursday. That makes me just one stroke closer to shooting my age. vbg

Friday in July every year? Labor Day and Memorial Day always are on Monday, while Thanksgiving always is on Thursday.

If Independence is always on a Friday, we can sleep later that Saturday after being kept awake by the fireworks the night before. We also will have a three-day every year.

Do one of you have connections so you can get our government to change Independence Day to a Friday every year?

Seconded!

July 6th is when I was born, outside shooter. I will be 64 on Thursday. That makes me just one stroke closer to shooting my age. vbg
Uh, better clarify what kind of stroke you're talking about. You have nasty critics on this board.

You won't sleep in though. You will be on the golf course bright and early. vbg

i think something as important as celebrating our independence deserves a whole month off.

anyone thinking one day is enough, obviously isn't as patriotic as i am.

i think something as important as celebrating our independence deserves a whole month off.

anyone thinking one day is enough, obviously isn't as patriotic as i am.
If it gives you and other Trumptards 29 more days to get all hillbilly stupid drunk and blow yourselves up, I'm all for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT