I hate O$U

Discussion in 'IU Football Board' started by Grateful Redbeard, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Grateful Redbeard

Expand Collapse

But there is no way that a team from the Big 12 should be going to the playoffs over the winner of the toughest division in college football. You win the Big Ten East and the Big Ten Championship game, then you go to the playoffs. Especially with only 1 loss.

2. Courtsensetwo

Courtsensetwo Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

You are right of course, but It is just so difficult to unbuckle the team from that landfill of deplorable fans that claim them. I passed on suite tix last night because I had no interest in being around all those idiots.

IUPaterade724 and 76-1 like this.
  3. IUCol

IUCol Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

OSU is not a championship team by any measure. But the process that excluded them is stupid, biased, uneven, and tilted away from the B10 deliberately by biased people involved in its operation.

There...that about covers it. Never watched a NC game and never will. Too boring...outcomes all planned

And since I'm bashing college FB, let me get my feeling about Bama and their coach. Saben is the lowest form of sleasebag scumbag, lowlife, backstabbing, pretend coach I have ever seen. He is loyal only to himself and will screw anyone and any team he coaches if its right for him.

He...is the worst thing that ever happened to college athletics...imo

4. Courtsensetwo

Courtsensetwo Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Worse than Pateno?

As far as Ohio getting in...they have one fluke loss and play in the toughest division in CFB.

5. hurryin76hoosier

hurryin76hoosier All-American
    Expand Collapse

Meh. Getting beat by purdue should be an auto disqualification written into the rulebook.

6. Pazhoosier85

Pazhoosier85 Recruit
    Expand Collapse

Don't get destroyed by a 6-6 Purdue team and they would be in. OSU gets no sympathy from me. Oklahoma doesn't have a bad loss like that.

IU Fan 1989 and 76-1 like this.
  7. MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

My hate usually overcomes my reason.

So screw Ohio State.

Go UCF!

8. td75

td75 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Georgia goes, or they should, period.

Indianaftw likes this.
  9. coachv jr

coachv jr Benchwarmer
    Expand Collapse

no way. exclamation mark.

10. td75

td75 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They would beat the teams you want to send, absolutely.

baileyiu and Indianaftw like this.
  11. coachv jr

coachv jr Benchwarmer
    Expand Collapse

i did not say who i "want to send". regardless, they had their playoff yesterday and failed. time for another contender to get a chance

12. indy1203

indy1203 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Hard to get around that cash link ESPN has with the SEC.

DANC likes this.
  13. Sope Creek

Sope Creek Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

When O$U goes to either Death Valley - Clemson or LSU - and remains unbeaten at the end of the season, I'll take notice. Until then O$U's program has gotten soft and is getting softer in part from getting favorable treatment from the B1G . . .

This year UGA and BAMA would clock O$U at any stadium. O$U lost their contender status when they got crushed by a 6-6 team that IU had aspirations of beating . . . that wouldn't - and didn't - occur with either of UGA or BAMA this year.

What the B1G needs to do is make teams like IU, Maryland and MSU more competitive with teams like O$U, UM and Penn State . . . give us the favorable calls/noncalls that O$U, UM and PSU are used to getting to make it harder for those "elite" programs to win, so they'll be better prepared to play against truly better, even more elite, programs.

O$U and UM are soft by comparison to what they used to be . . . and what they need to be to compete nationally now . . . .

13 Sope Creek, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    ReallyMadMax, Indianaftw and 76-1 like this.
  14. coachv jr

coachv jr Benchwarmer
    Expand Collapse

let me get this straight. you want the league to conspire with the officials to fix big ten games? what the hell?

15. SqueakyClean

SqueakyClean Newcomer
    Expand Collapse

As much as the Purdue loss brought them down, it was the games after the Purdue game that lost OSU the playoff. They barely survived Nebraska, MSU, and Maryland (needing an epic fourth quarter comeback at that). If they had gone out and obliterated those teams like they did to Michigan, then the Purdue loss would have been written off as an aberration. There was just too much evidence of OSU being a flawed team this year and the committee punished them for it.

16. Indianaftw

Indianaftw Junior
    Expand Collapse

A friend of mine posted something about osu Saturday night pimping how they should get in. I kindly reminded them georgia, clemson, and bama, would brutalize them. Boy did I get piled on :) . You talk about a bunch of butthurt delusionals. They are not playoff material.

Also notre dame fan I'm NOT, but they were hammering the irish. Notre Dame clearly deserves a shot. They also have alot of seniors which is what it takes at the next level of games. Should be interesting!

17. DANC

DANC Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They don't? They lost to Texas. Who lost to Maryland. Guess who beat Maryland? Guess where Maryland ended up in B1G standings.

How does Texas move up in the standings after that loss? By playing in a weak league.

That was a bad loss by Oklahoma.

18. DANC

DANC Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Maryland is competitive enough to beat Texas. Guess who was the team who beat Oklahoma this year?

Oklahoma plays no Defense. There's no way the winner of the Big we've should be picked over the winner of the B1G when both teams have the same record.

19. coachv jr

coachv jr Benchwarmer
    Expand Collapse

texas has a new coach, new system. not the same team at the end of the season as they were sept 1.

Sope Creek likes this.
  20. Sope Creek

Sope Creek Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

O$U beat Maryland by 1 measly little point late in the season, and got crushed by a 6-6 PU team midseason - in the 8th game.

Coachv jr has this analysis pegged . . . .

21. Sope Creek

Sope Creek Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Fix? Who said anything about fixing games? I sure didn't.

I'd just like refs not to favor the elite teams to the extent they favor them in making/not making calls on the field . . . and perhaps to reverse that favoritism so that the "elite" B1G programs have to work a little bit harder to beat the middling to doormat programs.

OSU is soft. Michigan is soft. PSU is soft.

Sure, they're better programs than the rest of the B1G, but they're soft when playing national elite competition . . . heck, ND beat Michigan this year and UM was supposed to be GREAT, with the best defense EVER . . . according to the UM fans I played golf with in Traverse City last summer, anyway.

They're all getting soft by their sense of entitlement, the feeling like they ought not have to compete to win . . . that all calls should go their way . . . just because everybody knows they're GREAT.

Toughen them up by not giving them the benefit of the doubt on those 50-50 calls all the time. And surely they ought not to get the benefit of the doubt when the refs look away on penalties occurring on critical plays like they do when IU plays those guys . . . .

22. DANC

DANC Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And yet they beat Oklahoma earlier in the season, when they should have been breaking in a new system...... not a great statement for Oklahoma.

23. coachv jr

coachv jr Benchwarmer
    Expand Collapse

lol

24. coachv jr

coachv jr Benchwarmer
    Expand Collapse

you are so right. damn all those entitled softies. always getting the benefit of the doubt. where's MY benefit of the doubt?

25. Sope Creek

Sope Creek Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

That was the 6th game of the season for both teams . . . .

26. Sope Creek

Sope Creek Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, you could use the help. :D

I like you coach . . . it's just that I have seen southern football up close for the last 30+ years and am no longer fooled by O$U and UM. There's a reason IU has over 40 players from FL, GA, MS, TX, TN and SC, many of whom are IU's better performers.

27. DANC

DANC Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

What's your point? His was that Texas was breaking in a new coach. So that's his excuse for Maryland beating Texas.

So Texas improved enough in 5 games to beat Oklahoma, but then Texas didn't improve in 6 more games enough to beat Oklahoma again?

That doesn't make much sense. According to him, Oklahoma lost to a team that wasn't even used to its head coach and was still developing.

I'll say it again - that is not a very positive statement about Oklahoma.

28. Sope Creek

Sope Creek Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

I'm not here to defend Oklahoma. I was just putting some perspective around what your "earlier in the season" meant, by providing the factual statement about which game it was. Everyone can draw their own conclusions from the facts, like you have.

I really don't have a position on this at all, since my sense about OU being selected is that the decision was more about selling tickets and TV commercials by pitting Kyler Murray against the best competition the nation has to offer than it was about which team is the 4th best in the country.

Frankly, after BAMA, Clemson and UGA, I think the rest of the programs are a good bit behind . . . I get why ND was included, and Murray's as good a reason to include an 11-1 team as any other team has . . . so it's all good.

29. DANC

DANC Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I'd like to see UCF in there.

30. Sope Creek

Sope Creek Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

They might've been if their QB hadn't gotten hurt . . . but I doubt it.

BTW, I think the real upshot of UCF is that Frost is gonna become the next Pat Fitzgerald in the B1G.

31. DANC

DANC Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, except Fitzgerald isn't exactly at a football factory like Frost is.

I don't know many coaches in many sports that could accomplish what he's done at a school with crappy facilities, high academics, and a general lack of interest in sports in general.

ESalum86 and 76-1 like this.
  32. coachv jr

coachv jr Benchwarmer
    Expand Collapse

nothing beats saturday night sec football

33. 76-1

76-1 All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Will maybe Big Ten Football could if we'd schedule the bulk of our games at 7-8 pm instead of Noon... Who knows..., we might even have a few more people show up at the stadium too...

DANC and coachv jr like this.
  34. Sope Creek

Sope Creek Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

I'd be hard pressed to bet against LSU fans when it comes to tailgating . . . those folks are more than drunk when they get to the game . . . they're drunk and happy.