ADVERTISEMENT

I had five pars and two birdies today, but still had a +19 score of 91.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
The reason is I had four triple bogeys on the back nine. I had four pars, a double bogey and four bogeys for a 42 on the front nine and then triple bogeyed the first three holes on the back nine. I then birdied two holes in a row and thought I was out of my slump. Unfortunately, I three-putted the next hole for a bogey, had a triple bogey on the 16th hole and had a double bogey on the 17th hole. I barely missed a birdie putt on the 18th hole and wound up with an embarrassing 49 on the back nine. Ironically, one of the guys in our threesome had a 46 on the front nine and a 36 on the back nine even though he is 78 years old.

Despite not having a decent round today, I still enjoyed myself because I was playing with two nice guys. I also am thrilled that I get to watch IU play Penn State today. Hopefully, the Hoosiers won't disappoint me against PSU.

Hit it out of bounds off the tee on one, still made bogey, then bogeyed 2 and 3. Ended up shooting 78 so not too bad after that start.

My outdoor golf will probably be done for a while. Supposed to snow here tomorrow with a high of ef'ing 28 Tuesday. Started indoor golf league a few weeks ago, that will do

Hit it out of bounds off the tee on one, still made bogey, then bogeyed 2 and 3. Ended up shooting 78 so not too bad after that start.

I wish I could shoot a 78. The last time I did it was at Harrison Lake Country Club in 2015. I had a 42 on the front nine and a 36 on the back side. I was playing with my dentist buddy and a master pro, who gave me lessons in 1988. He's in his 80s and still gives lessons part-time at The Legends now.

The reason is I had four triple bogeys on the back nine. I had four pars, a double bogey and four bogeys for a 42 on the front nine and then triple bogeyed the first three holes on the back nine. I then birdied two holes in a row and thought I was out of my slump. Unfortunately, I three-putted the next hole for a bogey, had a triple bogey on the 16th hole and had a double bogey on the 17th hole. I barely missed a birdie putt on the 18th hole and wound up with an embarrassing 49 on the back nine. Ironically, one of the guys in our threesome had a 46 on the front nine and a 36 on the back nine even though he is 78 years old.

Despite not having a decent round today, I still enjoyed myself because I was playing with two nice guys. I also am thrilled that I get to watch IU play Penn State today. Hopefully, the Hoosiers won't disappoint me against PSU.

How is that ironic, Alanis?

Reactions: T.M.P.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT