ADVERTISEMENT

I had a weird round this morning. I hit all seven fairways on the front nine and

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
hit six of nine greens in regulation, but still shot a +5 41. On the back, I only hit three fairways and hit three greens in regulation while shooting a 45.

I had something like six three-putt greens today.

hit six of nine greens in regulation, but still shot a +5 41. On the back, I only hit three fairways and hit three greens in regulation while shooting a 45.

How's that new driver working for you?

I had an annoying round today that gives McNutt something to think about...

We played as a late afternoon foursome, teeing off at 2pm...my uncle and I played from the blacks, my step-dad from the senior tees, and my girl cousin played the ladies tees.
On making our way down to the teebox abt 4 min prior to our time(1:56) a single asked to jump out in front of us(his 2:10 tee time)...we obliged.
On hole 3, a twosome caught us, so we teed off, set aside in the shade, and allowed them to play through.
On hole 6 this happened again w a twosome...
On Hole 11 a single we allowed to play through.
On hole 14 another single we allowed to play through.
This led to our round taking nearly 5 hours...

At what point does the foursome take priority, or does a single or twosome just ‘skip a hole’, rather than a 4 some be expected to sit aside and wait to let the singles and twosomes play through for their pace of play...

Drive for show, Putt for Dough.

We played as a late afternoon foursome, teeing off at 2pm...my uncle and I played from the blacks, my step-dad from the senior tees, and my girl cousin played the ladies tees.
On making our way down to the teebox abt 4 min prior to our time(1:56) a single asked to jump out in front of us(his 2:10 tee time)...we obliged.
On hole 3, a twosome caught us, so we teed off, set aside in the shade, and allowed them to play through.

At what point does the foursome take priority, or does a single or twosome just ‘skip a hole’, rather than a 4 some be expected to sit aside and wait to let the singles and twosomes play through for their pace of play...
A better question is why the clubhouse is sending out so many singles and pairs without grouping them into foursomes. That’s bullshit.

According to golf etiquette, a foursome has priority over a single or twosome on a weekend. In other words, you don't need to let them play through as long as you're staying up with the group in front of you.

I teed off at around 8:15 this morning. I was by myself because nobody else wanted to play in our choose up if they had to keep their carts on the cart paths.

If I remember correctly, three different groups invited me to play through even though I didn't request it. I finally caught up with two friends of mine and we played the last six holes together. Thanks to people inviting me to play through, I managed to finish in less than three hours.

ADVERTISEMENT