ADVERTISEMENT

I guess the Hanner rumor is true

who was tabbing Davis to start? CTC generally only plays 1 big, so I don't

think DD would have started over TW or HMP, unless CTC was upset with them. I think his role would have been backup for both. DD, EH nor what I hear about one of the recruits next year JM, to me seem to fit CTC's preferred offense. If they can't develop perimeter skills I don't look for any of them to be a regular starter unless we can't find the players that fit his system, or can't find a better post option. That's why I think we'll have a bubble there: duplication of player roles. Davis, nor Holt for that matter, are answers for us in the post. Both can help, but asking them to guard other teams 5s is generally asking too much of them at least in the B10, imo.

This has been one of my biggest criticisms of CTC: we need more size period. Look at almost every other B10 or top 40 roster: 5 or more players 6'9" or bigger: 2-3 who can play now and a couple to develop. We have 2, one of which was signed in May? We should have recruited another post for the class after NV because of the likelihood he would leave. Even with he and LF, we were still short on posts, especially whenever anyone realized PJ wasn't going to contribute. Someone brought up WI the other day and their situation with Kaminski. But,they have 4-5 guys 6'9" or bigger, plus Hayes who is 6'7" and 250. I don't blame CTC for LF transferring, but I do believe he should be responsible for building a roster that has depth at all positions. We still have too many wings and too few posts and that has been the case since he arrived. Some years we can get by without incident but it will bite us too frequently if we continue to shortchange ourselves underneath.

This post was edited on 1/13 5:38 PM by kkott
you have had the punch going on 8 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT