ADVERTISEMENT

I got put in Visitors section....

Hoosiersfan2018

Redshirt
Dec 1, 2018
I ordered the ticket promo for the Northwestern game and Michigan game. I just saw my tickets and I saw that I am in section 2 "Visitors" section. Why would they put me in the visitors section especially if I'm buying directly from them and an alum?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I ordered the ticket promo for the Northwestern game and Michigan game. I just saw my tickets and I saw that I am in section 2 "Visitors" section. Why would they put me in the visitors section especially if I'm buying directly from them and an alum?
Northwestern won’t bring enough people to fill section one.
Michigan will bring more but I’ve sat around them before and most are tolerable,now if it were Ohio St fans,that’s another story.

I think that the home teams (IU in this case) essentially give tickets in the "Visitors Section" to the visiting team (NW), which then sell them through their own ticket office (NW). Any unsold tickets then get returned to the home team (IU) to at least a few weeks before the game, and then become a part of the home team's pool of tickets to sell through their ticket office (IU). Guessing that "best available" in the tier you bought just happened to be from the tickets NW returned.

In all honesty, we need people to sit there. Most schools return tickets and it looks crappy to have that side empty.

I think that the home teams (IU in this case) essentially give tickets in the "Visitors Section" to the visiting team (NW), which then sell them through their own ticket office (NW). Any unsold tickets then get returned to the home team (IU) to at least a few weeks before the game, and then become a part of the home team's pool of tickets to sell through their ticket office (IU). Guessing that "best available" in the tier you bought just happened to be from the tickets NW returned.
That's what I was thinking happened. I just know when it comes to the Michigan game the fans will be quite annoying. I find them just as annoying as OSU and PU fans honestly.

Visitors or Student side? We need to get to the point where there is no visitors section.

I am in section two on the press box side where the "visitor fans" are usually sitting. I also agree of getting rid of a "visitors" section."

I gotta disagree with you guys on getting rid of the visitors section. This is something that all teams in the B1G provide so that the opposing fans don't get stuck surrounded by the home fans. ICYMI, here's Allen leaving the field and celebrating with all the IU fans in the visitors section from Saturday:

Visitors or Student side? We need to get to the point where there is no visitors section.

I am in section two on the press box side where the "visitor fans" are usually sitting. I also agree of getting rid of a "visitors" section."

I gotta disagree with you guys on getting rid of the visitors section. This is something that all teams in the B1G provide so that the opposing fans don't get stuck surrounded by the home fans. ICYMI, here's Allen leaving the field and celebrating with all the IU fans in the visitors section from Saturday:

True always a visitors section but I’m guessing others were referencing the size of the section. Others usually don’t have anything nearly that number

You have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting.. :)
Love that little flick...Heath Ledger made everything he touched special in one way or another. That movie is kinda teen but who cares...lots of fun and great cast...

Reactions: IU_Hickory

Section 2 is technically assigned as visitors but OSU is the only school that brings enough fans to fill section 1 let alone 2. Those are good seats.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
Section 2 is technically assigned as visitors but OSU is the only school that brings enough fans to fill section 1 let alone 2. Those are good seats.
They are good seats no doubt. I was just figuring I'd be placed not in the "visitors" section. At the same time as others have said that's probably a good sign as well.

I was on that video somewhere between the two and three second mark. He was flying lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT