ADVERTISEMENT

I got lucky Monday.

largemouth

All-American
Feb 3, 2004
No, not that kinda lucky, real lucky.
I had a TIA (mini stroke) Monday. Weakness in my right leg, loss of balance, walking/staggering like a drunk.
Fortunately the symptoms passed rather quickly, within an hour or so. Scary shit!
Had an appointment at my primary doc's office, with an APRN, not the doctor. That pissed me off to a degree. He's been our doctor for 12+ years.
Ultra sound of the carotid scheduled, along with an echocardiogram Thursday.
Hopefully I do not need any procedures such as a stent in the carotid, etc.
Stay tuned...

I had a TIA (mini stroke) Monday. Weakness in my right leg, loss of balance, walking/staggering like a drunk.
Fortunately the symptoms passed rather quickly, within an hour or so. Scary shit!
Had an appointment at my primary doc's office, with an APRN, not the doctor. That pissed me off to a degree. He's been our doctor for 12+ years.
Stay tuned...
May God be with you my friend. One good thing about stents is it's a basic procedure now. If you need one then you will feel a lot better. Everybody I know who had one has said this. Hang tough.

Stay tuned...

Best of luck matey! You are a positive guy so I am sure things will work out!

When your body can handle it I will show you the rest...

ConsiderateAnotherAmericanquarterhorse-small.gif

Stay tuned...
Prayers and Best Wishes to You for a Full Recovery. Your post points up a Couple of items about today's health care system. First so many of what used to be small family practice Offices have been bought out by Hospitals and large Health Care Groups. As a result, they are required by their Owner/Overseers to generate revenue and can only do so by seeing so many patients a day. In order to do that, they have to use PA's or APRN,s to generate that amount of volume - especially in handling short notice appointments.
Second, this happened to you on Memorial Day. We have always joked that you never want to end up in the ER on a Weekend or particularly a Holiday Weekend, because you tend to get the inexperienced short termers who don't have the clout to get off the weekend/holiday schedule.

Reactions: largemouth
Stay tuned...

I had a similar experience back in Nov. I woke around 4 am and felt dizzy. I stumbled to the bathroom but had difficulty avoiding the walls in the hallway, and just generally felt disoriented. I managed to make it back to bed, and sort of collapsed and fell back asleep...

I woke back up around 4 hrs later and it was even worse. I had trouble even standing up and the room was spinning. I really got scared when it seemed like the side of my face was getting numb. I hate hospitals, but I started thinking about the FAST acronym and decided I needed to go to the Emergency Room. So a friend of mine took me and I got checked out...

They ran tests and ruled out a stroke. I spent about 3 hrs or so- I started feeling better while I was lying in bed, but when I stood up I'd get dizzy again. They theorized that somehow I had twisted my head suddenly while I was asleep, and it had triggered vertigo. It didn't make a lot of sense to me, but they were pretty positive it wasn't a stroke. So I called my friend to come to get me and headed down to the out-processing area to wait for her.

I was in a wheelchair and was just sitting there. I started to have my exit interview, but all of a sudden I started feeling nauseous. I told the nurse who ran to get me a barf bag, but I ended up spewing before she got back with it. I was sitting right at the Administrator's desk and it made a real mess. But I immediately felt better and I was good to go for the rest of the day...

Prayers and Best Wishes to You for a Full Recovery. Your post points up a Couple of items about today's health care system. First so many of what used to be small family practice Offices have been bought out by Hospitals and large Health Care Groups. As a result, they are required by their Owner/Overseers to generate revenue and can only do so by seeing so many patients a day. In order to do that, they have to use PA's or APRN,s to generate that amount of volume - especially in handling short notice appointments.
Second, this happened to you on Memorial Day. We have always joked that you never want to end up in the ER on a Weekend or particularly a Holiday Weekend, because you tend to get the inexperienced short termers who don't have the clout to get off the weekend/holiday schedule.
My doctor is part of the Millennium Physicians Group.

Stay tuned...

Get well.
Stay well.

Stay tuned...

How you feeling LM? Test results come back OK?

85525510.jpg

She was wondering if you could stand up to her physical exam?

I haven't heard the results yet. Had an ultra-sound of the carotid artery and an echocardiogram yesterday. Waiting to hear from Doc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT