ADVERTISEMENT

I find it interesting (and somewhat odd) that CKW is hyping Patrick so much...

Cap99

Senior
Sep 7, 2001
It is odd for the following reasons:

1.) Usually coaches don't praise players that have yet to play a down of major college football
2.) Patrick may not be available until mid-season, and he probably won't get to 100% football shape at all this season.
3.) CKW has said that Patrick is superior to all the RBs and WRs on the roster even though we have some players at those positions for whom there are pretty high expectations going into the season..
4.) Why clue in B10 opponents to Patrick's potential?

I guess I just don't see the upside of praising Patrick at this point. When CKW mentioned Patrick after the PU game, I thought he was doing so to make it appear that the roster is in good shape which would make his extension more probable. It is obvious now that CKW thinks that Patrick is truly something special, and he wants the world to know about it. I just hope that there is consensus amongst the players that Patrick is indeed superior, or CKW may be unnecessarily causing problems.

We will see how this shakes out, but I am definitely excited to see Patrick in action. This kind of reminds me of when ARE had to sit out his freshman year. There were a lot of stories coming out about how good he was in practice. Another ARE-like player wouldn't be a bad thing at all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.