ADVERTISEMENT

I finally broke 40 for nine holes this year. It happened Wednesday evening after work. I had six pars and

McNutt, what yardage do you play? Maybe you need to move up in tee boxes.

It always helps to keep your head still on the hole with the windmill. The one with the bridge leading to the clown's mouth is always my downfall. I have better luck with the green balls and the longer putters with no bubble gum on the shafts.

Last edited:
McNutt, have you ever invested in some lessons? I highly recommend it. You seem to be in good physical shape and I know you have a history of playing sports, so I assume you have some athletic ability. You certainly play enough rounds to gain consistency. Breaking 80 from less than 6,000 yards should not be an issue for you. Assuming you can average 200-220 yards off the tee (and keep it in play), your approach shots should be a mid to short iron on most holes. Take away the blow-up holes, add a hand full of bogeys, and an occasional birdie, should have you breaking 80 most days.

Reactions: kkott
McNutt, have you ever invested in some lessons? I highly recommend it. You seem to be in good physical shape and I know you have a history of playing sports, so I assume you have some athletic ability. You certainly play enough rounds to gain consistency. Breaking 80 from less than 6,000 yards should not be an issue for you. Assuming you can average 200-220 yards off the tee (and keep it in play), your approach shots should be a mid to short iron on most holes. Take away the blow-up holes, add a hand full of bogeys, and an occasional birdie, should have you breaking 80 most days.

Lessons don't help me because my injured knee from basketball doesn't allow me to use my lower body or turn on the ball with my upper body. In other words, I mostly rely on my hands and arms during my swing.

How much does Otter charge these days during the week?

$49.00 if you're a senior. That includes a riding cart. Of course I have a membership that includes a locker and unlimited driving range usage.

p
$49.00 if you're a senior. That includes a riding cart. Of course I have a membership that includes a locker and unlimited driving range usage.
What is it for non seniors? $70 during the week? It is one of my favorite courses but extremely over priced.

three bogeys for a 39. I focused on keeping my head still and swinging easy on my shots. What a difference!

Best news of 2020! Keep these motivational posts coming!

On a related note, I successfully balanced my checkbook yesterday. On the first try! Thought about creating a post to memorialize the event but didn't want to compete with stuff like this....

McHoop

Best news of 2020! Keep these motivational posts coming!

On a related note, I successfully balanced my checkbook yesterday. On the first try! Thought about creating a post to memorialize the event but didn't want to compete with stuff like this....

McHoop

What about light bulbs? Did you change any light bulbs? I'm worried.

Lessons don't help me because my injured knee from basketball doesn't allow me to use my lower body or turn on the ball with my upper body. In other words, I mostly rely on my hands and arms during my swing.

Translation: "No, I refuse. I prefer to keep bashing my head into this wall!"

McDoofus, I've seen veterans with no legs learn to play golf from a cart. You think they do that on their own? That's what a good pro does: helps you find a way to make a solid consistent swing, despite any physical limitations you might have. That's their job.

McDoofus, I've seen veterans with no legs learn to play golf from a cart. You think they do that on their own? That's what a good pro does: helps you find a way to make a solid consistent swing, despite any physical limitations you might have. That's their job.

I swear..... a certain someone was the inspiration for Ned Ryerson....

McHoop

Reactions: kkott
I swear..... a certain someone was the inspiration for Ned Ryerson....

McHoop
Wrong. Ned Ryerson, never NEVER, had a stare like McNutt. At best, I'll give you Ned Ryerson and Chuck Norris's love child.

I wonder if they both played in a foursome with their Dentist buddy? Could be!

Last edited:
Reactions: McHoop
ADVERTISEMENT