ADVERTISEMENT

I don't think Yogi can stay with Melo

Wiltthastilt

Benchwarmer
Apr 30, 2012
Melo is from PG County and has ice water in his veins. Teams that have slowed him down have towers waiting in the paint. Indiana is going to have to have a lights out shooting night. And they may just do that with the crowd behind them. Will be interesting for sure.

You are right. Yogi hasn't faced a good point guard in his three years at IU. Yogi has never played in a big game. Tell me Cat fan how much did Trey's dad get?

He's 50% less effective from left side (analytics)

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/ncaa-maryland-terps/melo-trimble-shot-chart-analysis-reveals-key-defending

So whatever it takes to force him left....

Ya can't get brilliant analysis like this anywhere else!

PG County!! (where is that, exactly?) .... ice water !!! .... towers in the paint !!! ...... lights out shooting !!!

Just. So. Precious.

I still think we are going to struggle this game, but not bc of Melo.

I think he gets rattled in AH tonight. Not to mention Yogi IS a better player than him. I'd be very, very surprised if Melo outplays Yogi tonight. Very.

Dez Wells and Layman

are the players that worry me the most, also one of the best freshmen in the country in OSU Russell did not fair well in his first trip to AH.

Thanks, we will let Yogi know

Yogi defended tougher players as a freshman. I think he will be okay. How many hours per day does your mom let you play on the internet?

This post was edited on 1/22 5:48 PM by iubud

Why don't you bring your guys in . . .

so you can have a reasonable measuring stick against which to assess how well Yogi might play a kid from elsewhere?

Oh, right . . . thanks for reminding me about who doesn't want to play at IU . . . .

Turnovers and rebounding will decide this game

Simple as that.

We've been swarm rebounding very well. We send three slashers to the glass on every shot vs rely on big guys to turn and block out and it's caused a lot of issues for other teams to rebound against us because they don't know where the rebounders are coming from.

We've won the rebounding margin in pretty much all of our big wins.

MSU killed us on the boards....as did Louisville....while we killed OSU on the boards (when we shouldn't) same with Illinois.

Penn State won the rebounding war and damn near almost beat us at home.

See the pattern?

This post was edited on 1/22 2:15 PM by TommyCracker

Probably not from Kensucky

The commonwealth hasn't been a hotbed of talent over the years.

If that is true ...

You need to cancel your handle and pick a new name. Nobody will take you serious coming from a UK website.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT