ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t feel so bad about Gator Bowl...

bdhman

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2002
The wife and I went to JAX for Gator Bowl. Still having bad dreams about that onside kick. But, the ATL Falcons made an even worse showing today vs Dallas. That was ridiculous!

Reactions: Wiedersehen
The wife and I went to JAX for Gator Bowl. Still having bad dreams about that onside kick. But, the ATL Falcons made an even worse showing today vs Dallas. That was ridiculous!
The falcons find new and creative ways to lose

Reactions: CG Paul
Looked to me like the Atlanta players didn't think they could touch the ball before the ten yards. It amazes me how many pro athletes don't know the rules of the game they play.

Reactions: CG Paul
déjà vu

Reactions: DANC
Yeah, well, uh . . . MrsSope and I were in Jacksonville for IU's Gator Bowl and as Falcons fans we were watching on Sunday while toggling back and forth between that game and the US Open. We knew the onside kicks were coming . . . both times . . . I can only hide my face in my hands in shame . . . .

BTW, Dan Quinn got a reprieve last year when Blank didn't fire him at the end of the season after a 1-7 start. The Falcons have unbelievable talent on offense . . . even though Julio Jones drops far more often than a #1 receiver should (he dropped a sure TD pass from WR Russell Gage on Sunday) . . . .

Think Quinn's gone after this season . . . if he makes it that long? I sure do . . . .

The only explanations I have for the poor play are (1) coaching, and (2) the Falcons might be thinking about becoming a dark horse in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes . . . he's from Cartersville, which is on the far northern fringes of the Atlanta metro area. Which do you think is the more likely explanation?

yea, especially those that are on the hands team. How do you not know you can cover that up immediately?
Quinn swears the players had been schooled on that rule . . . he says they just froze under the pressure of the tight game . . . .

ADVERTISEMENT