ADVERTISEMENT

I Certainly Hope IU Can Hang On To Race

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
He is that prototypical IU player: great kid, great family, good student, gritty player who came here because he understands what the candy stripes mean. AJ Moye.

The kid battled with a broken face and severly sprained ankle. Every team managed that accidental elbow to his face.

Stick with it Race, the reward of being part of the long crimson line is for life.

I've been thinking about this for a while. I love Race's game. He isn't great at anything, but he is good at a lot of things. Good Rebounder, Good Passer, Good Defender. He is also one of the few guys for whom you don't have to run specific plays for on Offense. He can get his points on Rebounds, Turnovers, Fast breaks, and scrambles. He also appears to be coachable. His biggest deficiency is he doesn't have an outside shot to keep Defenders honest, and when he does shoot from more than 5 feet, his form is poor (he tends to drift, and his body doesn't stay square to the target).

He is perfectly capable of 10 points and 10 Rebounds per game. However on this team he looks like a refugee from the Land of Misfit Toys. If you had consistent 2nd and third scorers, he would be a perfect 4th option on Offense, However, with this team he is being forced to do too much to make up for other players deficiencies.
He might be better served in a different Offensive System where his skills could be better utilized.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT