ADVERTISEMENT

I can't say I'm looking forward to Thursday night or Friday morning because

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
I'm having both an endoscopy and colonoscopy Friday morning. That means I won't be able to eat any food after Thursday morning until the procedure is done on Friday.

Beginning at 6:00 p.m. Thursday, I will begin drinking the liquids the doctor prescribed for me. It makes my butt hurt just thinking about it.

I'm having both an endoscopy and colonoscopy Friday morning. That means I won't be able to eat any food after Thursday morning until the procedure is done on Friday.

Beginning at 6:00 p.m. Thursday, I will begin drinking the liquids the doctor prescribed for me. It makes my butt hurt just thinking about it.

09b447f04638b6426633e3606feeb488--funny-fitness-pictures-fitness-humor.jpg

Reactions: McNutt76

My wife and I scheduled our first colonoscopies last month for the same day 30 minutes apart. I figured it was something others had done. The staff was really surprised and thought it was a novel idea. My thoughts were simple. We had to do the same prep, why not do it at the same time instead of a week apart? Plus we didn't have to take two days off for the procedure and to be the driver for the other. Just make sure you have plenty of bathrooms. There is no time to wait in line.

With all the liquids we had to drink and having to poop all day, we didn't want to eat. Even after the procedure, we weren't that hungry. I have never taken a laxative before. I'm glad I work from home. Those products work fast and furious with me.

My wife and I scheduled our first colonoscopies last month for the same day 30 minutes apart. I figured it was something others had done. The staff was really surprised and thought it was a novel idea. My thoughts were simple. We had to do the same prep, why not do it at the same time instead of a week apart? Plus we didn't have to take two days off for the procedure and to be the driver for the other. Just make sure you have plenty of bathrooms. There is no time to wait in line.

With all the liquids we had to drink and having to poop all day, we didn't want to eat. Even after the procedure, we weren't that hungry. I have never taken a laxative before. I'm glad I work from home. Those products work fast and furious with me.
So who drove home? They wouldn't let me.

So who drove home? They wouldn't let me.
My son had been bugging us to get it done, so he took off that morning. Our friend has Fridays off and was our backup. I felt after a nap, I would have been okay to drive, but we didn't try it. They warned me not to sign any legal documents. I didn't feel impaired.

I have been knocked out for other minor procedures. This was the first time I woke up and felt ready to get up and walk out. Fentanyl is good stuff when used by a qualified professional.

Don't wear white golf pants to the course then. And after your procedure don't trust a fart for awhile.

Don't wear white golf pants to the course then. And after your procedure don't trust a fart for awhile.

I wound up using the bathroom about 25 times between 6:00 p.m. Thursday and 6:00 a.m. Friday. It literally wasn't pretty.

There is another thread on what you remember about what you were doing on the morning of 9/11/2001. Eppy99 suggested I share it here.

I had a colonoscopy scheduled for that morning. Because of security concerns, the hospital decided they would not put anyone under anesthesia unless it was an emergency situation. They gave me a choice of going through with the colonoscopy without being put to sleep or scheduling for another day. I decided I would rather go through with it than to go through the prep again. (If you’ve had a colonoscopy, you know about the prep.) So, I had a colonoscopy without anesthesia the morning of 9/11/2001.

There is another thread on what you remember about what you were doing on the morning of 9/11/2001. Eppy99 suggested I share it here.

I had a colonoscopy scheduled for that morning. Because of security concerns, the hospital decided they would not put anyone under anesthesia unless it was an emergency situation. They gave me a choice of going through with the colonoscopy without being put to sleep or scheduling for another day. I decided I would rather go through with it than to go through the prep again. (If you’ve had a colonoscopy, you know about the prep.) So, I had a colonoscopy without anesthesia the morning of 9/11/2001.
This is more McNutt than even McNutt. Did you stare down the doctor first?

There is no way I could have that done without an anesthesia.

This is more McNutt than even McNutt. Did you stare down the doctor first?

I really like the doctor. He did a great job. Of course, the women staff members didn't realize I could hear them when they were discussing a certain part of my body.

Reactions: IU40IU

You are a tougher man than me...no way would I have a colonoscopy and not be put out.. no way

I hope you have two bathrooms. It would be a long day if you don't.

I hope you have two bathrooms. It would be a long day if you don't.
I work from home most days unless traveling, so we each had our own. It would have been hard working in an office setting and I would have to be near the bathroom. I almost set up my office that day in the bathroom. I hosted one conference call from the porcelain throne. I wonder if I should include the bathroom square footage as office space on this years taxes.

They seem to be incredibly tolerant to deal with your constant whining about everyday shit in most people's lives.

Pray that you never have to deal with real serious stuff like cancer of some family member.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT