ADVERTISEMENT

I assume we have everybody back again next year

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
With the NCAA waiving this season for eligibility, I assume we have the exact same team next year plus Duncomb? Same starting guards Al and Phinisee?

With the NCAA waiving this season for eligibility, I assume we have the exact same team next year plus Duncomb? Same starting guards Al and Phinisee?

Oh . . . I thought you meant fans.

No way, I'd think if Lander can't overtake at least Al by next year AM has not done his job or needs his head examined

With Stewart, I can see Al moving on. I think Brunk wants one more bite at the apple.

If Brunk and TJD come back, team will be top of conference.
Based on what? This current team hasn't even won a BIG10 game yet, and you realize teams like Wisconsin can bring their teams back too?

This team is far from being "top" of anything.

Reactions: mk23
If Parker can make 3s, play him immediately. Sit Al. Eventually sit Rob if he can't shoot and play Galloway, Lander, and Leal.

Reactions: B_Town_Buford
TJD won’t be back. He likely won’t be a lottery pick. But his length and athleticism will attract enough GMs that he’ll be a first rounder.

Its all guesswork beyond that. TJD leaving is a guess as well, but I think a more educated one. Neither Al or Joey have good pro prospects. Both could play overseas and make decent money. But if either chose to do that, it implies they still want to play. Why not play at IU, with the fans likely back? But my guess is neither comes back.

Beyond them, there will likely be a transfer or two.

So I’m guessing Archie will need to be active in the transfer market, and/or look to get involved late with 21’ kids.

Impossible to predict how good we’d be. But if TJD leaves, it’s hard to envision getting anything but worse.

TJD won’t be back. He likely won’t be a lottery pick. But his length and athleticism will attract enough GMs that he’ll be a first rounder.

Its all guesswork beyond that. TJD leaving is a guess as well, but I think a more educated one. Neither Al or Joey have good pro prospects. Both could play overseas and make decent money. But if either chose to do that, it implies they still want to play. Why not play at IU, with the fans likely back? But my guess is neither comes back.

So I’m guessing Archie will need to be active in the transfer market, and/or look to get involved late with 21’ kids.

Impossible to predict how good we’d be. But if TJD leaves, it’s hard to envision getting anything but worse.

This is a reasonable take. Recruiting will be more difficult as the likelyhood of a coaching change increases even if that is not until 2022.

Wouldn’t count on Joey. Think he’d be looking to play overseas. There will be a ton of transfers this year, so might be best anyway.

For a guy who shoots only layups and dunks and goes 3-13, somebody's kidding himself.

Most of the current mocks have TJD not listed at all, or at the very tail end of 2nd round. I do not see him sniffing 1st round status.

'21 is looking like a very strong draft year. My guess would be he will return

Reactions: MrBing
I assume some will transfer like Forester and Anderson did a couple of years ago.
Al and Brunk may try their luck in Europe.
Just for fun; my zero inside info guess is:
CAM. Back
Durham. Gone.
Brunk . Gone.
TJD. Gone if the draft advisors say first round.
Race. Back
Hunter. Back
RP. Back
Trey. Back
Landers. Back.
Geronimo. I hope back but could transfer.
Leal. Same as Geronimo.
Franklin. Back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT