ADVERTISEMENT

I am now a Jonathan Isaac fan and hope his Jersey sells out.

Well, some of them, yes. You don’t get to act with impunity, including the police. But it’s interesting that instead of speaking to his points, you choose to divert the discussion to an implication of something else. Go ahead, educate us on why his points are invalid...I’ll expect more snark rather than any intelligent discussion...
I summed up his points pretty succinctly. My opinion of those point(s) is pretty clear.
"Snark"? :D

BLM is now wedded to kneeling. Those who kneel, and everyone has kneeled so far except for Mr. Isaac does so with BLM stamped on the court. BLM wants a revolution. They are a self identified marxist organization and have only used the issue of race relations to get their chance at that revolution.
This is a political perspective and the mild effort to wed BLM to kneeling is divisive. I'd like to point out a quote by your subject, the man that stood.

"I think when you look around, racism isn't the only thing that plagues our society, that plagues our nation, that plagues our world, and I think coming together on that message that we want to get past not only racism but everything that plagues as us as a society, I feel like the answer to that is gospel."

The man that stood and was willing to take the heat promotes a message centered on coming together. His position is guided by the gospel. Your message doesn't feel that way.

I summed up his points pretty succinctly. My opinion of those point(s) is pretty clear.
"Snark"? :D
No, you’ve been critical of those that oppose some of the protesting, or BLM. What you haven’t done is outlined what your objectives are, what you wish to see accomplished, a plan to do so. This is why I have an issue with a lot of what’s going on, without answers to these questions, it’s just a bunch of petulant whiners trying to get handouts or an excuse to bitch, moan, & tear shit up. What does success look like for any of these groups, what do you want, or is it another grand opportunity to point fingers at people with different opinions & claim the moral high ground?

Reactions: dbmhoosier
This statement from an Oklahoma rep sounds very similar to what someone else is saying in this thread. The GOP memo lines are going out and some are taking the bait...as expected.

Rep. Sean Roberts (R-Hominy) believes the demonstration intends to destroy nuclear families.

“By kneeling during the playing of the national anthem, the NBA and its players are showing disrespect to the American flag and all it stands for,” Roberts wrote. “This anti-patriotic act makes clear the NBA’s support of the Black Lives Matter group and its goal of defunding our nation’s police, its ties to Marxism and its efforts to destroy nuclear families.”

Also threatening to take tax breaks away from players (yikes)...

“If the Oklahoma City Thunder leadership and players follow the current trend of the NBA by kneeling during the national anthem prior to Saturday’s game, perhaps we need to reexamine the significant tax benefits the State of Oklahoma granted the Oklahoma City Thunder organization when they came to Oklahoma,” Roberts wrote in a statement."

Link to Yahoo article

No, you’ve been critical of those that oppose some of the protesting, or BLM. What you haven’t done is outlined what your objectives are, what you wish to see accomplished, a plan to do so. This is why I have an issue with a lot of what’s going on, without answers to these questions, it’s just a bunch of petulant whiners trying to get handouts or an excuse to bitch, moan, & tear shit up. What does success look like for any of these groups, what do you want, or is it another grand opportunity to point fingers at people with different opinions & claim the moral high ground?

Exactly right. So long as we use “systemic racism” as a relevant metric, use “Black lives Matter” as a rallying cry, and look at “white privilege” as evidence subconscious racism, we have set ourselves up for seeing in perpetuity the world as black and white. Racism and racial issues will seep into everything and will always be a source of division. The 2020 protests/riots and accompanying wokeness will leave disfiguring scars on our common culture.

you used the plural for of the word neck. Did this happen more than once?
Yes, at least 2 other cases just in the past year that I recall. One was Allentown PA, the other was I think in Denver. The whole topic of deadly chokeholds in general has been coming up over and over again for years, after recorded incidents

Last edited:
Reactions: brianiu
And he got injured today. Hopefully it’s not as bad as it looked.

Jonathan is a fellow Christian and did not bow his knee while all others did. He sees BLM for what it is. It is not about Black Lives. It is about hatred of the U.S. as it is founded.
You are a liar. You lie constantly. It's pathetic and you should stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: T.M.P.
Isaac suffered a torn ACL which will shelve him for the remainder of this season, and probable all of next season as well. Damn shame as he’s an up and coming star in the league. Defensive monster.

Reactions: brianiu
Isaac suffered a torn ACL which will shelve him for the remainder of this season, and probable all of next season as well. Damn shame as he’s an up and coming star in the league. Defensive monster.
God knows whose ball it is.

God knows whose ball it is.

Uh oh! I’m not going there man. I respect God too much to label him/her a Democrat or Republican.

I just wish Isaac would catch a break, health wise. The kid is a budding star, but keeps getting hurt.

Selfishly, I kind of want the Warriors to pull off a trade for Aaron Gordon, which is being planned, but Orlando will probably need to keep him now.

Seemingly lost in all the shittiness is the fact that VPM started it with - surprise, surprise - a bald-faced lie. Here's what Jonathan Isaac actually said about his decision, word-for-word:

"I believe that Black Lives Matter. A lot went into my decision, and part of it is, I thought that kneeling or wearing the Black Lives Matter t-shirt doesn't go hand-in-hand with supporting Black lives. So I felt like, just me personally, what is that I believe is taking on a stance that, I do believe that Black lives matter, but I just felt like it was a decision that I had to make, and I didn't feel like putting that shirt on and kneeling went hand in hand with supporting Black lives. I believe that for myself, my life has been supported by gospel, Jesus Christ, and everyone is made in the image of God and that we all forge through God's glory.

Each and every one of us do things that we shouldn't do and say things that we shouldn't say. We hate and dislike things that we shouldn't hate and dislike, and sometimes it gets to a point where we point fingers, whose evil is worse, and sometimes it comes down to whose evil is most visible. So I felt like I wanted to take a stand on, we all make mistakes, but I think that the gospel of Jesus Christ is that there's grace for us, and that Jesus came and died for our sins and that if we all come to an understanding of that and that God wants to have a relationship with us, that we can get kept all of the things in our world that our messed up, jacked up.

I think when you look around, racism isn't the only thing that plagues our society, that plagues our nation, that plagues our world, and I think coming together on that message that we want to get past not only racism but everything that plagues as us as a society, I feel like the answer to that is gospel."​

Now, reasonable minds can disagree over whether or not those comments make any sense, but I dare anyone to find a way to interpret them to mean, as VPM said, "He sees BLM for what it is. It is not about Black Lives. It is about hatred of the U.S. as it is founded."
I think you’re right but the quote from Isaac is borderline nonsensical.

You gonna answer any questions or continue to just piss & moan?
Well, without going into a long explanation, I would say these protests (minus the violent riots, which have been proven to be at least partly the result of groups wanting to shine a bad light on the protestors) have, at a minimum, called attention to the issue. Hell, we have thousands of posts on the topic on this board alone. It's in our news. It's in our sports. It's in our politics. It's in our entertainment. We can debate whether that is good or bad, and both sides may have a good argument, but it's a debate that is happening...and maybe that was the point all along.

Reactions: Morrison
Now wait you are contradicting yourself. You said you didn't know what he was saying that it was nonsensical. Now you are adamant. He didn't say that!!!!
Whatever point he was trying to make, it wasn't what you claimed. You flat out lied. To defend your point, you just linked to an article that was written a month ago that isn't even about Jonathan Isaac.

Reactions: Circlejoe
Whatever point he was trying to make, it wasn't what you claimed. You flat out lied. To defend your point, you just linked to an article that was written a month ago that isn't even about Jonathan Isaac.
Goat, I think you act like a man who is on the wrong side of the issue but don't want to admit it. Let me ask you this, and please answer honestly. Are you for the removal of our U.S. Constitution and starting over from scratch? Let's clear this up because there are folks who agree with BLM on this issue. They think that America is guilty of racism because of it's founding and thus needs to be remade.
I linked the article because of what we were talking about earlier. I did watch a video of Jonathan answering the question of why he didn't kneel. He talked about his Christian faith, the love of God etc.

Goat, I think you act like a man who is on the wrong side of the issue but don't want to admit it. Let me ask you this, and please answer honestly. Are you for the removal of our U.S. Constitution and starting over from scratch? Let's clear this up because there are folks who agree with BLM on this issue. They think that America is guilty of racism because of it's founding and thus needs to be remade.
I linked the article because of what we were talking about earlier. I did watch a video of Jonathan answering the question of why he didn't kneel. He talked about his Christian faith, the love of God etc.
Stop changing the subject. I quoted Isaac's entire answer above. He didn't say anything about BLM being anti-American or anything like that. You lied when you claimed he did.

I have relatives like VPM, who lie so often that they don't even understand that they are lying. Truth to them is all just an opinion.

And for the record, VPM , please don’t put the kiss of death on any IU players by choosing a favorite this year.
Feel horrible for this guy. He’s had more than his share of injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT