ADVERTISEMENT

I am now a Jonathan Isaac fan and hope his Jersey sells out.

So did "people get to act like dipshits" by claiming they didn't like shutdown orders? I don't remember you posting condemning the (pro-Trump) anti lockdown protestors. Many of them were armed, blocked traffic (including ambulances which were trying to access hospitals), and they invaded courthouses/statehouses. That's not "spray painting them", but some people might say it's worse...

Did I just miss all the posts you made expressing outrage at those protestors?

4000.jpg

n_sharp_bidenprotesters_200502_1920x1080.focal-760x428.jpg

You misspelled protesters. Should be spelled a$$holes.

Reactions: meridian
I was warned this was a shitty thread... but Jesus fvcking Christ.....
Seemingly lost in all the shittiness is the fact that VPM started it with - surprise, surprise - a bald-faced lie. Here's what Jonathan Isaac actually said about his decision, word-for-word:

"I believe that Black Lives Matter. A lot went into my decision, and part of it is, I thought that kneeling or wearing the Black Lives Matter t-shirt doesn't go hand-in-hand with supporting Black lives. So I felt like, just me personally, what is that I believe is taking on a stance that, I do believe that Black lives matter, but I just felt like it was a decision that I had to make, and I didn't feel like putting that shirt on and kneeling went hand in hand with supporting Black lives. I believe that for myself, my life has been supported by gospel, Jesus Christ, and everyone is made in the image of God and that we all forge through God's glory.

Each and every one of us do things that we shouldn't do and say things that we shouldn't say. We hate and dislike things that we shouldn't hate and dislike, and sometimes it gets to a point where we point fingers, whose evil is worse, and sometimes it comes down to whose evil is most visible. So I felt like I wanted to take a stand on, we all make mistakes, but I think that the gospel of Jesus Christ is that there's grace for us, and that Jesus came and died for our sins and that if we all come to an understanding of that and that God wants to have a relationship with us, that we can get kept all of the things in our world that our messed up, jacked up.

I think when you look around, racism isn't the only thing that plagues our society, that plagues our nation, that plagues our world, and I think coming together on that message that we want to get past not only racism but everything that plagues as us as a society, I feel like the answer to that is gospel."​

Now, reasonable minds can disagree over whether or not those comments make any sense, but I dare anyone to find a way to interpret them to mean, as VPM said, "He sees BLM for what it is. It is not about Black Lives. It is about hatred of the U.S. as it is founded."

Seemingly lost in all the shittiness is the fact that VPM started it with - surprise, surprise - a bald-faced lie. Here's what Jonathan Isaac actually said about his decision, word-for-word:

"I believe that Black Lives Matter. A lot went into my decision, and part of it is, I thought that kneeling or wearing the Black Lives Matter t-shirt doesn't go hand-in-hand with supporting Black lives. So I felt like, just me personally, what is that I believe is taking on a stance that, I do believe that Black lives matter, but I just felt like it was a decision that I had to make, and I didn't feel like putting that shirt on and kneeling went hand in hand with supporting Black lives. I believe that for myself, my life has been supported by gospel, Jesus Christ, and everyone is made in the image of God and that we all forge through God's glory.

Each and every one of us do things that we shouldn't do and say things that we shouldn't say. We hate and dislike things that we shouldn't hate and dislike, and sometimes it gets to a point where we point fingers, whose evil is worse, and sometimes it comes down to whose evil is most visible. So I felt like I wanted to take a stand on, we all make mistakes, but I think that the gospel of Jesus Christ is that there's grace for us, and that Jesus came and died for our sins and that if we all come to an understanding of that and that God wants to have a relationship with us, that we can get kept all of the things in our world that our messed up, jacked up.

I think when you look around, racism isn't the only thing that plagues our society, that plagues our nation, that plagues our world, and I think coming together on that message that we want to get past not only racism but everything that plagues as us as a society, I feel like the answer to that is gospel."​

Now, reasonable minds can disagree over whether or not those comments make any sense, but I dare anyone to find a way to interpret them to mean, as VPM said, "He sees BLM for what it is. It is not about Black Lives. It is about hatred of the U.S. as it is founded."
Leave it to VPM to **** up and misrepresent an otherwise brave act by a young man who honored his heart.

I don't know if VPM is lying. I think his outlook is warped and he believes that is what Issac meant.
Then again, he could be out and out lying.
Well, that's probably wise of you. I certainly shouldn't pretend to be inside VPM's head. But I will say that his posting history strongly suggests that lying is something that comes very easily to him.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
I can argue with his reasoning. The gospel alone is not sufficient to solve the racism problem in this country. If it were, it would have happened already. God expects his people to take action. To be responsible. To apply what they read in the gospel in terms of how they treat others. The fact is, there is system racism in this country. Just saying the gospel is sufficient is a cop-out.

The only argument you need against religion is that it’s total horseshit.

It is a form of non-violent protest against racism.

How about all these athletes walk out with non-league approved BLM jerseys/uniforms instead? What a statement that would make! But wait, they would get fined for that and cost them money. No. Just go for the "free" kneel.

Or maybe it's unclear to those who can't or won't see.

I thought the whole point was that black lives matter and they're tired of seeing all these black lives lost. I totally get that. Then why don't black people do something about it? Stop all the crime and black on black violence. Stop with the drugs and the guns. Stop the out of wedlock births and lack of father's in the homes (biggest problem in the black community imo). Only black people can fix these problems. No one else.

If we're talking about police violence then career criminals like George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks need to stop resisting arrest and being drunk and high in public. Stop committing felonies, stop resisting arrest, and stop going out in public while high on meth, heroine, pot, etc or being drunk and you won't get shot. There's like 5 of these controversial white black shootings a year it seems and nearly everytime the guy shot was a career criminal and likely a really bad dude. I highly doubt that's a coincidence.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
The act of kneeling during the National Anthem isn't about the BLM organization. If you don't understand that by now, you never will.
BLM is now wedded to kneeling. Those who kneel, and everyone has kneeled so far except for Mr. Isaac does so with BLM stamped on the court. BLM wants a revolution. They are a self identified marxist organization and have only used the issue of race relations to get their chance at that revolution.

I thought the whole point was that black lives matter and they're tired of seeing all these black lives lost. I totally get that. Then why don't black people do something about it? Stop all the crime and black on black violence. Stop with the drugs and the guns. Stop the out of wedlock births and lack of father's in the homes (biggest problem in the black community imo). Only black people can fix these problems. No one else.

If we're talking about police violence then career criminals like George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks need to stop resisting arrest and being drunk and high in public. Stop committing felonies, stop resisting arrest, and stop going out in public while high on meth, heroine, pot, etc or being drunk and you won't get shot. There's like 5 of these controversial white black shootings a year it seems and nearly everytime the guy shot was a career criminal and likely a really bad dude. I highly doubt that's a coincidence.
Shorter dumbhoosier: "They deserved to be killed."

Reactions: UncleMark
BLM is now wedded to kneeling. Those who kneel, and everyone has kneeled so far except for Mr. Isaac does so with BLM stamped on the court. BLM wants a revolution. They are a self identified marxist organization and have only used the issue of race relations to get their chance at that revolution.
So, the NBA is a marxist organization? Victor Oladipo is a marxist? Quinn Buckner is a marxist? Who knew?

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
Didn't say that. But as I was taught from the cradle "if you play with matches you might get burned." The lack of personal responsibility in this country is unbelievable.
No, you didn't say the exact words, but you did say words that meant the same damn thing. Then, you denied saying it. Then you said the same thing again in a different way.

No, you didn't say the exact words, but you did say words that meant the same damn thing. Then, you denied saying it. Then you said the same thing again in a different way.

Clearly English isn't your thing. You better stick to what you're good at. Pointing fingers, playing the blame game, completely ignore solving any problems, call anyone that disagrees with you on anything racist, homophobic, sexist, or dumb. It's the only play you have.

So did "people get to act like dipshits" by claiming they didn't like shutdown orders? I don't remember you posting condemning the (pro-Trump) anti lockdown protestors. Many of them were armed, blocked traffic (including ambulances which were trying to access hospitals), and they invaded courthouses/statehouses. That's not "spray painting them", but some people might say it's worse...

Did I just miss all the posts you made expressing outrage at those protestors?

4000.jpg

n_sharp_bidenprotesters_200502_1920x1080.focal-760x428.jpg
Were you outraged at these protesters?

Dumb.

Reactions: outside shooter
How about all these athletes walk out with non-league approved BLM jerseys/uniforms instead? What a statement that would make! But wait, they would get fined for that and cost them money. No. Just go for the "free" kneel.
:rolleyes:

No it isn’t.

People don’t get to act like dipshits by claiming they don’t like racism. Blocking roads and highways, spray painting courthouses, disturbing peaceful neighborhoods, or forever turning the national anthem into a political protest is not about racism. The notion that people must do these things to bring attention to racism, or to make people “uncomfortable” to advance the anti-racism cause, is pure bullshit. If people think this kind of mob action furthers human rights they are crazy. And I really don’t care how much the NBA, corporate America, or ex-presidents legitimize the behavior, Their behavior says nothing about the cause. These demonstrations are about those who participate in this nonsense not the cause. Committed people like lawyers, authors, educators, community leaders, or even politicians do more to end racism than these mobs, slogans, or kneeling will ever do. Those who engage in that behavior aren’t capable enough to be effective in any meaningful way.
Yes. Actually, it is.

Shorter dumbhoosier: "They deserved to be killed."
Well, some of them, yes. You don’t get to act with impunity, including the police. But it’s interesting that instead of speaking to his points, you choose to divert the discussion to an implication of something else. Go ahead, educate us on why his points are invalid...I’ll expect more snark rather than any intelligent discussion...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT