ADVERTISEMENT

I am now a Jonathan Isaac fan and hope his Jersey sells out.

Well, without going into a long explanation, I would say these protests (minus the violent riots, which have been proven to be at least partly the result of groups wanting to shine a bad light on the protestors) have, at a minimum, called attention to the issue. Hell, we have thousands of posts on the topic on this board alone. It's in our news. It's in our sports. It's in our politics. It's in our entertainment. We can debate whether that is good or bad, and both sides may have a good argument, but it's a debate that is happening...and maybe that was the point all along.
Ok, so they should end then since they have served their purpose?

That dude was high as f**k
He wasn't too high to tell them something like 13 times that he was having problems breathing. One junior officer even suggested that maybe they should roll him over and was told that no, he was staying right where he was. You see them take his pulse, not find one, and do nothing. For minutes!

High or not, it was a flat out intentional, calculated, cold, systematic murder of a human being

He wasn't too high to tell them something like 13 times that he was having problems breathing. One junior officer even suggested that maybe they should roll him over and was told that no, he was staying right where he was. You see them take his pulse, not find one, and do nothing. For minutes!

High or not, it was a flat out intentional, calculated, cold, systematic murder of a human being
yikes, all I said was he was extremely high. Could have died in his sleep. Kids don't do drugs!!

So again, what should precipitate their end?
Knowledge.
I watched the Pacers again today, and Quinn Buckner did a good job of expressing the concept of listening to and hearing people during this time. He said we all only know what we have experienced, so we need to listen to other voices...and learn. He brought up how Doug McDermott and T.J. McConnell have talked about how much they have learned from listening to Malcolm Brogdon and others during the "bubble" in Orlando. It was powerful stuff from Buckner, and I'm positive his views are much more experienced than mine, and I would guess yours, COH's, Van's, and others on this board.

Reactions: brianiu
Knowledge.
I watched the Pacers again today, and Quinn Buckner did a good job of expressing the concept of listening to and hearing people during this time. He said we all only know what we have experienced, so we need to listen to other voices...and learn. He brought up how Doug McDermott and T.J. McConnell have talked about how much they have learned from listening to Malcolm Brogdon and others during the "bubble" in Orlando. It was powerful stuff from Buckner, and I'm positive his views are much more experienced than mine, and I would guess yours, COH's, Van's, and others on this board.
I heard it all. I don’t want cops killing innocent people. Black or white. Now what?

Knowledge.
You keep pontificating, which we don’t need any more of. What needs to happen for this to end? You can’t say because you don’t know, & neither do the protestors, rioters, or vandals, which makes it all a mindless, ridiculous exercise in futility with no answers or solutions. You are all being played for fools.

You keep pontificating, which we don’t need any more of. What needs to happen for this to end? You can’t say because you don’t know, & neither do the protestors, rioters, or vandals, which makes it all a mindless, ridiculous exercise in futility with no answers or solutions. You are all being played for fools.
By whom?

What goal?
And that was the most pontificating post in this whole conversation. Look, not everyone is as enlightened as you. Sometimes, you have to keep ringing the bell to make sure people hear it. Once again, I'm not talking about the rioters. I'm talking about the protestors. I'm talking about the demonstrators. I'm talking about those who take the time to express themselves peacefully. I'm talking about people who make an effort.

Reactions: brianiu
So, which category does Quinn Buckner fall into?
A black person that has likely experienced racism & deserves to be heard when speaking on the matter. Is he still out protesting all these weeks later, or just speaking about racism?

What goal?
We are then closer to the goal of being color blind in police dealings with criminals, if police blanketly stop killing innocent people.

They could still be profiling them, arresting them at a much high rate for the same offenses, being rougher with them, but stopping short of murder is a good baby step indeed

And that was the most pontificating post in this whole conversation. Look, not everyone is as enlightened as you. Sometimes, you have to keep ringing the bell to make sure people hear it. Once again, I'm not talking about the rioters. I'm talking about the protestors. I'm talking about the demonstrators. I'm talking about those who take the time to express themselves peacefully. I'm talking about people who make an effort.
You keep avoiding the question. When & how does it end to their & your satisfaction?

A black person that has likely experienced racism & deserves to be heard when speaking on the matter. Is he still out protesting all these weeks later, or just speaking about racism?

You keep avoiding the question. When & how does it end to their & your satisfaction?

1. I think he was talking about the NBA demonstrations, and how they are making people think. But you would have to ask him.
2. Well, I can't speak to "their" satisfaction, whoever you mean. I know that I would like to live in a world where people are more willing to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. I mean, I guess you may think everyone has had their fun, so it's time to stop and we can all go back to where we were, but I don't think that's going to happen. And if it does, I think the reaction will be even worse after the next incident.

1. I think he was talking about the NBA demonstrations, and how they are making people think. But you would have to ask him.
2. Well, I can't speak to "their" satisfaction, whoever you mean. I know that I would like to live in a world where people are more willing to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. I mean, I guess you may think everyone has had their fun, so it's time to stop and we can all go back to where we were, but I don't think that's going to happen. And if it does, I think the reaction will be even worse after the next incident.
You’re right up there with our POTUS with your ability to use so many words to say nothing. You might as well go back to making snarky posts since you are obviously a member of the mindless mob.

“We want justice!!”
“Ok, how can we give it to you?”
“I don’t know, I’ll tell you when I figure it out, but in the meantime, imma bitch, tear shit up, & label everyone that thinks I’m wrong about it a racist!”

You’re right up there with our POTUS with your ability to use so many words to say nothing. You might as well go back to making snarky posts since you are obviously a member of the mindless mob.

“We want justice!!”
“I don’t know, I’ll tell you when I figure it out, but in the meantime, imma bitch, tear shit up, & label everyone that thinks I’m wrong about it a racist!”

I don’t think anyone is saying that. But no one is going to be able to answer your question of what the protestors want because there isn’t one answer. It’s not the Civil Rights Movement. There is no top down leadership, or not much anyway. These are disparate groups and individuals and there are variations on what they want. Most want some kind of police reform or reorganization. Some want abolition, some think that goes too far. Most wild like to see an end to no knock warrants and certainly police brutality.

“We want justice!!”

Well, I didn't say any of those things.
I fear I have wasted my time trying to have a real discussion with you. I'm afraid I made a huge miscalculation on your intentions. I fear I will have to go ahead and relegate you to the Van, COH, dmb, Stoll, TD, td, Kantos, mishoosier, Ladoga bunch.

I fear I have wasted my time trying to have a real discussion with you. I'm afraid I made a huge miscalculation on your intentions. I fear I will have to go ahead and relegate you to the Van, COH, dmb, Stoll, TD, td, Kantos, mishoosier, Ladoga bunch.
You are certainly prone to miscalculations, but at least you’ve got Kantos on your side. I really couldn’t care less about the labels an intolerant like you puts on me or anyone else...

You are certainly prone to miscalculations, but at least you’ve got Kantos on your side. I really couldn’t care less about the labels an intolerant like you puts on me or anyone else...
Okay, I think we're done here. I fear we didn't reach a consensus, but that's okay. We both participated in the free exchange of ideas, and that's all we can really ever hope for on a message board, right?
Good day, sir (or ma'am).

Man, are you trying to hurt Lucy's feelings?

I didn’t make the cut? :(

ADVERTISEMENT