ADVERTISEMENT

I am now a Jonathan Isaac fan and hope his Jersey sells out.

Jonathan is a fellow Christian and did not bow his knee while all others did. He sees BLM for what it is. It is not about Black Lives. It is about hatred of the U.S. as it is founded.

Isaac is more than welcome to his opinion. No one should be forced to kneel. That said your characterization of BLM is completely crazy. Hating the racism built into Amererica is not the same as hating America.

“I don’t think kneeling or putting on a T-shirt for me personally is the answer,” Isaac said. “Black lives are supported through the gospel, we all have things that we all do wrong. Whose wrong is worse? We all fall short of God’s glory.”

You can’t argue with his reasoning. I feel much the same way. Yet, he’s being shamed all the same.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports...his-explanation-wasnt-nonsense-043917236.html

Isaac is more than welcome to his opinion. No one should be forced to kneel. That said your characterization of BLM is completely crazy. Hating the racism built into Amererica is not the same as hating America.

what racism is left in the structure of America?

those old pipes have been ripped out and new ones put in....tell me racism, other than individuals doing individual things, is actually left in the system?

what racism is left in the structure of America?

those old pipes have been ripped out and new ones put in....tell me racism, other than individuals doing individual things, is actually left in the system?
So, because you haven't experienced it in your lifelong bubble north of 116th street, it doesn't exist?
:rolleyes:

So, because you haven't experienced it in your lifelong bubble north of 116th street, it doesn't exist?
:rolleyes:

For a few months right out of college I sold cars. I was helping a black lady. She looked me dead in the eye and said she would prefer to work with a black sales person. Is that racism or no?

but my question really was more about how is racism actually built into the laws of the country now?

For a few months right out of college I sold cars. I was helping a black lady. She looked me dead in the eye and said she would prefer to work with a black sales person. Is that racism or no?

but my question really was more about how is racism actually built into the laws of the country now?

In the Hmm thread I mention how drug laws are racist. But even outside law there are problems. How about getting a loan? https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...nterparts-face-worse-treatment-more-scrutiny/

How is racism built into the laws? it's not. it's how those laws have a disparate impact: from warrants to bonds to sentencing. i firmly believe classism is the larger issue; but racism is certainly a part of it as well.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
How is racism built into the laws? it's not. it's how those laws have a disparate impact: from warrants to bonds to sentencing. i firmly believe classism is the larger issue; but racism is certainly a part of it as well.
Agreed. And those are things we certainly should be working on.

Agreed. And those are things we certainly should be working on.
of course we should, along with numerous other issues that would be far more impactful than excessive police force. but instead we're going to get a bunch of millennials to shade their instagram accounts, and no-nothing celebs, "Influencers," and athletes to wear BLM t-shirts because it’s just the thing to do in the moment. it's all a shame.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
“I don’t think kneeling or putting on a T-shirt for me personally is the answer,” Isaac said. “Black lives are supported through the gospel, we all have things that we all do wrong. Whose wrong is worse? We all fall short of God’s glory.”

You can’t argue with his reasoning. I feel much the same way. Yet, he’s being shamed all the same.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports...his-explanation-wasnt-nonsense-043917236.html
I can argue with his reasoning. The gospel alone is not sufficient to solve the racism problem in this country. If it were, it would have happened already. God expects his people to take action. To be responsible. To apply what they read in the gospel in terms of how they treat others. The fact is, there is system racism in this country. Just saying the gospel is sufficient is a cop-out.

Reactions: baileyiu
Ta da!

Another VPM found a random black guy he agrees with so anti-racism must be a marxist movement even though he doesn't have clue what marxism is but since the guy is black, it must be profound, thread.

This is so transparently idiotic and socially clueless on a level of idiotic and clueless seldom reached by sentient beings.

Last edited:
I can argue with his reasoning. The gospel alone is not sufficient to solve the racism problem in this country. If it were, it would have happened already. God expects his people to take action. To be responsible. To apply what they read in the gospel in terms of how they treat others. The fact is, there is system racism in this country. Just saying the gospel is sufficient is a cop-out.
Apparently he feels differently.

And that’s not a cop out.

Jonathan is a fellow Christian and did not bow his knee while all others did. He sees BLM for what it is. It is not about Black Lives. It is about hatred of the U.S. as it is founded.

And you’re not a Christian as Christ intended and you’re not about Christianity. You are filled with hate.

If Jesus, as described in the Bible, is accurate in any way, you won’t get anywhere near the Pearly Gates.

Reactions: Circlejoe

Kneeling for the Anthem is not the same thing as hating racism.

Reactions: Crayfish57
He can "feel" however he wants, but thinking would better serve. And it is a cop out because it's an excuse to not care or be engaged in real solutions.
Sorry, but that’s bullshit. You don’t get to tell people what their faith means to them, or what their response to anything means. Especially an African American.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Sorry, but that’s bullshit. You don’t get to tell people what their faith means to them, or what their response to anything means. Especially an African American.
I'm not trying to tell anyone what their faith means to them. He's certainly free to express or not express his beliefs and his faith. And I don't begrudge him for not kneeling. But to say in answer for why he doesn't choose to kneel in essence that the gospel itself is a sufficient answer for equality for black lives is to ignore reality. He said it, not me. You can disagree if you like, that is also your right. But it's not bullshit.

Nah, I'll stick with my Oladipo jersey (or Black LIves Matter as it says on his jersey tonight) instead.
Oh, and Quinn Buckner was all about the demonstration, too.

It is a form of non-violent protest against racism.

No it isn’t.

People don’t get to act like dipshits by claiming they don’t like racism. Blocking roads and highways, spray painting courthouses, disturbing peaceful neighborhoods, or forever turning the national anthem into a political protest is not about racism. The notion that people must do these things to bring attention to racism, or to make people “uncomfortable” to advance the anti-racism cause, is pure bullshit. If people think this kind of mob action furthers human rights they are crazy. And I really don’t care how much the NBA, corporate America, or ex-presidents legitimize the behavior, Their behavior says nothing about the cause. These demonstrations are about those who participate in this nonsense not the cause. Committed people like lawyers, authors, educators, community leaders, or even politicians do more to end racism than these mobs, slogans, or kneeling will ever do. Those who engage in that behavior aren’t capable enough to be effective in any meaningful way.

No it isn’t.

People don’t get to act like dipshits by claiming they don’t like racism. Blocking roads and highways, spray painting courthouses, disturbing peaceful neighborhoods, or forever turning the national anthem into a political protest is not about racism. The notion that people must do these things to bring attention to racism, or to make people “uncomfortable” to advance the anti-racism cause, is pure bullshit. If people think this kind of mob action furthers human rights they are crazy. And I really don’t care how much the NBA, corporate America, or ex-presidents legitimize the behavior, Their behavior says nothing about the cause. These demonstrations are about those who participate in this nonsense not the cause. Committed people like lawyers, authors, educators, community leaders, or even politicians do more to end racism than these mobs, slogans, or kneeling will ever do. Those who engage in that behavior aren’t capable enough to be effective in any meaningful way.

All the things you mentioned have done great things to eliminate racism. Another 10,000 years and maybe we will get there.

Did you see my link about a study on bank loans and people with similar credit scores and incomes but different races? Have you seen the studies on resumes and race? https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minorities-who-whiten-job-resumes-get-more-interviews

Why should people not decide it is time to speed this up?

In order for one to see, they must open their eyes.

Reactions: meridian
No it isn’t.

People don’t get to act like dipshits by claiming they don’t like racism. Blocking roads and highways, spray painting courthouses, disturbing peaceful neighborhoods.

So did "people get to act like dipshits" by claiming they didn't like shutdown orders? I don't remember you posting condemning the (pro-Trump) anti lockdown protestors. Many of them were armed, blocked traffic (including ambulances which were trying to access hospitals), and they invaded courthouses/statehouses. That's not "spray painting them", but some people might say it's worse...

Did I just miss all the posts you made expressing outrage at those protestors?

4000.jpg

n_sharp_bidenprotesters_200502_1920x1080.focal-760x428.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT