ADVERTISEMENT

I’m stuck on the floor with back pain and before long I’m gonna have to piss.

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
So many of my friends and wife have complained of back pain so I guess it was finally my time. This sucks though. I woke up feeling a slight ache, went downstairs and about 20 minutes later I found myself barely able to walk. As I kissed my wife good te she suggested I try and stretch it out. So I slowly moved to the living room and managed to lay down on the floor. My body wouldn’t allow me to do any core exercises or much at all. Almost every turn of my body stops me.
My kids have brought me both ice and a heating pad. I’ve been using both. I’ve also taken 400mg of ibuprofen. I can tell I need to start thinking about getting up or I’ll piss myself.

I’ve been laying here for 3.5 hours. This sucks. Any suggestions? I’m guessing if I was in bed it would be even worse since the mattress is softer than the floor.

So many of my friends and wife have complained of back pain so I guess it was finally my time. This sucks though. I woke up feeling a slight ache, went downstairs and about 20 minutes later I found myself barely able to walk. As I kissed my wife good te she suggested I try and stretch it out. So I slowly moved to the living room and managed to lay down on the floor. My body wouldn’t allow me to do any core exercises or much at all. Almost every turn of my body stops me.
My kids have brought me both ice and a heating pad. I’ve been using both. I’ve also taken 400mg of ibuprofen. I can tell I need to start thinking about getting up or I’ll piss myself.

I’ve been laying here for 3.5 hours. This sucks. Any suggestions? I’m guessing if I was in bed it would be even worse since the mattress is softer than the floor.
Alleve is good for the back pain. I feel for you my friend. I fell about five years ago shoveling snow and fell straight back on the icy hard road. I did damage to my neck and back needing therapy and a chiropractor. Plus I have had problems with my right hand. My three middle fingers don't have as much feeling as they used to. Plus at times my wrist hurts on the side where my thumb is. You might need to see somebody about this if it reoccurs.

I'm not a Dr. but that sounds like a pinched nerve. I've had them in my back or hip where i couldn't walk, intense pain, etc...especially if you didn't have any obvious injury.

Lie on the floor with your knees elevated until it relaxes, smoking a ton of Bubba Kush helps, and when it starts to loosen up talk your wife into letting you do pelvic thrusts .. it will help.

Stop with the ice, use the heating pad only during back spasms.

Reactions: IU40IU and Eppy99
Update. I didn’t piss myself. After about 4.5 hours I called my brother for help. He’s also had back issue. He brought some CBD with THC he bought from Seattle on a visit. After applying it I was able to start moving about 15 minutes later. After working through a lot of pain I got into my feet. After about another 15 minutes against a wall I started walking towards the bathroom. I’m wearing a thermacare heat pad and that’s helping too. The wife dropped off a oral steroid and we’ll see what that does. Def an improvement but not sure what to expect now. Certainly better standing than laying down.
That was some of the worst pain I’ve ever felt.

Lie on the floor with your knees elevated until it relaxes, smoking a ton of Bubba Kush helps, and when it starts to loosen up talk your wife into letting you do pelvic thrusts .. it will help.

Stop with the ice, use the heating pad only during back spasms.

I specifically didn't give any medicinal advice, as the only thing that helped me isn't legally available in some states :)

Reactions: kkott and T.M.P.

My advice to you, is to start drinking heavily.

Reactions: sdhoosier and kkott
Update. I didn’t piss myself. After about 4.5 hours I called my brother for help. He’s also had back issue. He brought some CBD with THC he bought from Seattle on a visit. After applying it I was able to start moving about 15 minutes later. After working through a lot of pain I got into my feet. After about another 15 minutes against a wall I started walking towards the bathroom. I’m wearing a thermacare heat pad and that’s helping too. The wife dropped off a oral steroid and we’ll see what that does. Def an improvement but not sure what to expect now. Certainly better standing than laying down.
That was some of the worst pain I’ve ever felt.

Seattle to the rescue!

Reactions: Eppy99

My advice to you, is to start drinking heavily.

you must be Pre Med!

Back pain sucks. I won't give you advice since I don't know what's causing yours. But I had surgery for a ruptured disk years ago and I still have trouble off and on. Sometimes shit as innocent as bending over to pick up a sock can screw me up for days without warning. Back pain, leg pain, the whole bit.

You have my sympathy. Fortunately, i've reached age 68, and have never had a major back problem. However, Saturday Morning as I got out of Bed, I noticed a small pain in my lower back just above my waist line. It's not constant, but it is one of those aggravating things that flares up when I move certain ways or turn. It tends to get better after I get up and move around. Fortunately, I haven't noticed any pain radiating down my leg, which hopefully means it's not a pinched nerve.
Hopefully, a treatment or two of icy hot, and a couple of days time will solve the problem.

Reactions: Eppy99

One thing I learned when I blew up my knee was that if you think you might have to go, you better head that way. By the time you get to the can, you definitely have to go.

There are so many causes of back pain that it's impossible to give any suggestions about what to do other than to tell you to go see an orthopedic doctor who specializes in backs.

You could have sciatica, resulting from a bulging or herniated disc . . . which side of your body you have pain on can help tell you something about what sort of disc issue you have. I had sciatica and the doc told me I needed to rotate the top of my hips forward, and the same doc told my wife - who had horrible pain from 3 herniated disks - to rotate the top of her hips backwards because how the bulging disc was hitting the nerves for me was different from how the herniated discs were hitting the nerves for her.

One thing I can tell you eight years after having horrific pain (I had to drop myself into a chair . . . I couldn't just sit down) is that walking has been a miracle therapy for me - after getting physical therapy to get the back more flexible first - getting the muscles moving has relieved the pain and created a way for me to flex and strengthen my back to the point where I don't have much pain to deal with any more.

Another issue for me has been making sure that I get enough support for my back when I'm sitting for work or watching TV. Here's a place where you can do fairly well with getting support products: https://relaxtheback.com/collections/supports.

I also got a knee pillow from Bed, Bath and Beyond that I use to sleep at night sometimes when my back is bothering me . . . it looks a lot like this one: https://spinerfect.com/products/orthopedic-leg-pillow-with-memory-foam. It keeps your spine aligned while you're sleeping . . . .

My most emphatic comment is: don't screw around with this. My dad had a spinal fusion back in 1968 - it was experimental surgery then - and he had major problems with his back the rest of his life, which in turn caused him significant life limitations. Backs are forever . . . .

There are so many causes of back pain that it's impossible to give any suggestions about what to do other than to tell you to go see an orthopedic doctor who specializes in backs.

You could have sciatica, resulting from a bulging or herniated disc . . . which side of your body you have pain on can help tell you something about what sort of disc issue you have. I had sciatica and the doc told me I needed to rotate the top of my hips forward, and the same doc told my wife - who had horrible pain from 3 herniated disks - to rotate the top of her hips backwards because how the bulging disc was hitting the nerves for me was different from how the herniated discs were hitting the nerves for her.

One thing I can tell you eight years after having horrific pain (I had to drop myself into a chair . . . I couldn't just sit down) is that walking has been a miracle therapy for me - after getting physical therapy to get the back more flexible first - getting the muscles moving has relieved the pain and created a way for me to flex and strengthen my back to the point where I don't have much pain to deal with any more.

Another issue for me has been making sure that I get enough support for my back when I'm sitting for work or watching TV. Here's a place where you can do fairly well with getting support products: https://relaxtheback.com/collections/supports.

I also got a knee pillow from Bed, Bath and Beyond that I use to sleep at night sometimes when my back is bothering me . . . it looks a lot like this one: https://spinerfect.com/products/orthopedic-leg-pillow-with-memory-foam. It keeps your spine aligned while you're sleeping . . . .

My most emphatic comment is: don't screw around with this. My dad had a spinal fusion back in 1968 - it was experimental surgery then - and he had major problems with his back the rest of his life, which in turn caused him significant life limitations. Backs are forever . . . .
I agree with what you have said, but here is the caveat. My Wife's Son is in his early 50's. He started having back problems when he was in his late 30's. He had a very good Surgeon but went through two major surgeries (may have been fusions) which didn't solve the problem. He was forced to go on Social Security Disability. He has a tremendous amount of problems getting comfortable sitting or standing, but seems to be able to work through it on most days.
The point is when you are dealing with back issues, no matter how good your Health Care Professional is, there is no guarantee of result (maybe more so than other types of non traumatic, non emergency surgeries).

I was down for 6 weeks last summer. 2 courses of Prednisone and a combo of ibuprofen and Tylenol at max dosage let me do PT, which was what I needed for 8 weeks to finally be be pain free. Fun summer!

15 years ago, to almost the day, it happened and that time it was cortisone injections. Get yourself a good physical therapist. That was the key for me.

Ibuprofen is kidneys, acetaminophen is liver. You can take the max daily dose of each for double the pain relief and not do damage as long as it's short term. Ibuprofen at 6 am every 4 hours and acetaminophen at 8 am every 4 hours so they're staggered. As one is wearing off, the other is coming on.

I was down for 6 weeks last summer. 2 courses of Prednisone and a combo of ibuprofen and Tylenol at max dosage let me do PT, which was what I needed for 8 weeks to finally be be pain free. Fun summer!

15 years ago, to almost the day, it happened and that time it was cortisone injections. Get yourself a good physical therapist. That was the key for me.

Ibuprofen is kidneys, acetaminophen is liver. You can take the max daily dose of each for double the pain relief and not do damage as long as it's short term. Ibuprofen at 6 am every 4 hours and acetaminophen at 8 am every 4 hours so they're staggered. As one is wearing off, the other is coming on.
This is a bit sobering. Hope my issues aren’t this severe. Just curious were you caring much extra weight, exercising, etc?

This is a bit sobering. Hope my issues aren’t this severe. Just curious were you caring much extra weight, exercising, etc?

I did a lot of dumb shit as a teenager that has caught up with me.

The first time in 05 I was in the best shape I'd been since college. I was running pickup hoop a couple of times/week and riding around 100 miles/week. I was reffing a men's rec league. Out of nowhere while jogging upcourt trailing a "fast break", I felt a burning shot of pain down the back of my right leg and it went numb below the knee. L5/S1 and a sciatic nerve pinch.

This summer, carrying an extra 20 lbs, I just made an awkward step carrying a canoe over some uneven ground. The next day I was sore and felt like my sleep number was off. The day after that, I couldn't get in the shower. Same leg, but burning down the front with numbness below the knee.

I remember laughing at Wade Boggs in the 80s when he went on the 15 day DL after he hurt his back pulling off one of his boots. Now I get it.

Slip disc? Mid-term, I did a combination of pilates, glucosamine (@1500mg minimum) and physio. The stupid maid had waxed the floor excessively and it accumulated on the soles of my feet as I was about to walk downstairs... flipped and fell backwards one entire flight of stairs.

In the short term? You need to up your ibuprofen by a lot or try axorcia?

I did a lot of dumb shit as a teenager that has caught up with me.

The first time in 05 I was in the best shape I'd been since college. I was running pickup hoop a couple of times/week and riding around 100 miles/week. I was reffing a men's rec league. Out of nowhere while jogging upcourt trailing a "fast break", I felt a burning shot of pain down the back of my right leg and it went numb below the knee. L5/S1 and a sciatic nerve pinch.

This summer, carrying an extra 20 lbs, I just made an awkward step carrying a canoe over some uneven ground. The next day I was sore and felt like my sleep number was off. The day after that, I couldn't get in the shower. Same leg, but burning down the front with numbness below the knee.

I remember laughing at Wade Boggs in the 80s when he went on the 15 day DL after he hurt his back pulling off one of his boots. Now I get it.

I think its not an age thing but an accumulation of injuries as shown by the pro athletes -- I worry when I hit 70 or 80 if I live that long. I have had so many injuries over the years from stupid mountain bike accidents and various other sports.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Slip disc? Mid-term, I did a combination of pilates, glucosamine (@1500mg minimum) and physio. The stupid maid had waxed the floor excessively and it accumulated on the soles of my feet as I was about to walk downstairs... flipped and fell backwards one entire flight of stairs.

In the short term? You need to up your ibuprofen by a lot or try axorcia?

I hope you punished your maid with an over the knee spanking... and that she looks like some of the pics you post... and that you had the foresight to take pics for your AOTF buds... and that you're posting them as I type...

tumblr_ny3e0dRoev1tlfshyo1_400.gif

I hope you punished your maid with an over the knee spanking... and that she looks like some of the pics you post... and that you had the foresight to take pics for your AOTF buds... and that you're posting them as I type...

tumblr_ny3e0dRoev1tlfshyo1_400.gif

I wish. She was about the same age as my mum.

I agree with what you have said, but here is the caveat. My Wife's Son is in his early 50's. He started having back problems when he was in his late 30's. He had a very good Surgeon but went through two major surgeries (may have been fusions) which didn't solve the problem. He was forced to go on Social Security Disability. He has a tremendous amount of problems getting comfortable sitting or standing, but seems to be able to work through it on most days.
The point is when you are dealing with back issues, no matter how good your Health Care Professional is, there is no guarantee of result (maybe more so than other types of non traumatic, non emergency surgeries).
You're right, Crossblock, there is no guarantee of a perfect, or even a good, result. But the odds of getting a good result are much higher the sooner treatment is sought, and all of the options are available.

My dad's surgery was the last ditch option for him . . . had he sought treatment sooner there might have been other treatments available . . . but he was addicted to golf and carrying too much weight . . . and the delay in seeking treatment until he was virtually debilitated cost him.

Damnit, you know better. This is the AOTF: lie!

Here's how I treat my cleaning lady when she fails to please me... the little tart!

tumblr_n4uqctbaxm1tzmf46o1_500.gif

Trust me -- families here survive on domestic helpers. They tend to be like in their early 20s when they come over to work. The wives had caught on -- they tend to be the ones to select the maids nowadays. My neighbour's maid was a hottie, she just went back to Indonesia.
I have met one or two online too ;)

Reactions: sdhoosier and kkott
Trust me -- families here survive on domestic helpers. They tend to be like in their early 20s when they come over to work. The wives had caught on -- they tend to be the ones to select the maids nowadays. My neighbour's maid was a hottie, she just went back to Indonesia.
I have met one or two online too ;)

Early 20s maid? Hmmm, thank you, I needed that!

Reactions: sglowrider

Back or kidney stone?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Back is def better today but I’m on those oral steroid s so we’ll have to see after if the pain is back. Prednisone is no joke. I’m able to move around but there’s still pain and when I stand up from sitting or laying theres def pain. Not nearly as bad as yesterday though when I could barely move from the floor.

Back is def better today but I’m on those oral steroid s so we’ll have to see after if the pain is back. Prednisone is no joke. I’m able to move around but there’s still pain and when I stand up from sitting or laying theres def pain. Not nearly as bad as yesterday though when I could barely move from the floor.

You cant stand up for long and you cant sit for long either? Sound like slipped dics.

I understand you perfectly. I remember I had unsupportable back pain, and I was discouraged. I thought there is nothing that can help me but accidentally I found a site where I bought pills for back pain. Thank God, I found that site that day. I can't make you a diagnosis, but in case you also would like to try the pills I am talking about, then just access http://mypillsontime.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=10 . I hope you will find this information helpful and you will remove your back pain forever. Stay safe and have a wonderful day!

Last edited:
ive had back issues most of my life, and ive found that trying to stretch it out is the worst thing to do. You’re making it worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT