ADVERTISEMENT

Hydroxychloroquine: Dem Rep thanks Pres Trump

mohoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
Florida
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...onavirus-hydroxychloroquine-trump/2955430001/

Asked whether she thinks Trump may have saved her life, Whitsett said: "Yes, I do," and "I do thank him for that."

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/04/06/coronavirus-covid-19-hydroxychloroquine-james-cannizzaro/
“The drug saved my life.”

The 58-year-old had mild asthma and was otherwise healthy. He said he believes he got lucky with the experimental drug, because he was seriously sick early on.

When asked if he has thought about what might have happened if the doctor had not given him that drug, he said, “I think it would have been lights out, I gotta be honest with you.”

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/ma...ays-hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin-saved-him

Jim Santilli said it helped him and he believes it could help others, too.
"I was struggling to breathe. I felt like I was slowly drowning and I was sitting there thinking I'm not going to make it until midnight," he said.

Santilli says the experimental drugs Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin brought him back from the brink. The 38-year old was prescribed the drugs a little more than a week ago at Henry Ford Macomb where he was hospitalized for COVID-19.

He says a doctor told him they'd exhausted treatment options. An infectious disease physician recommended he try both. "He stated at that point for COVID-19 patients they saw a lot of positive results in China and South Korea it would be advantageous to try it," Santilli said. "Right away I saw improvements in a few hours: the gasping for air stopped; a lot of my symptoms went away, and really it was a turning point almost a 180 degree turn as to what I was experiencing."

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...onavirus-hydroxychloroquine-trump/2955430001/

Asked whether she thinks Trump may have saved her life, Whitsett said: "Yes, I do," and "I do thank him for that."

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/04/06/coronavirus-covid-19-hydroxychloroquine-james-cannizzaro/
“The drug saved my life.”

The 58-year-old had mild asthma and was otherwise healthy. He said he believes he got lucky with the experimental drug, because he was seriously sick early on.

When asked if he has thought about what might have happened if the doctor had not given him that drug, he said, “I think it would have been lights out, I gotta be honest with you.”

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/ma...ays-hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin-saved-him

Jim Santilli said it helped him and he believes it could help others, too.
"I was struggling to breathe. I felt like I was slowly drowning and I was sitting there thinking I'm not going to make it until midnight," he said.

Santilli says the experimental drugs Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin brought him back from the brink. The 38-year old was prescribed the drugs a little more than a week ago at Henry Ford Macomb where he was hospitalized for COVID-19.

He says a doctor told him they'd exhausted treatment options. An infectious disease physician recommended he try both. "He stated at that point for COVID-19 patients they saw a lot of positive results in China and South Korea it would be advantageous to try it," Santilli said. "Right away I saw improvements in a few hours: the gasping for air stopped; a lot of my symptoms went away, and really it was a turning point almost a 180 degree turn as to what I was experiencing."

I’m a bit surprised Whitsett used it. Maybe I misinterpreted her severity but it did not seem to be in line with the others?

Major Producer of Hydroxychloroquine Once Paid Michael Cohen Hefty Sum for Access to Trump

President Donald Trump on Sunday once again touted the potential life-saving benefits of treating coronavirus patients with hydroxychloroquine, a powerful anti-malaria drug, despite a dearth of medical professionals or clinical evidence supporting his claims. It just so happens that one of the largest manufacturers of the drug, Novartis, previously paid Trump’s now-incarcerated former personal attorney Michael Cohen more than $1 million for healthcare policy insight following Trump’s election in 2016.

The Swiss drug maker signed a contract that paid Cohen’s newly formed limited-liability corporation Essential Consultants $100,000 per month in February of 2017. After details of the deal were leaked by the now-jailed Michael Avenatti, whose then-client Stormy Daniels was engaged in a legal dispute with the president, the company’s CEO issued a public apology saying Novartis “made a mistake” in contracting with the president’s personal attorney.

Fast forward a few years and Cohen is currently in federal prison serving a three-year sentence for campaign finance violations, tax fraud, and bank fraud. Novartis, on the other hand, just agreed to donate up to 130 million doses of the unproven drug to help fight COVID-19.

Interest in the decades-old drug spiked in March following anecdotal evidence that doctors in Europe and China had seen some success using hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus patients. The president immediately hailed the drug as having “a real chance to be one of the biggest game-changers in the history of medicine.”

The president and his acolytes have continued to push the drug, contradicting the vast majority of medical professionals and, at times, making outright false statements about the drug being approved for coronavirus patients. After erroneously claiming last month that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had green-lit hydroxychloroquine treatment, the president doubled-down on that claim Sunday.

“As you know, they’ve approved it, they gave it a rapid approval,” Trump said.

In fact, the FDA merely issued a limited Emergency Use Authorization to distribute the drug from the national stockpile and explicitly stated that “Chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate are not FDA-approved for treatment of COVID-19.”

Debate over the efficacy of the drug also reportedly led to a heated conflict over the weekend between Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and the president’s trade advisor Peter Navarro (a.k.a Ron Vara).

a2126d6ed3bfb39d112d4400eed3c038.jpg

Reactions: UncleMark
But, but, but...Rachel Maddow say
Major Producer of Hydroxychloroquine Once Paid Michael Cohen Hefty Sum for Access to Trump

President Donald Trump on Sunday once again touted the potential life-saving benefits of treating coronavirus patients with hydroxychloroquine, a powerful anti-malaria drug, despite a dearth of medical professionals or clinical evidence supporting his claims. It just so happens that one of the largest manufacturers of the drug, Novartis, previously paid Trump’s now-incarcerated former personal attorney Michael Cohen more than $1 million for healthcare policy insight following Trump’s election in 2016.

The Swiss drug maker signed a contract that paid Cohen’s newly formed limited-liability corporation Essential Consultants $100,000 per month in February of 2017. After details of the deal were leaked by the now-jailed Michael Avenatti, whose then-client Stormy Daniels was engaged in a legal dispute with the president, the company’s CEO issued a public apology saying Novartis “made a mistake” in contracting with the president’s personal attorney.

Fast forward a few years and Cohen is currently in federal prison serving a three-year sentence for campaign finance violations, tax fraud, and bank fraud. Novartis, on the other hand, just agreed to donate up to 130 million doses of the unproven drug to help fight COVID-19.

Interest in the decades-old drug spiked in March following anecdotal evidence that doctors in Europe and China had seen some success using hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus patients. The president immediately hailed the drug as having “a real chance to be one of the biggest game-changers in the history of medicine.”

The president and his acolytes have continued to push the drug, contradicting the vast majority of medical professionals and, at times, making outright false statements about the drug being approved for coronavirus patients. After erroneously claiming last month that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had green-lit hydroxychloroquine treatment, the president doubled-down on that claim Sunday.

In fact, the FDA merely issued a limited Emergency Use Authorization to distribute the drug from the national stockpile and explicitly stated that “Chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate are not FDA-approved for treatment of COVID-19.”

Debate over the efficacy of the drug also reportedly led to a heated conflict over the weekend between Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and the president’s trade advisor Peter Navarro (a.k.a Ron Vara).

Whitsett: "IDGAF! I AM ALIVE!"

I can't find the link or exact quote, but I think it was similar to that.

FDA Approved
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/30/coronavirus-drugs-hydroxychloroquin-chloroquine/

Gov. Whitmer says she sees 'great potential' with coronovirus drug hydroxychloroquine; Detroit is now leading the nation's first large-scale study

https://m.metrotimes.com/table-and-...s-now-leading-nations-first-large-scale-study

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/hydroxychloroquine-most-effective-coronavirus-treatment-poll/

An international poll of thousands of doctors rated the Trump-touted anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine the best treatment for the novel coronavirus.

https://www.wafb.com/2020/04/06/more-medications-help-treat-symptoms-covid-secured-la-patients/
More medications to help treat symptoms of COVID-19 secured for Louisiana patients

It’s so great that this is working for so many people!

Last edited:

if only doctors had been negotiating our trade deals instead of Wall St, who had absolutely zero interest in the best interests of the country or the majority of the citizenry.

ADVERTISEMENT