ADVERTISEMENT

Husband of Scarborough Employee Rips Trump's 'Vicious Lie'

meridian

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2001
Seattle
Klausutis wrote in his lengthy letter dated May 2:

"President Trump on Tuesday tweeted to his nearly 80 million followers alluding to the repeatedly debunked falsehood that my wife was murdered by her boss, former U.S. Rep. Joe Scarborough. The son of the president followed and more directly attacked my wife by tweeting to his followers as the means of spreading this vicious lie."

IMHO, what Trump and his minions have done and are still doing is bordering criminal. If I were Klausutis, I would sue them for the maximum. It's sad to have lost his dear wife; it is an insult to injury to use this tragic event for a political purpose, and by using such blatant lie.

Where are those so-called God-loving Christian brothers and sisters, who are supporting this evil man? Where are you, Rev Van and his minions? Shouldn't you be condemning this totally unChristian behaviour, thereby demeaning the so-called spirit of Christianity?

"President Trump on Tuesday tweeted to his nearly 80 million followers alluding to the repeatedly debunked falsehood that my wife was murdered by her boss, former U.S. Rep. Joe Scarborough. The son of the president followed and more directly attacked my wife by tweeting to his followers as the means of spreading this vicious lie."

IMHO, what Trump and his minions have done and are still doing is bordering criminal. If I were Klausutis, I would sue them for the maximum. It's sad to have lost his dear wife; it is an insult to injury to use this tragic event for a political purpose, and by using such blatant lie.

Where are those so-called God-loving Christian brothers and sisters, who are supporting this evil man? Where are you, Rev Van and his minions? Shouldn't you be condemning this totally unChristian behaviour, thereby demeaning the so-called spirit of Christianity?

VSM is anything but Christian.

Reactions: sglowrider

But they like his policies. He's anti-illegals (as VPM would say), pro-life (lol), anti-regulation, and they can tell their children to ignore this type of behavior because good parenting will prevent others from acting the same way. We know all parents make it a point to sit their children down for every demeaning tweet and action, plus others' behavior will not have long-term consequences on them and their children.

When involved in a business transaction the lady whose signature was required to close the deal in which I was receiving a commission asked me, "Are you a Christian"?

I replied, "I am trying to be".

Believe it or not, I wasn't being clever. I actually do try to be a Christian. A Christian in terms of what I understand a Christian to be.

By the way, I find many similarities about how people should treat each other in most major religions. We tend to emphasize our differences while ignoring all the things we have in common.

By the way, I find many similarities about how people should treat each other in most major religions. We tend to emphasize our differences while ignoring all the things we have in common.

Not sure if that's a conditioning or environmental but that's how we should approach the world. I always think people are 90% to 95% the same. We all want almost all want the same things in life.

Language, religion etc are relatively small issues when you actually look at the core. They really are just dividers if you allow them to be.

When you look at the world this way it's much easier to get along and hate groups have less of a leg to stand on.

Reactions: hoot1
When involved in a business transaction the lady whose signature was required to close the deal in which I was receiving a commission asked me, "Are you a Christian"?

I replied, "I am trying to be".

Believe it or not, I wasn't being clever. I actually do try to be a Christian. A Christian in terms of what I understand a Christian to be.

The Golden Rule, man. That's where it's at. Christ himself said that, above all others.

Also, if you are trying to be a Christian, then you ARE a Christian. We're all trying. None of us measure up.

dont-hate-on-the-player-hate-on-the-game.jpg

Not sure if that's a conditioning or environmental but that's how we should approach the world. I always think people are 90% to 95% the same. We all want almost all want the same things in life.

Language, religion etc are relatively small issues when you actually look at the core. They really are just dividers if you allow them to be.

When you look at the world this way it's much easier to get along and hate groups have less of a leg to stand on.
Don't know that I agree, though I appreciate your sentiments. I just don't see much evidence that a large subset of the population shares any of the meaningful values of another large subset of the population. Decency, respect, learning, fairness, common good, effort, respect for differences, and good faith are absent from a large group of Americans. If so, I'm not sure you can say we all want the same things.

Reactions: wiede and Rockfish1
Don't know that I agree, though I appreciate your sentiments. I just don't see much evidence that a large subset of the population shares any of the meaningful values of another large subset of the population. Decency, respect, learning, fairness, common good, effort, respect for differences, and good faith are absent from a large group of Americans. If so, I'm not sure you can say we all want the same things.
You damn sure didn’t describe a Lawyer, they don’t have any of those values!

Reactions: Cream&Crimson

I think there is an underlying condition with why they are the way they are now. The divide & conquer game is at play. Plus there have been economic factors that need to be addressed. Lots of anger and disillusion at the current system and state of affairs -- the American dream is further and further away from ever being achieved.

There has to be a re-set. There as been a loss of values of what it means to be an American or a human being and a community.

The realisation of a 95% commonality is a starting point for the re-set.

Reactions: Thyrsis
I think there is an underlying condition with why they are the way they are now. The divide & conquer game is at play. Plus there have been economic factors that need to be addressed. Lots of anger and disillusion at the current system and state of affairs -- the American dream is further and further away from ever being achieved.

There has to be a re-set. There as been a loss of values of what it means to be an American or a human being and a community.

The realisation of a 95% commonality is a starting point for the re-set.
Not sure exactly when politics and ideology became a 24/7 replacement for sports and better pastimes along the lines they are today. I’ve probably got little generosity of spirit for those who’ve purposefully made it so. Take away that layer and people rediscover those commonalities, solve problems without interference of blinkered partisanship, and live better, healthier lives.

Last edited:
Not sure exactly when politics and ideology became a 24/7 replacement for sports and better pastimes along the lines they are today. I’ve probably got little generosity of spirit for those who’ve purposefully made it so. Take away that layer and people rediscover those commonalities, solve problems without interference of blinkered partisanship, and live better, healthier lives.

This approach works when working across cultures/countries too.

Only 5 months until this shit stain upon American history is permanently washed away.
I hope you're right. I'm still boggled that 63 million of us put him there in the first place. Americans have never done anything like it before, and over 90 percent of Republicans still think it was a good idea.

It's fine for people to call me a blinkered partisan, but I've never thought or said about any other Republican what I think and say about Trump. I defy anyone to find someone more obviously unfit in all of our history.

We have a malevolent cartoon character in the White House, while a pandemic rages and we face the possibility of a Greater Depression. For the first time in my 60 years, I am genuinely worried that we, us, the American people, may be too small for our times.

It will be enormously gratifying to me if this is not so, because I have children and I dream for them. It's vitally important that you're right about the 2020 election, and nothing would make me happier than to celebrate how right you were and how silly I was to be this worried.

I hope you're right. I'm still boggled that 63 million of us put him there in the first place. Americans have never done anything like it before, and over 90 percent of Republicans still think it was a good idea.

It's fine for people to call me a blinkered partisan, but I've never thought or said about any other Republican what I think and say about Trump. I defy anyone to find someone more obviously unfit in all of our history.

We have a malevolent cartoon character in the White House, while a pandemic rages and we face the possibility of a Greater Depression. For the first time in my 60 years, I am genuinely worried that we, us, the American people, may be too small for our times.

It will be enormously gratifying to me if this is not so, because I have children and I dream for them. It's vitally important that you're right about the 2020 election, and nothing would make me happier than to celebrate how right you were and how silly I was to be this worried.
Ah you’ll be happy. I’d bet almost anything. Think how close Wisconsin, penn, and mich were last election. Independents are fickle. It’s unlikely there will be much of an economic recovery by nov, very possible we’re in the throes of a second wave of Covid, and independents will have grown tired of backing the guy overseeing the foregoing mess. Honestly, I’d be surprised if it’s even close.

Reactions: twenty02
Here's how I'd feel toasting your perspicacity.

I don't see a path to Trump victory. He's nowhere close to competitive in a single state that he lost. And is in the hole in a laundry list of states that he won.

5 months is a long way to go... but I don't sense there being much in the way of undecided voters floating around. It's a pure referendum election on Trump. Biden basically doesn't even matter.

Ah you’ll be happy. I’d bet almost anything. Think how close Wisconsin, penn, and mich were last election. Independents are fickle. It’s unlikely there will be much of an economic recovery by nov, very possible we’re in the throes of a second wave of Covid, and independents will have grown tired of backing the guy overseeing the foregoing mess. Honestly, I’d be surprised if it’s even close.
I don't see a path to Trump victory. He's nowhere close to competitive in a single state that he lost. And is in the hole in a laundry list of states that he won.

5 months is a long way to go... but I don't sense there being much in the way of undecided voters floating around. It's a pure referendum election on Trump. Biden basically doesn't even matter.
Sometimes I love other people's opinions.

I'm feeling a real weakening in his support among his past supporters. The more things go downhill with the economy and Covid, and the more unhinged he gets, the more people turn away, some simply out of disgust. These recent murder insinuations seem to be really beyond the pale to some who might otherwise shrug off his lesser outrages. Now he wants to "regulate" or "close down" social media... He's not helping himself with that, even with those who buy into the whole Fake News shtick. He's lost Coulter, he's lost Drudge, Fox is softening up on him...

I'm feeling a real weakening in his support among his past supporters. The more things go downhill with the economy and Covid, and the more unhinged he gets, the more people turn away, some simply out of disgust. These recent murder insinuations seem to be really beyond the pale to some who might otherwise shrug off his lesser outrages. Now he wants to "regulate" or "close down" social media... He's not helping himself with that, even with those who buy into the whole Fake News shtick. He's lost Coulter, he's lost Drudge, Fox is softening up on him...
But he'll always have the VSM's of the world.

When you are so vile and incompetent that you lose Coulter (Rehab Barbie), one of the more vile and disgusting personalities out there, it’s hard to describe. Imagine watching one Klan leader fighting another for being “too racist”. Who do you cheer for in that one?

Reactions: Morrison
Josh Hawley: "It's pretty simple: if twitter and google and the rest are going to editorialize and censor and act like traditional publishers, they should be treated like traditional publishers and stop receiving the special carve out from the federal government in Section 230"

It’s the economy stupid. Like it or not, that is almost always the single biggest factor in a presidential election. And ours will be in the chitter. Even if the administration handled this perfectly, it would still be bad.

Plus, I don’t see the guy pulling ANOTHER inside straight, while folks that normally vote blue stop paying attention, and don’t vote again.

And, this time he has an actual record. And it exposes him. He promised everything to everybody, and has done little outside of Placing more federalist society leaning judges and restricting immigration. The base LOVES that- but the rest of the country doesn’t care.

In short, the circumstances are much worse for him this time around. And the support From independents & rule of law loving republicans that he has to have isn’t going to be there this time.

I could be wrong about all of this, but there’s too much for him to overcome this time.

Josh Hawley: "It's pretty simple: if twitter and google and the rest are going to editorialize and censor and act like traditional publishers, they should be treated like traditional publishers and stop receiving the special carve out from the federal government in Section 230"

serious question: when did it become acceptable to create/spread demonstrably untrue assertions? I’m not talking “spin”. I’m talking outright lies.

What twitter did was LONG overdue. He’s been able to distort reality for far too long without anyone calling him on it.

Now, if we can just get the press to do the same at briefings.

serious question: when did it become acceptable to create/spread demonstrably untrue assertions? I’m not talking “spin”. I’m talking outright lies.

What twitter did was LONG overdue. He’s been able to distort reality for far too long without anyone calling him on it.

Now, if we can just get the press to do the same at briefings.
I agree with Hawley that they should be treated like traditional publishers....that's all

I agree with Hawley that they should be treated like traditional publishers....that's all

It's an interesting conversation. Say that someone goes into a Walmart and starts bothering people by insisting that President Trump had Jeffery Epstein killed so that his past sex crimes wouldn't be revealed. If Walmart tells that person to stop spreading false conspiracy theories or they'll be removed from the store, should Walmart be treated like a traditional publisher?

It's an interesting conversation. Say that someone goes into a Walmart and starts bothering people by insisting that President Trump had Jeffery Epstein killed so that his past sex crimes wouldn't be revealed. If Walmart tells that person to stop spreading false conspiracy theories or they'll be removed from the store, should Walmart be treated like a traditional publisher?
Wal-Mart isn't in the publishing biz.

ADVERTISEMENT