ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Helene - she's going to be on expensive bitch

I just flew over the top of the old girl. She was amazingly beautiful at 37,000'. Amazing that the sky was smooth as glass over all of that chaos. That is why Hurricanes must have women's names. There's always unexpected chaos, you just have to find the layer of calm that you can deal with. Or if not, explode a nuke is a perfect option when they get too crazy!
(your sister prefers chocolate flavored feminine hygiene products!)

Wind is picking up and it’s raining like a sumbitch. Main part is just south of us and getting ready to pound us. Hearing little sticks and twigs hitting the house. Hoping all these big, old pines and other trees can bear the brunt.
0433 - light over the stove flickering, but TV is fine. May lose electricity and internet soon. Gotta think of a good wind song . . .

Reactions: BigMobe
Get used to it. Global warming making water on ocean floors warmer which means hurricanes aren’t diminishing as the approach land. Helene rs causing hurricane strength winds well into Georgia which never happens (from the gulf side). Then of course warmer and more humid air over land fails to slow it down

Last edited:
What in the hell are you doing up at this ungodly hour? I know why I’m up; sounds like someone is drumming on the southern side of the house. But the big yellow/red blob on the radar that was headed here has moved more towards Augusta, so the rain is lessening. Wind is still out there.

2 am every morning during the weekday, I'm up for work.

Stay safe today... glad it seems like the big red blob is gonna (hopefully) miss ya.

2 am every morning during the weekday, I'm up for work.

Stay safe today... glad it seems like the big red blob is gonna (hopefully) miss ya.
Thanks.

Mainly wind now. Hearing there are 70+ mph winds around Augusta. A weird splinter arm looks like it’s rapidly circling south from Atlanta and will then continue its rotation towards us and then we’re done.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Thanks.

Mainly wind now. Hearing there are 70+ mph winds around Augusta. A weird splinter arm looks like it’s rapidly circling south from Atlanta and will then continue its rotation towards us and then we’re done.

Atlanta here. It feels weird outside.

Thanks.

All good?

Get used to it. Global warming making water on ocean floors warmer which means hurricanes aren’t diminishing as the approach land. Helene rs causing hurricane strength winds well into Georgia which never happens (from the gulf side). Then of course warmer and more humid air over land fails to slow it down
Take a Xanax and settle down. ACE has been relatively stable for 50 years.

global_running_ace.png

Never imagined I’d experience tropical storm force winds all the way in the NE corner of GA. That was impressive. I truly can’t fathom 100+ mph winds on the coast

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Never imagined I’d experience tropical storm force winds all the way in the NE corner of GA. That was impressive. I truly can’t fathom 100+ mph winds on the coast

It looked like hurricane strength winds were going to reach Atlanta. Crazy. I remember how much fan hurricane parties were in S. Florida. Looks like they are on their way here.

It looked like hurricane strength winds were going to reach Atlanta. Crazy. I remember how much fan hurricane parties were in S. Florida. Looks like they are on their way here.
A surprisingly fast moving storm compared to the slow churners.

Reactions: All4You
Glad to hear you are OK Univee. Stay safe down there.
As long as we can walk down the cart path to our course’s bar/restaurant for Friday happy hour and the best double smashburger around all is good.

Went last night before everything hit, when we thought they should have closed the place. Most of the employees have a bit of a drive. We told our bar team and the chef they could stay at our place if they didn’t close early. Sat the last reservation at 8:15 and I told the server when she came to the bar with the drink order that I’d go over and tell ‘em to chew fast so everyone could clear out.

September 14, 2008 - just before the Ryder Cup started at Valhalla - the remnants of Hurricane Ike hit here. 400,000 homes lost power - most even until the January 2009 ice storm. We were out for 9 days both times.

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66
lol, MAGA bumpkins saying……
You are woefully uninformed.

And a newbie.

Shove that MAGA tripe up your ass - where the propaganda you spew originates. Your first original idea has not yet been spawned. You are an Untellectual. A unithinker. You puke out memes and sound bites and TV news breaking alerts. And even your troll game is weak.

When you were dropped on your head as a child, were those accidents or on purpose?

You are woefully uninformed.

And a newbie.

Shove that MAGA tripe up your ass - where the propaganda you spew originates. Your first original idea has not yet been spawned. You are an Untellectual. A unithinker. You puke out memes and sound bites and TV news breaking alerts. And even your troll game is weak.

When you were dropped on your head as a child, were those accidents or on purpose?

Don’t forget to drink your bleach MAGA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT