ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter is a HUGE disappointment!

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
Wth is up with Hunter? Is he completely different in practice? He does little to nothing in games that warrants him any playing time. If he could just contribute 7-8pts per game it would be huge for us but we can't count on him for anything at this stage. He looks like a lost puppy out on the court. This guy was a very highly regarded recruit and scored like crazy in high school. I know he had a significant physical setback as a freshman but that was a few years ago. Zero confidence I guess because with his size and supposed scoring ability he should be able give us something.

playing out of position for starters. He's not a 4. Never has been. Slow footed on defense out on the perimeter, and not a post defender. But on the offensive side of the ball...yeah, I was expecting his breakout year to be now. Our hopes this year included a healthy Brunk (because we need his size and 5 fouls) and Hunter developing. Neither have happened and we are seeing the results, unfortunately. Throw in Al and Rob playing like subpar B1G guards, and you have the makings for yet another sub .500 B1G season. And more bubble talk in Feb (if we're lucky). Exactly what we said would not be acceptable a few months ago.

Wth is up with Hunter? Is he completely different in practice? He does little to nothing in games that warrants him any playing time. If he could just contribute 7-8pts per game it would be huge for us but we can't count on him for anything at this stage. He looks like a lost puppy out on the court. This guy was a very highly regarded recruit and scored like crazy in high school. I know he had a significant physical setback as a freshman but that was a few years ago. Zero confidence I guess because with his size and supposed scoring ability he should be able give us something.
I think it's a Mo Creek 2.0 situation, and probably AM has more latitude this year during COVID and lowered expectations than to ask the kid to transfer out right now. Is what it is, but I don't think he'll ever be what we hoped for, not here at least

I wasn’t that impressed when I saw him play in high school to be honest.
What little I watched him in HS, I thought he would end up being a very good player for us. It's obvious that whatever condition he has, he's not fully recovered from and maybe never will be the same potential again. Not his fault, but if he's trying on this $hit roster and able to contribute anything, even fouls, hard to see why AM would want to push him out. He's probably NOT going to be over-recruited, even given his situation ... so, it really isn't his fault, and we're not likely to get a player with more potential, let him try and play out of it.

Reactions: mk23 and baileyiu
What little I watched him in HS, I thought he would end up being a very good player for us. It's obvious that whatever condition he has, he's not fully recovered from and maybe never will be the same potential again. Not his fault, but if he's trying on this $hit roster and able to contribute anything, even fouls, hard to see why AM would want to push him out. He's probably NOT going to be over-recruited, even given his situation ... so, it really isn't his fault, and we're not likely to get a player with more potential, let him try and play out of it.
You're a clueless clown ...

Reactions: eddy4iu
I would like to see Archie commit one or two games to Hunter and see what happens. Play him at least 30 minutes, get at least 12 shots, and assess the results. This team is not competing for a championship, so it would worth this experiment to see what the ROI is. Same goes for Lander. Commit a game or two to him, let’s see how he does. Archie knows what he had in Rob and Al.

Reactions: ericrossiu
You're a clueless clown ...
So ... you though he would suck when he signed? Why did AM recruit him then? Romeo lauded his game before all the $hit happened to him and he was a top 50 recruit. His situation is unfortunate, like I said, sort of Mo Creek 2.0. I don't blame AM for not trying to encourage a transfer, that would be heartless when we suck anyway this year and probably till the end of his tenure next March. What is your deal?, it's not the kid's fault and I don't blame AM for honoring his scholarship as he should

I would like to see Archie commit one or two games to Hunter and see what happens. Play him at least 30 minutes, get at least 12 shots, and assess the results. This team is not competing for a championship, so it would worth this experiment to see what the ROI is. Same goes for Lander. Commit a game or two to him, let’s see how he does. Archie knows what he had in Rob and Al.
I totally agree

You have to remember the Archie Factor in all of this. Once he gets a hold of a player, it’s all downhill from there.
Tell that to 3* Armaan Franklin who is our best guard or 3* Galloway, who is one of the better looking freshmen. To me, Franklin and Galloway have better basketball IQ. Throw in TJD and it’s the younger guys of Archie’s team that are their strength. Perhaps it just took him a few recruiting classes to get the kind of players he needs.

Tell that to 3* Armaan Franklin who is our best guard or 3* Galloway, who is one of the better looking freshmen. To me, Franklin and Galloway have better basketball IQ. Throw in TJD and it’s the younger guys of Archie’s team that are their strength. Perhaps it just took him a few recruiting classes to get the kind of players he needs.

Armann will fall back to his normal baseline soon. I don’t expect his mini breakout to continue. Galloway looks like he is frightened to shoot. He drove the ball inside yesterday and didn’t look to take the ball to the rim at any time. Archie must have spooked him.

Reactions: mk23
That's what libtards like him do on a daily basis. They don't like or allow a differing opinion. Welcome to the the new Communist America for the next four years.
Thanks for defending me against his unreasoned, unjustified, and ridiculous response, but I'm pretty liberal politically too. I am not liberal about bad BBall though, in fact, a staunch conservative in that regard, and what I see, I don't like. We can all agree on some things

Reactions: Lucy01
Much of IU's issues are not just shooting, but basketball IQ. This is something normally IU has and usually get from recruiting instate players, but we are lacking it bad and it shows.

Much of IU's issues are not just shooting, but basketball IQ. This is something normally IU has and usually get from recruiting instate players, but we are lacking it bad and it shows.
So your point is the state of Indiana is no longer a source of high IQ players? (I thought it was kind of a snobbish observation anyway). Most of our roster are from Indiana.

With Smith & Green & former players like Josh Newkirk gone, I don't think lack of basketball IQ is much of a factor. That's a much bigger issue with some of the players at MSU & Nebraska, as an example.

Who exactly among our top 10 players would you label as a 'dumb player'?

No...the problems, imo, relate instead to lack of ability and/or motivation and/or experience.

With Smith & Green & former players like Josh Newkirk gone, I don't think lack of basketball IQ is much of a factor. That's a much bigger issue with some of the players at MSU & Nebraska, as an example.

No...the problems, imo, relate instead to lack of ability and/or motivation and/or experience.
My point was to not name players names....It is clear to me and the record reflects it.

So your point is the state of Indiana is no longer a source of high IQ players? (I thought it was kind of a snobbish observation anyway). Most of our roster are from Indiana.
Indiana is a great place and one of the smartest players is from Indiana. Not snobbish, but if you can't see it then what do you think the problem is?

I'd kill to have Devonte Green back this year... IQ or not

lol. Juwan Morgan would probably like a word. Archie changed his entire career.

changed his pro career, he never got Juwan to the tourney. With him as a senior and the best player that Indiana has ever seen on the same roster! But Romeo was hurt, and we were lucky he graced us with his presence.

Reactions: SoccerSammy
I think you nailed it when you said basketball IQ. I was watching some of Iowa and Northwestern last night and it's amazing how much the players adjust and talk on the floor without looking for direction from the coach for everything. I watch IU and the players are either to afraid to make decisions on the floor and so they freeze instead of going for it or they just don't know what they are doing.

Reactions: hoosier48
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT