ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter injury.....

victorbear

All-Big Ten
Sep 28, 2005
.....any Orthopedic surgeons lurking. I wonder if Hunter is suffering from compartment syndrome of lower leg? Cleveland Clinic seems to specialize in that. Thoughts, if so doesn’t look good for next year.

Think Chris Bosh's injury...
If he's healthy..Some IU fans will like him more than Romeo. imo Play's with an attitude on both ends .
He D up Romeo at H.H. and made him look very average..
Let's be honest H.H.is nothing more than a glorified pick up game..
Hunter took it more serious than Romeo probably would have liked..

People speculated blood clots - so in reading about compartment syndrome it very well could be.

We have no clue who will be on the team next year, and what their health will be.....so you are just making blind guesses.

I'm blind guessing we see a lot of new faces.
I have no reason to expect Hunter will miss next year. With Hunter and Thompson healthy, I expect to see less of Smith and much less of Green. That would have helped us this year. Archie was forced to live with Smith and the bad drives into the heart of the defense. Smith and Green might never be players that can be trusted to make the right play.

I predict Durham will be further ahead of Green than he has become this year. Franklin might find himself playing before Green. The surprise player next year could be Davis and I like Forrester's attitude.

As far as players leaving. There are two that I wouldn't miss and another that I don't see ever playing if Archie continues recruiting top 10 classes.

Compartment syndrome seems like as good of a guess as any. Whatever it is, I hope he's recovering well and makes a full recovery. Even if he never plays a second of basketball for IU I hope it is nothing that will affect him the rest off of life.

I have no reason to expect Hunter will miss next year. With Hunter and Thompson healthy, I expect to see less of Smith and much less of Green. That would have helped us this year. Archie was forced to live with Smith and the bad drives into the heart of the defense. Smith and Green might never be players that can be trusted to make the right play.

I predict Durham will be further ahead of Green than he has become this year. Franklin might find himself playing before Green. The surprise player next year could be Davis and I like Forrester's attitude.

As far as players leaving. There are two that I wouldn't miss and another that I don't see ever playing if Archie continues recruiting top 10 classes.
I also think we will see 2 or 3 guys from this years team not be on next years roster

.....any Orthopedic surgeons lurking. I wonder if Hunter is suffering from compartment syndrome of lower leg? Cleveland Clinic seems to specialize in that. Thoughts, if so doesn’t look good for next year.
From the Mayo Clinic:
“Chronic exertional compartment syndrome is an exercise-induced muscle and nerve condition that causes pain, swelling and sometimes disability in the affected muscles of the legs or arms. Anyone can develop the condition, but it's more common in young adult runners and athletes who participate in activities that involve repetitive impact.

Chronic exertional compartment syndrome may respond to nonoperative treatment and activity modification. If nonoperative treatment doesn't help, your doctor might recommend surgery. Surgery is successful for many people and might allow you to return to your sport.”

If this is it, it looks as though the prognosis isn’t terrible and it seems treatable. Although, “might allow you to return” leaves some doubt.

Reactions: minneman
From the Mayo Clinic:
“Chronic exertional compartment syndrome is an exercise-induced muscle and nerve condition that causes pain, swelling and sometimes disability in the affected muscles of the legs or arms. Anyone can develop the condition, but it's more common in young adult runners and athletes who participate in activities that involve repetitive impact.

Chronic exertional compartment syndrome may respond to nonoperative treatment and activity modification. If nonoperative treatment doesn't help, your doctor might recommend surgery. Surgery is successful for many people and might allow you to return to your sport.”

If this is it, it looks as though the prognosis isn’t terrible and it seems treatable. Although, “might allow you to return” leaves some doubt.
More:

Surgical options

A surgical procedure called fasciotomy is the most effective treatment of chronic exertional compartment syndrome. It involves cutting open the inflexible tissue encasing each of the affected muscle compartments (fascia). This relieves the pressure.

Sometimes, a fasciotomy can be performed through small incisions and this may reduce recovery time so that you can return to your regular sport or activity sooner.

Although surgery is effective for most people, it's not without risk and, in some cases, it may not completely alleviate symptoms associated with chronic exertional compartment syndrome. Complications of the surgery can include infection, permanent nerve damage, numbness, weakness, bruising and scarring.

More:

Surgical options

A surgical procedure called fasciotomy is the most effective treatment of chronic exertional compartment syndrome. It involves cutting open the inflexible tissue encasing each of the affected muscle compartments (fascia). This relieves the pressure.

Sometimes, a fasciotomy can be performed through small incisions and this may reduce recovery time so that you can return to your regular sport or activity sooner.

Although surgery is effective for most people, it's not without risk and, in some cases, it may not completely alleviate symptoms associated with chronic exertional compartment syndrome. Complications of the surgery can include infection, permanent nerve damage, numbness, weakness, bruising and scarring.
Be interesting to know if he had this condition in high school.

Next year is looking like a repeat of Crean year 1. I hope I'm wrong, but it's looking like it will take through year 5 just to have an idea of what we have in Miller.
This is only the 1st Archie recruiting class.

From the Mayo Clinic:

The outcome of surgery for chronic compartment syndrome is "iffy." Long-distance runners seem to have better results than others. Initial work on this was done by Dr. William Turnipseed at University of Wisconsin, Madison, if you are interested in reading.

The outcome of surgery for chronic compartment syndrome is "iffy." Long-distance runners seem to have better results than others. Initial work on this was done by Dr. William Turnipseed at University of Wisconsin, Madison, if you are interested in reading.
and by his colleague, dr. jonathan appleseed

Last edited:
Reactions: glidresquirrel
Next year is looking like a repeat of Crean year 1. I hope I'm wrong, but it's looking like it will take through year 5 just to have an idea of what we have in Miller.
It basically will be a repeat and making the NCAA will be an incredible task. Yes it probably will be 5 years just to know if Fred made another mistake or not.

Don't give me that horsecrap...people like you said the exact same thing last year. Realistically we are the same or worse. You pump so much sunshine up your ass I bet you glow at night

Poor snowflake can't take the heat of a rebuild. Always doom and gloom. Archie has had recruiting class. It takes time to change a culture. Take your hot take emotions elsewhere feeble boy

Reactions: hondo314
Don't give me that horsecrap...people like you said the exact same thing last year. Realistically we are the same or worse. You pump so much sunshine up your ass I bet you glow at night

that qualifies as pumping sunshine? lol

you keen basketball minds, who have deemed Archie's whole career a failure after the last 10 games, sure have itchy trigger fingers. god forbid anyone have hope or think archie might do here something like what he previously did for 6 years at Dayton. GOD FORBID IT. those are fighting words. much easier to just type some bullshit here literally 100 times daily.

you guys really suck at this being a fan thing. oh ya, lot's of you aren't fans...

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
It basically will be a repeat and making the NCAA will be an incredible task. Yes it probably will be 5 years just to know if Fred made another mistake or not.

weird speculation based on the fact that Glass has hired exactly one basketball coach at IU but go on typing this literally 100s of times day if it makes you feel less lonely. we're here for you, brah!

Poor snowflake can't take the heat of a rebuild. Always doom and gloom. Archie has had recruiting class. It takes time to change a culture. Take your hot take emotions elsewhere feeble boy

Please....only the IU culture tolerates mediocre results like this because “jeepers, we have good kids that go to class, our APR is great and we do things the right way with upstanding coaches, so that’s good enough. We didn’t win but we gave it our best today! Mayberry, Bloomington U.S.A.”

Meanwhile, assholes and guys who flirt with the grey areas are the kings of college basketball! I’m looking at Dollar Bill Self and the other guy who harbors rapists in his basement and how the nation loves them. They get the press and the players.

Good guys don’t win. I don’t exactly know what Archie’s “culture” is but it better have accountability, high expectations and some kind of edge to it.

Reactions: stollcpa
Please....only the IU culture tolerates mediocre results like this because “jeepers, we have good kids that go to class, our APR is great and we do things the right way with upstanding coaches, so that’s good enough. We didn’t win but we gave it our best today! Mayberry, Bloomington U.S.A.”

Meanwhile, assholes and guys who flirt with the grey areas are the kings of college basketball! I’m looking at Dollar Bill Self and the other guy who harbors rapists in his basement and how the nation loves them. They get the press and the players.

Good guys don’t win. I don’t exactly know what Archie’s “culture” is but it better have accountability, high expectations and some kind of edge to it.

IT BETTER! hope i can get to bed after reading all this BOLD TALK. lol

Think Chris Bosh's injury...
If he's healthy..Some IU fans will like him more than Romeo. imo Play's with an attitude on both ends .
He D up Romeo at H.H. and made him look very average..
Let's be honest H.H.is nothing more than a glorified pick up game..
Hunter took it more serious than Romeo probably would have liked..

Big issue for Romeo taking real games serious too.

Rather lose every game than win by cheating or playing in that gray area

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT