ADVERTISEMENT

Human trafficking sting nabs 339 in California

Nothing to see here. Libs only care about women when it fits their agenda. Obvious by lack of coverage by media outlets. Makes DT look like he actually is doing the right thing. God forbid that.

Reactions: hoosboot
Nothing to see here. Libs only care about women when it fits their agenda. Obvious by lack of coverage by media outlets. Makes DT look like he actually is doing the right thing. God forbid that.
Lol. Sure it does. Not a single word here on the shooting in Aurora yesterday. Why? Because it’s such a common occurrence it’s barely newsworthy. And Donnie and the rest of the GOP can’t talk about it because they can’t make their NRA sponsors and fellow Russian CO conspirators mad. That’s our real national emergency.

What is Trump doing the right thing on? The vast majority of human trafficking in sex are Americans. From a DOJ report through Wiki:

1. 83% of victims in confirmed sex-trafficking incidents were identified as U.S. citizens, while most confirmed labor-trafficking victims were identified as undocumented immigrants (67%) or legal immigrants (28%).

Reactions: hoosboot
I wonder how many were actually trafficked vs prostitutes?
Nothing in that article said anything about the workers being immigrants, either.

I sense a tendency now to call run of the mill prostitution rings "sex trafficking" or "human trafficking". That may be accurate technically, but what comes to my mind when I hear that phrase is the implication that the women are brought in from outside the country rather than just being part of a home grown prostitution ring.

What is Trump doing the right thing on? The vast majority of human trafficking in sex are Americans. From a DOJ report through Wiki:

1. 83% of victims in confirmed sex-trafficking incidents were identified as U.S. citizens, while most confirmed labor-trafficking victims were identified as undocumented immigrants (67%) or legal immigrants (28%).

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and CAST are doing the right thing, but that isn't as catchy. :rolleyes:

Reactions: baileyiu
Lol. Sure it does. Not a single word here on the shooting in Aurora yesterday. Why? Because it’s such a common occurrence it’s barely newsworthy. And Donnie and the rest of the GOP can’t talk about it because they can’t make their NRA sponsors and fellow Russian CO conspirators mad. That’s our real national emergency.
Something tells me your side hasn’t started a thread about the Aurora shooting because the shooter was black. Otherwise you all would’ve been fighting each other to post the biggest gun control zinger.

Nothing in that article said anything about the workers being immigrants, either.

I sense a tendency now to call run of the mill prostitution rings "sex trafficking" or "human trafficking". That may be accurate technically, but what comes to my mind when I hear that phrase is the implication that the women are brought in from outside the country rather than just being part of a home grown prostitution ring.

Begs the question, should prostitution be illegal if trafficking is not involved?

One thing about the internet is that it is very easy to find reports that substantiate any view a person wants to take on a topic. The stats above are from a report from the 2011 time frame. The data below reports statistics from 2017.

http://humantraffickingsearch.org/human-trafficking-statistics-2017/
Top States for Human Trafficking
Human trafficking occurs in every state. California (1,305), Texas (792), and Florida (604) received the highest number of reported cases. This is due, in part, to their large populations, high immigrant populations, and status as border/entry states. Though these states are the top three states for human trafficking according to the NHTH, they use all of the tools at their disposal to address the issue and each received Polaris’ highest rating for confronting trafficking in 2014, the last year the state ratings were published.

One thing about the internet is that it is very easy to find reports that substantiate any view a person wants to take on a topic. The stats above are from a report from the 2011 time frame. The data below reports statistics from 2017.

http://humantraffickingsearch.org/human-trafficking-statistics-2017/
Human trafficking occurs in every state. California (1,305), Texas (792), and Florida (604) received the highest number of reported cases. This is due, in part, to their large populations, high immigrant populations, and status as border/entry states. Though these states are the top three states for human trafficking according to the NHTH, they use all of the tools at their disposal to address the issue and each received Polaris’ highest rating for confronting trafficking in 2014, the last year the state ratings were published.

But it does not say anything about what percentage are not citizens.

True but this data kinda proves the point, No?

Human trafficking occurs in every state. California (1,305), Texas (792), and Florida (604) received the highest number of reported cases. This is due, in part, to their large populations, high immigrant populations, and status as border/entry states.

Not really. California is far and away the biggest state and one that teenage American girls are likely to run away to. Florida doesn't border any foreign country, and does it have more enter points than NY (not on the list and borders Canada). It seems that a lot of people being sex trafficked are taken to places where there are big events (Super Bowl is always mentioned). The warm states seem to have a lot more of those type of events.

And Florida being on the list suggests that if they are coming in from outside the country, a wall isn't going to stop them.

Something tells me your side hasn’t started a thread about the Aurora shooting because the shooter was black. Otherwise you all would’ve been fighting each other to post the biggest gun control zinger.
dumb

Quit trying to separate everyone into tribes. I get that you're dumb (or racist) and filled with anxiety and fear of difference (especially sexual ineptitude) but you can overcome it with some reasonable thought. People are people first not political labels and forcing them to pick sides or putting them into a pre-labeled box is detrimental to our culture and politics.

Do better ..

Last edited:
True but this data kinda proves the point, No?

Human trafficking occurs in every state. California (1,305), Texas (792), and Florida (604) received the highest number of reported cases. This is due, in part, to their large populations, high immigrant populations, and status as border/entry states.

Here is a 2018 State Department report for the 2017 fiscal year. Unfortunately I only see a single percentage with all forms of trafficking combined:

DOJ’s grantees reported that 66 percent of clients served during the reporting period were U.S. citizens or LPRs and 34 percent were foreign nationals. Grantees reported that 64 percent of clients served were victims of sex trafficking, 24 percent were victims of labor trafficking, four percent were identified as victims of both sex and labor trafficking, and the form of trafficking for eight percent was unknown.
We know the place Robert Kraft was busted has been involved in trafficking from China.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT