ADVERTISEMENT

Huge crowd at 2020 football preview today.

hometownfan

Freshman
Feb 3, 2004
Place was packed with lots of IU fans and tons of energy. Got a picture with Coach Allen the bucket and talked to AT. Love both guys. Looks like a solid class with good character kids. Unfortunately, I went to the basketball game afterwards. Great seeing Coach Knight 's return and all of the celebrity's in attendance but their isn't enough Gin in Bloomington to get over this one! On a lighter note, I saw some offensive linemen walking back to the stadium after the game and I told them we are a football school now. Went over quite well.

Indiana is trending towards a football school!! Win 10 games this year and back our way into the Rose Bowl and it'll be on!!!

If IU can turn into a consistent bowl participant, fans would latch onto that in a heartbeat. They are just starving for some consistency in something. The basketball program is basically a lower mid major program with a Div III coach and a bunch of kids who half-ass it every game. Basketball really shouldn’t be that hard to eff up. Seemingly every football school has a decent basketball team now. They dominate the standings nowadays. IU seems to value basketball so much so that they stink at it.

ADVERTISEMENT