ADVERTISEMENT

Howard getting looked at for nba

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012

I personally want him out. I think he is a tremendous basketball mind and will crush it at UM. They might hire back Beilein if he leaves tho. Lol. How crazy would that be.

Eventually Howard will take the NBA dollars and leave UM. Howard is a NBA guy. It is what he knows best.

I don't think Howard is a bad coach but I would rather him be at UM instead of Beilein. By a wide margin.

I think Howard gets an incomplete as a coach. We already know Beilein is good.

Reactions: ORG
Based on what? One year of coaching someone else's players?

Tremendous is a bit much. But he ran some great sets with the players he did have. Sure they weren’t his, but they all weren’t great before. A lot of people talked about him back when the lakers job was open. Didn’t read or hear anything that wasn’t a glowing review. I think he relates well to young people and will recruit better than any big ten school. Recruiting is half the job, still need a great b-ball mind to do it!

Howard issued a damage control statement last night, but I would think the safe money is on him not being in Ann Arbor in 5 yrs. 20 yrs ago I would say that it would really hurt recruiting and be used against him and the program. But with the transient climate in today's college bball and younger people in general, I don't know if that still applies.

Reactions: ufo33

I personally want him out. I think he is a tremendous basketball mind and will crush it at UM. They might hire back Beilein if he leaves tho. Lol. How crazy would that be.

I would not be surprised at all if that's exactly what happens, as whacky as it sounds, it makes sense for UM and Beilein ... basically he took a sabbatical

Howard issued a damage control statement last night, but I would think the safe money is on him not being in Ann Arbor in 5 yrs. 20 yrs ago I would say that it would really hurt recruiting and be used against him and the program. But with the transient climate in today's college bball and younger people in general, I don't know if that still applies.
Could even be a plus. Get to know the guy who will be in a pro draft room soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT