ADVERTISEMENT

How would our fan base react?

4IUfourever

Junior
Oct 22, 2002
From the ESPN article about Patterson’s commitment to Villanova: “But after not landing anyone in the 2020 class, Wright is beginning to reload with the 2021 class.“

How would the fan base react if Archie didn’t get any commitments in a particular year? That quote took me back. Obviously it would depend on the previous classes and scholarship situation, but I feel like we would lose our minds if that ever happened at IU. Notice how I said we. It’s kind of crazy to think no one committed to Villanova in 2020. Thoughts?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...y-patterson-commits-villanova-florida-indiana

If IU had won 2 National championships recently, as Nova has done then I think I would be ok with that. I would trust Jay since he has won 2 NC’s. I think he knows what he is doing and I hope Archie can become as successful as that. But Villanova is a very good program and has been for a while. We will be good also, Archie is the right guy. We are going to be hard to beat for a long time.

Hi folks... literally no openings on the roster even with Bey declaring. 2 red shirts eligible this year. That is why no one from the 2020 class, he didn't recruit anyone.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Hi folks... literally no openings on the roster even with Bey declaring. 2 red shirts eligible this year. That is why no one from the 2020 class, he didn't recruit anyone.
Thanks for the info. Nice get for you guys w/ Patterson.

We had a year like the one in BOLD above. No seniors, no NBA-ready talent. We (over)signed 3 players anyway. :oops:

“It’s called Creaning for a reason . . .”

WTF? We don't allow true and reasoned posts on here. Ban him!

Don't really have much of a reaction to Nova nowadays, but I was in college in the mid 80s and lived for Big Monday, with Big East, Big 10 and Big West games back to back to back. Nova and St Johns were my adopted Big East teams and that 85 championship game was one of my all-time favs. Maybe at the top except for 3 others that stick out in 76, 81 and 87.

Don't really have much of a reaction to Nova nowadays, but I was in college in the mid 80s and lived for Big Monday, with Big East, Big 10 and Big West games back to back to back. Nova and St Johns were my adopted Big East teams and that 85 championship game was one of my all-time favs. Maybe at the top except for 3 others that stick out in 76, 81 and 87.
Nova wins while only taking 28 shots the entire game, while Gtown took 53. Can't even wrap my head around that. Long live the legend of Harold Jensen, probably the player of the game while only taking 5 shots.

Reactions: kkott
So you will have two recruits that didn’t play last year by redshirting. I would like to know who they are? It would be great if our teams could play the Gavitt game against each other. I know you (nova) will be really good and we(IU) can see how we stack up to one of the better teams in the country. Jay is a great coach and I am hoping Archie can get there. Thanks for responding on our board, always good to hear from other teams fans.

Thanks for the info. Nice get for you guys w/ Patterson.

We had a year like the one in BOLD above. No seniors, no NBA-ready talent. We (over)signed 3 players anyway. :oops:

“It’s called Creaning for a reason . . .”
My favorite is "Spring Creaning", I used to get mad at those comments but looking back they are kind if funny.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
They have been at the top of their conference for several years, consistently have top recruiting classes, and have recently won the championship. Simar to when Knight had a bad recruiting class or bad year, I think the vast majority of the fan base wouldn't be that upset. All that said: I still think Archie is doing great and has the program on track. There will always be trolls.

From the ESPN article about Patterson’s commitment to Villanova: “But after not landing anyone in the 2020 class, Wright is beginning to reload with the 2021 class.“

How would the fan base react if Archie didn’t get any commitments in a particular year? That quote took me back. Obviously it would depend on the previous classes and scholarship situation, but I feel like we would lose our minds if that ever happened at IU. Notice how I said we. It’s kind of crazy to think no one committed to Villanova in 2020. Thoughts?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...y-patterson-commits-villanova-florida-indiana

Reactions: mattn7
So you will have two recruits that didn’t play last year by redshirting. I would like to know who they are? It would be great if our teams could play the Gavitt game against each other. I know you (nova) will be really good and we(IU) can see how we stack up to one of the better teams in the country. Jay is a great coach and I am hoping Archie can get there. Thanks for responding on our board, always good to hear from other teams fans.

Hi Matt, the two are a transfer from Tulane name Caleb Daniels. He was the leading scorer for a pretty bad Tulane team but he is a really good combo guard will be a junior. The other is a redshirt freshman will be eligible this year named Eric Dixon he's a power forward and was the Pennsylvania state player of the year.

Reactions: mattn7

That's funny right there!

Always been a fan of IU as well. That 76 team one of my all time favorites. Huge Scott May fan. Then went to Nova right after that. Those Big Mondays were must see TV, no doubt. Loved that you guts broke Syracuse's heart too. Keith Smart... cold blooded!

Reactions: ulrey and kkott
ADVERTISEMENT