ADVERTISEMENT

How would everyone feel....

Kevin Wright has very deep roots in Indiana. His father, Bud Wright, is a legend in high school football. Bud coached the Sheridan High School football program to many victories and state championships.
I can see Kevin being a huge contributor to IU's future plans, both coaching and recruiting.

Kevin Wright has very deep roots in Indiana. His father, Bud Wright, is a legend in high school football. Bud coached the Sheridan High School football program to many victories and state championships.
I can see Kevin being a huge contributor to IU's future plans, both coaching and recruiting.
He wouldn't stay at IU any longer than he has at other jobs.

Wright knows talent, can coach talent and he can recruit talent. Besides IMG, he's been the HC at Noblesville, Warren Central, Carmel, Louisville Trinity and Oklahoma power Tulsa Union. His resume is about as good as you can get and if you read up on Wright, he's as connected as most of the assistants currently at Power 5 schools. He's be a great get.

Would be a great recruiter for the state of Florida. Yeah, it’s a smart move.

And I don’t consider IMG a high school. It’s more like a college prep school or Div 3.

You got that right about the prep school part...

No way the average family could afford going there. Saw on their website that tuition was 60k. That's insane.

You got that right about the prep school part...

No way the average family could afford going there. Saw on their website that tuition was 60k. That's insane.

They have sent over 140 players to FBS schools and they are an independent but play several of the top prep schools in the country annually.
They have state of the art facilities that rival FCS schools.

It’s a good move to get inroads there and of hiring Kevin Wright is the means to do it, sounds like a good plan. Tennessee once offered 20 players in the same class on a single day at IMG

Maybe Vesuvius can answer this but I don’t think Kevin Wright was too popular among IHSAA coaches. He was not liked at Tulsa Union hence his quick departure after just one year. Also wonder why he is leaving IMG unless he was getting a college job.
I can't answer that question because I didn't worry about other coaches and programs just my own. Now if I was in the same league I would have heard more I am sure. Kevin left some very good programs due to conflicts with administration and families so some people do wonder what the issues were.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT