ADVERTISEMENT

How would everyone feel....

Maybe Vesuvius can answer this but I don’t think Kevin Wright was too popular among IHSAA coaches. He was not liked at Tulsa Union hence his quick departure after just one year. Also wonder why he is leaving IMG unless he was getting a college job.

I met Kevin when he first came to coach at Noblesville. We were merely acquaintances and nothing more but I've kept close tabs on him ever since. He is an excellent coach and he demands total commitment from everyone... including the schools administrators... and that was the main reason he moved on from Noblesville. When he came to Noblesville the football program showed rapid improvement and they fell back to mediocrity (at best) quickly after he left. As for popularity with other coaches... who knows, I think there might have been some who were more jealous than anything because he's been successful everywhere he's been. The Tulsa Union deal was a bad deal from the beginning. In a state where football is king, and a football program that is a long-time state powerhouse, outsiders, and especially an outsider from a BASKETBALL state like INDIANA, are looked on with a wary eye. As I said earlier, Wright demands control and some people associated with the Tulsa Union program didn't like him changing anything. He saw the handwriting on the wall soon and got out. I can't blame him from what I've been told of the situation. Just think IU basketball... you know what I mean.

His Florida connections and his connections with the major powerhouse programs around the country, will be a boost to IU's recruiting.

I met Kevin when he first came to coach at Noblesville. We were merely acquaintances and nothing more but I've kept close tabs on him ever since. He is an excellent coach and he demands total commitment from everyone... including the schools administrators... and that was the main reason he moved on from Noblesville. When he came to Noblesville the football program showed rapid improvement and they fell back to mediocrity (at best) quickly after he left. As for popularity with other coaches... who knows, I think there might have been some who were more jealous than anything because he's been successful everywhere he's been. The Tulsa Union deal was a bad deal from the beginning. In a state where football is king, and a football program that is a long-time state powerhouse, outsiders, and especially an outsider from a BASKETBALL state like INDIANA, are looked on with a wary eye. As I said earlier, Wright demands control and some people associated with the Tulsa Union program didn't like him changing anything. He saw the handwriting on the wall soon and got out. I can't blame him from what I've been told of the situation. Just think IU basketball... you know what I mean.

His Florida connections and his connections with the major powerhouse programs around the country, will be a boost to IU's recruiting.
There is no doubt he knows football. Has great bloodline. I have to trust Tom Allen to make the Wright decision.

It is too bad or I guess a good thing. DJ Mcarthy. was not retained by FAU. Really another bonehead move by Taggart. He is a great recruiter and a great receivers coach. Too bad he was the fall guy for Les Miles and LSU several years back. I’m sure he will land on his feet.

This is why I like to wait and watch. Allen makes changes after every season to tweak things way he likes. Wright is definitely a recruiting coup and think he has very legit coaching chops. Sheridan is TBD but I do like him. Think he’s also going to work his ass off knowing he has to prove himself.

if Coach T goes to STC, and they bring in a good recruiting DB coach for safeties, that could Hep too. (And as long as Coach T stays focused and gets some things going there ...it’s been kind of Our weak link in terms of kick off and punt return- not much action. Kicking game is solid and think Campbell is going to crush next year.

ADVERTISEMENT