ADVERTISEMENT

How to Lose a game

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
Take trayce out with 30 seconds before under 4.

Easy inside bucket for PSU. 9 point Lead shrinks to 7.

RP misses wide open three.

PSU hits three. Lead down to 4.

Offensive foul on durham. PSU ball with 3 minutes to play and down 4. Here we go.

Last edited:
IU needs to change their defensive scheme. Every team knows what IU will do and designs a way to beat it.

Take trayce out with 30 seconds before under 4.

Easy inside bucket for PSU. 9 point Lead shrinks to 7.

RP misses wide open three.

PSU hits three. Lead down to 4.

Offensive foul on durham. PSU ball with 3 minutes to play and down 4. Here we go.
Taking Trayce out just before the 4 min mark is a planned substitution . He gets a 40 second rest plus the tv time out , so he is ready for the last 4 min. It's a good plan , but we turned the ball over and then there was no dead ball for almost a minute which ran the clock under 4 min . Sometimes a plan works the way you plan it , and sometimes it doesn't . I'm sure Trayce needed a blow at that time . I don't think either team played a great B-ball tonite , but the Hoosiers made some shots from out which was needed to help the inside game . The Hoosiers got a much needed win , and maybe some confidence as they continue through the Big Ten .

Taking Trayce out just before the 4 min mark is a planned substitution . He gets a 40 second rest plus the tv time out , so he is ready for the last 4 min. It's a good plan , but we turned the ball over and then there was no dead ball for almost a minute which ran the clock under 4 min . Sometimes a plan works the way you plan it , and sometimes it doesn't . I'm sure Trayce needed a blow at that time . I don't think either team played a great B-ball tonite , but the Hoosiers made some shots from out which was needed to help the inside game . The Hoosiers got a much needed win , and maybe some confidence as they continue through the Big Ten .

It’s a good plan at the 16, 12, and MAYBE 8 minute timeouts. It’s not a good idea at 4. As the OP pointed out. A bad 1-2 minute stretch at that point in the game is way more damaging. Because there’s only 2-3 minutes to make up for it. Hope he stops doing it late in games.

Reactions: TommyCracker
No doubt about it that it was a planned substitution. However, in my opinion, it was a defensive liability taking him out of the game. Especially for rebounding. No matter, we won the game. But i think Archie should have called an audible there and kept him in the game.

Last edited:
It’s a good plan at the 16, 12, and MAYBE 8 minute timeouts. It’s not a good idea at 4. As the OP pointed out. A bad 1-2 minute stretch at that point in the game is way more damaging. Because there’s only 2-3 minutes to make up for it. Hope he stops doing it late in games.
Bingo. You explained my point better than I could. Thank you!

No doubt about it that it was a planned substation. However, in my opinion, it was a defensive liability taking him out of the game. Especially for rebounding. No matter, we won the game. But i think Archie should have called an audible there amd kept him in the game.

If he’s not in foul trouble, and is healthy, TJD should never leave the floor under 5 minutes. Period. The TV timeout is all the rest he should need.

ADVERTISEMENT