ADVERTISEMENT

How old were you the last time Indiana beat Michigan?

I was there...

The crowd was Great!!!

We actually had Bo whining about all 48,000 of us being too loud... (really happened)...

It was a waterlogged work of art...

I was there as well. A sophomore at IU...my parent's friends couldn't go to the game so I took some guys from the dorm...a couple of fellas I didn't even know actually...the three of use could not have been from more different backgrounds...those guys lost their minds...hugged me every time they saw me for weeks...

Reactions: 76-1
was scheduled for network tv contingent upon an AL baseball playoff being completed.

they weren't, and the game got bumped for baseball.
Actually, it was the World Series. Had to end in 5 or less to get the game on. Once the Twinkies won Game 4 to even the series, that took care of the TV hopes. (B1G only had the contract with ABC, and Raycom was allowed one syndicated telecast but couldn’t drop their scheduled game to pick up our game.)

Was on campus but couldn’t go.

Actually, it was the World Series. Had to end in 5 or less to get the game on. Once the Twinkies won Game 4 to even the series, that took care of the TV hopes. (B1G only had the contract with ABC, and Raycom was allowed one syndicated telecast but couldn’t drop their scheduled game to pick up our game.)

Was on campus but couldn’t go.
I had forgotten about the world series. I had been sick all week and didn't want to battle the weather, but as a huge Cardinals fan, being able to watch the baseball game eased the sting of having to miss. I listened to Fisch and Max on the call, screamed and yelled enough as it was winding down to make my bronchitis worse.

On a related note, I missed both "darkest day" games as well. In '87 I had a chance to go to Cbus with a buddy, but had already made plans to attend a basketball coaches' clinic. When they announced the score at the clinic I didn't know whether to cheer or cry. The next year, the wife's brother got married on that day and our daughter was the flower girl. I didn't even bother to ask if it was ok for me to skip the wedding, but I bailed on the reception to catch the radio broadcast.

I'm going to be there tomorrow, even if it's raining shit. I'm not missing the next historic streak-breaker - though I will admit that if we lose in overtime again I might take a plunge from the tower of the NEZ.

Reactions: Walt542 and 4IUSox2
I had forgotten about the world series. I had been sick all week and didn't want to battle the weather, but as a huge Cardinals fan, being able to watch the baseball game eased the sting of having to miss. I listened to Fisch and Max on the call, screamed and yelled enough as it was winding down to make my bronchitis worse.

On a related note, I missed both "darkest day" games as well. In '87 I had a chance to go to Cbus with a buddy, but had already made plans to attend a basketball coaches' clinic. When they announced the score at the clinic I didn't know whether to cheer or cry. The next year, the wife's brother got married on that day and our daughter was the flower girl. I didn't even bother to ask if it was ok for me to skip the wedding, but I bailed on the reception to catch the radio broadcast.

I'm going to be there tomorrow, even if it's raining shit. I'm not missing the next historic streak-breaker - though I will admit that if we lose in overtime again I might take a plunge from the tower of the NEZ.

We'll have to start a "Win one for the Old Cougar" chant if things look tight...;)

Last edited:
Reactions: muubell
Brain fart on my end—Cards actually won Game 4 to even the series. Twins won 6 and 7 at home (Twins winning Game 6 also moved the Vikings game to Monday night).

In 1987 I was 36 years old and in attendance at the game with my wife. At that time our Season tickets were on the upper Entry Level 104 with seats in the row right at the entry on the outside of the aisle so we had easy access in and out for concessions and rest rooms. In previous years we had a lot of games in late October and November where the wind blew right through the entry way right at our back making us cold and uncomfortable . I remember the much of the game was played in the rain, but with the wind and the rain coming from the West, it blew right over us, and we weren't overly affected. I talked to some friends in the week following the game who had tickets in the East Stands talking about how uncomfortable it was with the Wind and rain blowing right into them. I almost said What Rain? given that we weren't affected as much.

The worst part is that they got divorced a few years later - so the whole damn thing was a waste. I still bring that point up to my wife about why I should have skipped the wedding for the game.
Did they return the two unopened unused Blenders? On the bright side, at least You and Your Wife Didn't pay the Cost of the Wedding. Then again, with Your Luck they probably had a Cash Bar.

The worst part is that they got divorced a few years later - so the whole damn thing was a waste. I still bring that point up to my wife about why I should have skipped the wedding for the game.

moral to the story, it's bad luck to have a wedding the same day as an IU football game.

be sure and tell all your friends and relatives to get the word out.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT