ADVERTISEMENT

How old were you the last time Indiana beat Michigan?

16, I remember it well, rainy day. I was listening to it at home. In Bloomington. I didn't want to go because it was a nasty, driving rain, plus it was sold out, or close to it, as I recall, so seats wouldn't have been great, & scalping would have been pricey. I obviously wish I had gone, I remember my neighbors went & said I missed out, & they talked about how loud & crazy the crowd was at the end, like moreso than ever before.

Last edited:

I was 30. My pregnant wife & I were at the game It was a special day. The wind change during the 4th quarter. , Bo getting upset about the noise lol. The fans rushing the field and tearing down the goal posts. I remember one of the uprights being passed up the west side stand. I thought they might throw it over the top. Thankfully that idea ended and it was passed back down.

I was 28. I passed on the chance to go to the game because I was battling bronchitis and didn't want to risk getting sicker. Not really sorry I didn't go as I probably would've ended up in the hospital, but I hate like hell that I missed it.

I will be there Saturday regardless of weather to hopefully see this streak end.

I was 11. Sadly, I don't remember it. As of Saturday, 44 and it's high time it happens!

Reactions: vesuvius13
I was 6 and have absolutely no recollection of this. Anthony Thompson was the first player I remember seeing in person for IU FBall.

1987. What a great year for IU sports that must've been. Basketball wins the title in March and then we turn around and beat UM in the fall. How depressing would that have been if at that time someone would've said you'll be on the door step of 2020 before either of those happen again. fml

I was 30 and it was a crazy day.
I was 10 when we beat PUke on our way to the Rose Bowl.
I was there for that one as well. My most vivid memory of that game was Terry Cole’s 60+ yard run which I only saw the end because everyone was bigger than me lol
Went to the locker room after the game,my dad knew people.
I remember how big those guys were and I remember watching them shave in front of these tiny mirrors.
It’s funny the things you remember from your childhood.
Oh yeah,we also got a piece of turf from the middle of the field that had paint on it.
Wonderful childhood memories for sure.

40 for the win at home, 20 for the one at the Big House. Someone needs to add the picture of the post game handshake of Coach Mallory and Bo after the 87 game. I thought I had it but haven’t found it yet.

These games are 3rd & 4th in my top 5 games attended, behind 67 Purdue, & 68 Rose Bowl, with the 88 mauling of the worthless nuts coming in a close 5th. Will be there Saturday looking for a new #3.

19.....sophomore at IU. To this day, the best game I have gone to. Obviously, being a student just makes the whole experience different, which adds to why it was the best game for me. Never sat down the entire game, yelling the whole time. (Of course, the rain helped to stand - who wants to sit on wet bleachers?)

Student at IU. Great time. Students stood the whole game. Nobody left.

Reisert with a blocked punt!! EJ TD reception!!!! Joe Huff with some huge TFLs vs Jamie Morris. Demetrius Brown not snapping the ball as he said he couldn't hear. HORIZONTAL rain in the 4th quarter, man. The best time in the rain, ever.

very last minute a buddy and i decided to make the drive from Indy and attend.

we stopped at some hardware store on the way down and bought some clear visqueen type plastic for protection from the rain.. never tried that before, but worked great, and kept us warm as well. i think we sat on one edge to keep our butts dry, and pulled it over our backs and heads.

bought some tickets out front of the west stands. iirc didn't pay a lot, maybe $10-20 tops each.

we treated everything, (fball and bball), as general admission, so went and found us a couple great seats together. (west stands, maybe row 15, approx south 45 yrd line).

no idea where our actual assigned seats were, but probably nose bleed, since when you do everything general admission, you just buy the cheapest seats you can get. (they probably weren't even together).

great game. cool how it started in daylight and finished in darkness under the lights.

hit The Bluebird after the game. on the way back out of Btown we noticed the stadium lights were still on later that night, so we swung by the stadium again, got out of the car and walked over to the north fence, (pre NEZ).

the field was still totally lit, with the north goal post laying on the ground across the endzone.

16 and there under the press box out of the rain, best seats in the house that day. I am taking my 16 and 14 year old boys, and one of their 16 year old friends to the game Saturday for a repeat of history minus the rain hopefully.

I was there...

The crowd was Great!!!

We actually had Bo whining about all 48,000 of us being too loud... (really happened)...

It was a waterlogged work of art...
Bone Bo!!

I was a 19yo Soph in the stands.

Last edited:
I was 23 and living near Lexington. I don't remember watching the game or if it was even available to watch. I probably found out after the game was over. Saturday was the day we went to Lexington or to one of the parties my coworkers would have. Those activities were more important to us back then. There were several young graduates with fans from the B10 were well represented from IU, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan and purdue.

Was at the game. Don't believe it was on any stations, cable or free, that day. Too bad.

I was 34 and watched it at WTTV Channel 4's closed-circuit viewing party along with the rest of the staff and about 100 clients. It was a great time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT