ADVERTISEMENT

How much fun is this?

Sep 15, 2019
We've been here before, knocking on the door of football relevance. This time, it feels a little different. We have so many freshmen who can play. A QB who can flat spin it and, with a little seasoning currently underway, can lead this group through that doorway. We have a defense gaining in confidence (thanks Rutger), depth in the running game and at wideout.

So how much fun is it looking forward to Maryland? To me, the carrot is in sight...can we grab it? One game at a time, sure. But, to take a page from Ryder Cup Captain Crenshaw, "I've got a feeling about these guys."

To me, this is way more intriguing than IUBB.

We've been here before, knocking on the door of football relevance. This time, it feels a little different. We have so many freshmen who can play. A QB who can flat spin it and, with a little seasoning currently underway, can lead this group through that doorway. We have a defense gaining in confidence (thanks Rutger), depth in the running game and at wideout.

So how much fun is it looking forward to Maryland? To me, the carrot is in sight...can we grab it? One game at a time, sure. But, to take a page from Ryder Cup Captain Crenshaw, "I've got a feeling about these guys."

IU football is not close to IU Basketball.
I can't wait for IU Basketball to start.
When IU football starts going to bowls the interest in the IU football team will change.

Thanks for coming to the FOOTBALL BOARD to set us straight.

lol........IU football is personal we me......My Dad suffered through about 50 years worth, and now I'm right about there. I just have this feeling that this year is crucial for the course of the program for the next 10 years.......and also that this week's game is crucial for this year. So to answer the original question....it's not that much fun, it's actually kind of painful to watch. It will be fun to watch if we win this Saturday.

Last edited:
I totally agree. It definitely feels different. So many freshmen and sophomores and a real QB with an NFL skill set. Don't compare this to Randle-El. He never had an NFL QB skill set. Definitely feels like we are on the verge. Our players need to take the next step and make it happen. 60 minutes and killer instinct.

When IU football starts going to bowls the interest in the IU football team will change.
True but football has been to bowl more recently than b-ball to tournament. That’s extremely sobering thought

I totally agree. It definitely feels different. So many freshmen and sophomores and a real QB with an NFL skill set. Don't compare this to Randle-El. He never had an NFL QB skill set. Definitely feels like we are on the verge. Our players need to take the next step and make it happen. 60 minutes and killer instinct.

worried about his health.......to win some of these games he may have to run the ball some............

Reactions: vesuvius13
You can't wait to watch a team that hasn't made it to the NCAA Tournament in the past several years and has barely been competitive against good teams? Man you must be easily entertained/distracted. I'll bet that when your Wife pulls out the laser flashlight and moves the beam to get your Cat to chase it, you are on the floor right behind the Cat.

Blasphemy! F*ck b-ball right now! It's football season lets roll!

To the OP yes this feels a little different. Penix can keep us rolling and I expect a good result Saturday!

basketball...pfffft, frick, damn, f***, for gawds sakes lets win some football games! f*ckin basketball...I'm pissed now! g-damn b-ball.

Sorry for the rant...

Last edited:
I hope the football program becomes an 8 win program with the occasional 10 win season. I've followed IU football for roughly 35 years, I love it.

You are correct, it feels different because it is different. With the amount of freshman talent on this team, things are looking good.

Our BB is picked about 10th in big ten? I wish we were better, but does not seem likely yet. Football is better than that, I think.

Our BB is picked about 10th in big ten? I wish we were better, but does not seem likely yet. Football is better than that, I think.
Can you imagine the negativity if b-ball team picked 10th?... oh wait, damn

I hope the football program becomes an 8 win program with the occasional 10 win season. I've followed IU football for roughly 35 years, I love it.

You are correct, it feels different because it is different. With the amount of freshman talent on this team, things are looking good.

It sure feels like this year and next year can potentially shift the power balance in the big ten. So many middle tier teams are completely mediocre this year...IU needs to capitalize.

This year has been exciting when Penix is playing. There is a lot of young talent on the team mixed in with older talent. The future is bright especially when IU beats MD this week. I hope the players come out fired up and do their jobs to win this game. The offense should have a field day against that defense especially after PU ripped them last Saturday.

This year has been exciting when Penix is playing. There is a lot of young talent on the team mixed in with older talent. The future is bright especially when IU beats MD this week. I hope the players come out fired up and do their jobs to win this game. The offense should have a field day against that defense especially after PU ripped them last Saturday.
Absolutely, if Purdue can pass for those numbers, IU should blister their secondary. I expect IU to thump Maryland, might put $100 on IU.

Reactions: Indianaftw
Absolutely, if Purdue can pass for those numbers, IU should blister their secondary. I expect IU to thump Maryland, might put $100 on IU.
Marylands defense has given up at least 270 yards or more passing to every team except howard (70 something) and rutgers (163)

Reactions: midwolfe and 76-1
the wonder of social media.

one troll makes a stupid dis of IU fball, and everyone responds by attacking the bball team.

This is, indeed, a big game that determines the Hoosier Nation mindset for the rest of the year, the decade actually, a decade of futility. We need to finish it on a high note with victories over Maryland, Nebraska and then Northwestern before beating Purdue in the final game. We aren't beating Penn State or Michigan. Michigan is weak this year, relatively speaking only. I hope to God we don't have to beat Purdue to get a bowl invitation. Things seldom go well for us in West Lafayette and Rondale Moore back on the field for this one would be so typical for IU's luck. I know, one game at a time and it's a game "glued to the tube" for the IU faithful this Saturday. I do wish Purdue hadn't just beaten Maryland so soundly, though. Maryland is one of those teams hard to figure at this stage of the season. I imagine their fans feel the same about this upcoming game as we do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT